Sponsored

How do you feel about this?

Patrykd07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP Mustang GT
Hey guys, I have a 15' PP GT, I recently put LMR lowering springs on it and purchased some spacers so the wheels sit flush. I purchased hubcentric 25mm up front(wheel sit perfect) and hubcentric 15mm for the rears. Here's where things get interesting, the place I purchased the spacers from said they'll fit my car with no issue, however the 15mm spacers don't take up enough stud so naturally they bottom out on the wheel. So I had some 7mm spacers laying around and I slapped them on with the 15mm spacers. So intotal I have 23mm of spacers in the rear and the car sits perfect. With everything torqued down correctly should I have any issues doing this? I drove it around and there are no weird vibrations or anything.

Pics for reference:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan of spacers but understand why guys choose to run them. I would not drive on your current set up, there is plenty of safer options available.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Nooo get the right size.

I just went through the same thing but eibach is smart enough and only offers the 15 in slip on with extended studs. Since you were told wrong u should get your money back

OP
OP
Patrykd07

Patrykd07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP Mustang GT
Nooo get the right size.

I just went through the same thing but eibach is smart enough and only offers the 15 in slip on with extended studs. Since you were told wrong u should get your money back
Is that what you're running on your car? 25mm on the rear is just too much IMO.

I ended up just pulling all the spacers off. The rear lug nuts kept loosening up and I realized that the lug nuts still bottomed out on the wheel just a hair but enough to bother it when you tighten everything down...

kinda sorta pissed about that.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
23mm not enough. Never double up.

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Hey guys, I have a 15' PP GT, I recently put LMR lowering springs on it and purchased some spacers so the wheels sit flush. I purchased hubcentric 25mm up front(wheel sit perfect) and hubcentric 15mm for the rears. Here's where things get interesting, the place I purchased the spacers from said they'll fit my car with no issue, however the 15mm spacers don't take up enough stud so naturally they bottom out on the wheel. So I had some 7mm spacers laying around and I slapped them on with the 15mm spacers. So intotal I have 23mm of spacers in the rear and the car sits perfect. With everything torqued down correctly should I have any issues doing this? I drove it around and there are no weird vibrations or anything.

Well, I can see the first problem is that a 15mm spacer and a 7mm spacer will only equal 22 mm not 23. That one mm may be the difference between sitting flush and not.

Can't say for sure but I do know 15+7 is 22! :cheers:

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
So 25mm is the minimum??!!

I have not installed anything, still waiting on my 20mm bolt on to show up. I agree 25 is too much.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
With the PP wheels there isn't enough room to seat fully with the 23mm. It's very close. You could always trim a thread or 2 off and run 23mm. Ive heard people have done that. You could get aftermarket studs too. But they are pricey.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
With the PP wheels there isn't enough room to seat fully with the 23mm. It's very close. You could always trim a thread or 2 off and run 23mm. Ive heard people have done that. You could get aftermarket studs too. But they are pricey.
If you must do spacers - which is a second-best solution at best even with only one spacer per wheel - you owe it to yourself and everybody else to do it right. If that means the less-expensive-appearing method ends up not saving you as much money as you initially thought it would, so be it. This isn't a place to be 'cheaping out'.

On edit - photobucket's new 3rd party crap has struck again.

Norm

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
If you must do spacers - which is a second-best solution at best even with only one spacer per wheel - you owe it to yourself and everybody else to do it right. If that means the less-expensive-appearing method ends up not saving you as much money as you initially thought it would, so be it. This isn't a place to be 'cheaping out'.

On edit - photobucket's new 3rd party crap has struck again.

Norm
Solid advice, Norm. Does anybody know the specs for shorter lugs and good place to find them?

Thanks!
Sponsored