Sponsored

11’s on Stock Block and Street Tires

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Don't need HALF of what you mentioned. And no weight reduction either. There are guys that have gone 11's on a pure street tire and a stock block. Guy had an upgraded turbo and fuel system. Did not have suspension work, sway bars, brackets or an empty cockpit. You can go 11's stock turbo, stock block, stock fuel system, full weight as well. I went 12.6 with an intercooler, cat-back and a 93 octane tune on bone stock tires. Any kind of stickier street tire I could've gone another tenth or so quicker. If I had a radial low 12's easily.
11 1/4 is a little different than 12's. You maxed out your car just to obtain mid 12's before blowing up a piston, gasket, or turbo. On a straight perfect weather track - ok hope and and a prayer. But if you push a stock suspension mustang on the road you are going to hop over the guard rail before you blow a piston. Can it be done? Sure, but not very practical or safe.
Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
E30 tune, cheap radial, and intercooler got me 12.0@113, on a hot day. Just sayin it don't take much. A cool fall day or another 0.01 off the 60' would get an 11.99 I'd imagine.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I think you are just mad that you got proven wrong on what's actually needed to run 11's honestly. 11's are childs play for these cars.
As far as Perfweld his 2nd motor was by choice because of his goals. Otherwise he had a perfectly healthy stock block that went 10's multiple times. There was nothing wrong with it when he pulled it out of his car and did an inspection either. Now for 10's yes I would do bare minimum a built shortblock as well just to be safe as you put it. But we are talking about 11's here and can someone do it on a street tire. The answer is YES someone can and has gone 11's full weight, stock longblock on street tires. Infact Tune+ tuned that car. They played with the traction control on the AP to help get the car off the line.
wow.... this is a joke right ... he did a full video on YouTube bro showing the aftermath of the blown motor'' check your facts'' running 10 or 11 I don't remember but it blew hard with metal parts in every corner of the block, and yes the tune + did help in the kill of that motor..

no mate not mad with anyone wanting to talk on a forum it how we learn..:clap2:

3:44

Ecoboost Mustang goes Ecoboom! Bottom End Damage Reveal!

MiDiabl0

1.8K views
4 months ago

Last edited:

15Black3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 3.7
That’s josh Parker’s car. He ran just bolt ons with a dry shot, untuned for something like 30 passes before it blew. Not the tuners fault. Not the motors fault. He did it by choice. Don’t try to skew the facts

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
Wow, this thread got out of control fast. Mid 12’s is not pushing this platform hard at all. It’s almost too easy. 11’s can be done pushing the stock turbo - full weight, no drag specific parts. These things are nowhere near as fragile as the FRPP tune crowd would have you believe.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
You guys do know or even should know that the professionals do tear down a block after only 2 passes right . So after 30 passes no engine is going to stay together ...

Just saying ......

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
E30, drag radial, intercooler, and IWG will easily get you a 11.99 without being on the ragged edge.

I've been to the drag strip a hundred times or more over the last 2.5 years and I've seen it make pass after pass after pass in the 11s without being pushed to the breaking point.

Like Bennington said, these motors aren't as fragile as everyone acts like they are. In the first year and a half or so, I was at the drag strip every weekend — sometimes twice a weekend — and was down in Mexico racing ALL of the time. It had 70k miles on the STOCK SEALED SPAIN ENGINE (VEP 678).

That means one of two things: a) either the ecoboom is way over popularized or b) I was doing something right. It wasn't luck either because I usually don't have that good of luck with most things. I think some engines, much like anything man-made in this world, will have a few bad ones in the batch, but I still stand by the fact that they will last as long as you do 3 things: heat management, supporting mods, and proper maintenance.

In the end, I've seen firsthand what the cars will do because I and many others have been out there racing them and pushing them. You can get into the 11s easily without pushing them to the bleeding edge.

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
You guys do know or even should know that the professionals do tear down a block after only 2 passes right . So after 30 passes no engine is going to stay together ...

