Sponsored

11’s on Stock Block and Street Tires

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Wait you are saying perfweld put up a video on youtube going over a full blown motor and you say tune+ helped blow that motor? Or are we talking about somebody different. You're reply was a bit confusing and just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Just a guy posting his completely destroyed Ecoboost motor and if not done right it could be someone fallowing him , and not poking anyone in the eye just a video of the search for fast 11.0 1/4 mile..:cheers:

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Just a guy posting his completely destroyed Ecoboost motor and if not done right it could be someone fallowing him , and not poking anyone in the eye just a video of the search for fast 11.0 1/4 mile..:cheers:
Gotcha. Appreciate the clarification. :cheers:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Oh hai there! :lol:

I blew my motor bc I was impatient. I was not tuned for spray. I was, however, tuned for ass kicking with E30. Which meant I was already at, or at least near, the ragged edge of the fuel system by demanding additional effort for the E30. And I had a dry kit, which adds no fuel (for those who aren't aware of the difference). So I was at the ceiling of the fuel system, and added a 70 shot of nitrous without any additional fuel. This is why my motor blew. Nothing to do with the tune, tuner, our the fact that it was a Spain built motor from the factory.

I didn't blow it racing, either, which was surprising. It took a perfect storm of events for the motor to actually let go. Being in FL, my power levels suffer greatly from the heat and increased charge air temps on a regular basis. Luckily, I have a badass intercooler (Levels Performance Race) to help. Anyways, it was mid-October and we had our first cold snap here. It was in the 70s, track was still pretty warm, ran all night long and had ran like 8 passes on the spray (was challenging the local drag race list; got from off the list all the way to 3rd) that night without a single hiccup. Drove home with a freshly filled bottle, stopped and topped off the E85 / 93 mixture, and figured I should get a log to my tuner on the spray. It was now after 1am, temps were like high 60s. Charge air temps never went above like 73, IIRC. And it grenaded on the data log pass attempt, unfortunately.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the car's tune will pull timing when the charge air temps are excessive. I think that starts at like 100* CAT. Well when you run nitrous, you're often pulling timing in the tune to make it safer. My CATs being over 100* on all my previous passes allowed my "untuned" tune to pull timing and essentially made the nitrous 'safer' on those passes. It wasn't until the car got all the timing that she blew.

Hope that clears up any confusion. And to be clear, the car went 1.6 / 7.3 / 11.3 on stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock motor. Tune+ tuned on a tire, E30, IWG, panel filter, BMR Drag Springs, and three dry shot.

www.YouTube.com/midiabl0

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Dude my car is nowhere near maxed out so I'm not sure what you are thinking. Running a 12.60 on a bone stock all season tire means I wasn't even launching the car all that hard. My 1.78 60ft shows that. Suspension? Get vertical links and you are fine. I would even say upgrade the half shafts if you wanted. But you don't need a bunch of suspension stuff at all to go 11's. You don't need a fuel system. Just have a solid e30 tune done or even run a race gas tune on the stock fuel system. Then me personally I would run a radial out back and go out and get it done. Y'all are making 11's out to be A LOT more difficult than they really are. Now start talking 10's and we are getting into a different ball game.
Running e30 in jersey as a daily is a nuance. I would personally would love running a e30 tune when the time is right, but I don't trust myself mixing the fuel with no flex fuel stations around.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I'm just going to write this so all of the Amateurs get it .
Over taxing the 2.3 Ecoboost should be done with great care.
Get a built block to start so you know where your headed .

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh hai there! :lol:

I blew my motor bc I was impatient. I was not tuned for spray. I was, however, tuned for ass kicking with E30. Which meant I was already at, or at least near, the ragged edge of the fuel system by demanding additional effort for the E30. And I had a dry kit, which adds no fuel (for those who aren't aware of the difference). So I was at the ceiling of the fuel system, and added a 70 shot of nitrous without any additional fuel. This is why my motor blew. Nothing to do with the tune, tuner, our the fact that it was a Spain built motor from the factory.

I didn't blow it racing, either, which was surprising. It took a perfect storm of events for the motor to actually let go. Being in FL, my power levels suffer greatly from the heat and increased charge air temps on a regular basis. Luckily, I have a badass intercooler (Levels Performance Race) to help. Anyways, it was mid-October and we had our first cold snap here. It was in the 70s, track was still pretty warm, ran all night long and had ran like 8 passes on the spray (was challenging the local drag race list; got from off the list all the way to 3rd) that night without a single hiccup. Drove home with a freshly filled bottle, stopped and topped off the E85 / 93 mixture, and figured I should get a log to my tuner on the spray. It was now after 1am, temps were like high 60s. Charge air temps never went above like 73, IIRC. And it grenaded on the data log pass attempt, unfortunately.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the car's tune will pull timing when the charge air temps are excessive. I think that starts at like 100* CAT. Well when you run nitrous, you're often pulling timing in the tune to make it safer. My CATs being over 100* on all my previous passes allowed my "untuned" tune to pull timing and essentially made the nitrous 'safer' on those passes. It wasn't until the car got all the timing that she blew.

Hope that clears up any confusion. And to be clear, the car went 1.6 / 7.3 / 11.3 on stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock motor. Tune+ tuned on a tire, E30, IWG, panel filter, BMR Drag Springs, and three dry shot.

www.YouTube.com/midiabl0

Ok.

Thank you for clarification on blown motor .. I am subscriber to your channel love it, And the kids in background priceless.lol

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
A lot of Sheetz stations around here have e85 and either e30 or e15. Not surprising though. North Carolina is one of the homes of racing.

Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 5 e85 stations within a 3 miles radius of muh crib. :headbang: Eat yer heart owt. :lol:
Can I move in with you? :lol:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok.

Thank you for clarification on blown motor .. I am subscriber to your channel love it, And the kids in background priceless.lol
Thanks man, I appreciate that!

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Running e30 in jersey as a daily is a nuance. I would personally would love running a e30 tune when the time is right, but I don't trust myself mixing the fuel with no flex fuel stations around.
I flat refuse to do e30 because I'm not a chemist. I'd rather pay more and do a race gas additive tune and make a little more power. And it's an easier mix for me. Just add a 32oz can of it to a full tank of 93 and done. It also doesn't stress the fuel system like e30 does either.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I flat refuse to do e30 because I'm not a chemist. I'd rather pay more and do a race gas additive tune and make a little more power. And it's an easier mix for me. Just add a 32oz can of it to a full tank of 93 and done. It also doesn't stress the fuel system like e30 does either.

Hay mate what type ?
Hp gains ?
Do you need a tune for this ?
Were to get it?
Great idea but need some questions answered if you have time.:clap2:
Sponsored