Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Darn, won't be buying these if I have to take the bumper off. Will have to wait and see if there is a better way
I am 100% certain there are only 2 ways to install turn signals. I just installed some several weeks back. Take off the front end or go through the fender well. I opted to go through the fender well. There isn't anything hard about replacing the turn signals, but it is time consuming. I'd plan on 3 hours for the whole thing. But the results after are worth the time and injuries! Haha :headbonk:

One thing to note, when taking out the fog light/turn signal housing, there are clips holding the housing in after unbolting everything. You might think you are breaking the clips to get the housing out. You aren't. It takes some force. Just a heads up.
Sponsored

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
I am 100% certain there are only 2 ways to install turn signals. I just installed some several weeks back. Take off the front end or go through the fender well. I opted to go through the fender well. There isn't anything hard about replacing the turn signals, but it is time consuming. I'd plan on 3 hours for the whole thing. But the results after are worth the time and injuries! Haha :headbonk:

One thing to note, when taking out the fog light/turn signal housing, there are clips holding the housing in after unbolting everything. You might think you are breaking the clips to get the housing out. You aren't. It takes some force. Just a heads up.
Can I ask why you had to take the fog light out :confused:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Can I ask why you had to take the fog light out :confused:
The fog light and turn signal are built into the same housing. When you unbolt and unclip the housing, the housing, fog light, and turn signal will come out as one.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
A peek in this new feature video. Note that the video shows the white output off-angle. When looking head-on, the DRL is extremely bright and easily visible in direct sunlight.

[ame]

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Looks awesome, great job guys! ETA on release?

Do all models have the functionality to switch between the 3 speed options?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Looks awesome, great job guys! ETA on release?

Do all models have the functionality to switch between the 3 speed options?
Yes, you can choose when you install, and change them anytime you please.

We will be setting an official release date very soon. We have had very good response from distributors looking to stock them up, so we are in production now to make sure we have enough ready to go for everyone at release. Thanks!

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Pre-order special? Would be awesome for those of us that have been following this forever...

Sponsored

Charly159

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016
Yes I confirm, take my money already hehe I want!

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
These look fantastic. And I love the idea of "OEM+" and the effort DD has made in that regard.

I have searched and can't find anything but did I dream that there were people who were eventually having troubles with error codes being thrown after a certain amount of time using switchbacks??

I hope not, I would love to have these.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
These look fantastic. And I love the idea of "OEM+" and the effort DD has made in that regard.

I have searched and can't find anything but did I dream that there were people who were eventually having troubles with error codes being thrown after a certain amount of time using switchbacks??

I hope not, I would love to have these.
ive never had an error code even with the cheap chinese ones i have. occasionally they flash like a pace car turn signal would, but no codes thrown.
Sponsored