Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm curious about the thoughts on the PP on either the Eco or GT:

How much would you pay for a track ready suspension package?
What would you want to see for content?
If it were special order only (meaning only available on a retail order) would you be willing to wait for it?
Would you prefer additional options for Wheel/Tire Packs, Adj/Non Adj Suspension, Brake Systems (Carbon, 2 Piece,etc.)
Should exhaust be an option?

I'll start:

As good as the PP is, it is too street oriented. I would pay $5-7K for a full on suspension package with some serious tire size and compound. It should include an adjustable suspension etc. I think that is a fair price, honestly I think the PP is too cheap but I'm not complaining.

I would like an option such as a Competition Prep Package, still a street car but hard core chassis, maybe provisions for a customer bolt-in legal roll bar, harness attachment points. This would be a $10K option.

I for the life of me don't understand why Ford does not offer Exhaust systems on the order sheet. Legally they can't do a Track Key but exhaust should be an option.

I'm tired of the Special addition Mustangs, they have a bunch of goodies but usually they are on a loaded car save for the Boss. My hope is the GT350 will be a truer version and not just a loaded ($$$) car with some special engine.

You can buy a track going version straight from Ford for about $100K. I just want the option to at least get some of the good stuff. :shrug:
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I would pay an additional $2255 for a performance pack on an automatic GT convertible. Ah, maybe next year.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
For sure the $5K option!

I also agree on the exhaust options.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Stock suspension for me.

I'd pay $2495 for a 25 HP/25 TQ power bump as an "option" in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Stock suspension for me.

I'd pay $2495 for a 25 HP/25 TQ power bump as an "option" in a heartbeat.
That's a lot of money for just 25HP/25TQ...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
That's a lot of money for just 25HP/25TQ...
A factory stock option. Able to be financed with new car purchase and FULLY under warranty.

No, I wouldn't pay that much for aftermarket.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
just the stock pp, but the shocks would be replace before the first track event.

beers

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
The results are interesting. Granted the sample size is tiny and the data is skewed because perceptions effect choices. If Ford had the PP and a 1LE type package that was just reviewed in the magazine I can almost guarantee the results would be different.

This poll does say that Ford is only missing 20% of it's customer base. It's pretty good but I'm in that 20%.

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We need more votes! :)

I see people talking about sway-bar and spring changes all the time... I'm surprised there are more like me that are voting for the stock suspension.

I'll get a strut-tower brace (probably the one from the LE), but only for looks at car shows, not to help with stiffening the chassis.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
$5k track suspension and rubber. Like a 1LE package if sorts? That's my vote.

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Living in Western Washington, an Ultra High Performance Summer tire is a 4 month/year option. I'd like to have a square setup with all season tire option.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I'm curious about the thoughts on the PP on either the Eco or GT:

How much would you pay for a track ready suspension package?
What would you want to see for content?
If it were special order only (meaning only available on a retail order) would you be willing to wait for it?
Would you prefer additional options for Wheel/Tire Packs, Adj/Non Adj Suspension, Brake Systems (Carbon, 2 Piece,etc.)
Should exhaust be an option?

I'll start:

As good as the PP is, it is too street oriented. I would pay $5-7K for a full on suspension package with some serious tire size and compound. It should include an adjustable suspension etc. I think that is a fair price, honestly I think the PP is too cheap but I'm not complaining.

I would like an option such as a Competition Prep Package, still a street car but hard core chassis, maybe provisions for a customer bolt-in legal roll bar, harness attachment points. This would be a $10K option.

I for the life of me don't understand why Ford does not offer Exhaust systems on the order sheet. Legally they can't do a Track Key but exhaust should be an option.

I'm tired of the Special addition Mustangs, they have a bunch of goodies but usually they are on a loaded car save for the Boss. My hope is the GT350 will be a truer version and not just a loaded ($$$) car with some special engine.

You can buy a track going version straight from Ford for about $100K. I just want the option to at least get some of the good stuff. :shrug:

I understand what you are saying, but don't really grasp why. Are you strickly talking an aftermarket kit, or a dealer/delivery installed one ?
Again, are asking as a new car buyer..? Or as an already owner of a s550..?

Otherwise, the GT350 fits the bill, essentially mirroring your need & wants.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Wouldnt pay too much for it. I can build another Factory Five Cobra that will outperform the car in every way for less money and have way more adjustability.
Sponsored