Just saying ......
There would not be one drag strip open for business if you had to rebuild your engine after 30 passes.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
There would not be one drag strip open for business if you had to rebuild your engine after 30 passes.
Ya know corn comes in a can toooœ ...

I'm gonna call u corn on the cobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
11 1/4 is a little different than 12's. You maxed out your car just to obtain mid 12's before blowing up a piston, gasket, or turbo. On a straight perfect weather track - ok hope and and a prayer. But if you push a stock suspension mustang on the road you are going to hop over the guard rail before you blow a piston. Can it be done? Sure, but not very practical or safe.
Dude my car is nowhere near maxed out so I'm not sure what you are thinking. Running a 12.60 on a bone stock all season tire means I wasn't even launching the car all that hard. My 1.78 60ft shows that. Suspension? Get vertical links and you are fine. I would even say upgrade the half shafts if you wanted. But you don't need a bunch of suspension stuff at all to go 11's. You don't need a fuel system. Just have a solid e30 tune done or even run a race gas tune on the stock fuel system. Then me personally I would run a radial out back and go out and get it done. Y'all are making 11's out to be A LOT more difficult than they really are. Now start talking 10's and we are getting into a different ball game.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya know corn comes in a can toooœ ...

I'm gonna call u corn on the cobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I guess my engine needs a rebuild then. because I have well over 30 passes on it.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30, drag radial, intercooler, and IWG will easily get you a 11.99 without being on the ragged edge.

I've been to the drag strip a hundred times or more over the last 2.5 years and I've seen it make pass after pass after pass in the 11s without being pushed to the breaking point.

Like Bennington said, these motors aren't as fragile as everyone acts like they are. In the first year and a half or so, I was at the drag strip every weekend — sometimes twice a weekend — and was down in Mexico racing ALL of the time. It had 70k miles on the STOCK SEALED SPAIN ENGINE (VEP 678).

That means one of two things: a) either the ecoboom is way over popularized or b) I was doing something right. It wasn't luck either because I usually don't have that good of luck with most things. I think some engines, much like anything man-made in this world, will have a few bad ones in the batch, but I still stand by the fact that they will last as long as you do 3 things: heat management, supporting mods, and proper maintenance.

In the end, I've seen firsthand what the cars will do because I and many others have been out there racing them and pushing them. You can get into the 11s easily without pushing them to the bleeding edge.
I vote for you were doing something right. I remember when I joined the forums and you posted up running 11's.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow.... this is a joke right ... he did a full video on YouTube bro showing the aftermath of the blown motor'' check your facts'' running 10 or 11 I don't remember but it blew hard with metal parts in every corner of the block, and yes the tune + did help in the kill of that motor..

no mate not mad with anyone wanting to talk on a forum it how we learn..:clap2:

3:44

Ecoboost Mustang goes Ecoboom! Bottom End Damage Reveal!

MiDiabl0

1.8K views
4 months ago
Wait you are saying perfweld put up a video on youtube going over a full blown motor and you say tune+ helped blow that motor? Or are we talking about somebody different. You're reply was a bit confusing and just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Wait you are saying perfweld put up a video on youtube going over a full blown motor and you say tune+ helped blow that motor? Or are we talking about somebody different. You're reply was a bit confusing and just want to make sure we are on the same page here.
If trippleyelo is talking about MiDiabl0 (Josh), then the tune wasn't the problem. Spraying a dry shot on the motor without being tuned for it (iirc) is what the problem was. Nothing would last under those conditions, even the almighty Coyote.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I think you are just mad that you got proven wrong on what's actually needed to run 11's honestly. 11's are childs play for these cars.
As far as Perfweld his 2nd motor was by choice because of his goals. Otherwise he had a perfectly healthy stock block that went 10's multiple times. There was nothing wrong with it when he pulled it out of his car and did an inspection either. Now for 10's yes I would do bare minimum a built shortblock as well just to be safe as you put it. But we are talking about 11's here and can someone do it on a street tire. The answer is YES someone can and has gone 11's full weight, stock longblock on street tires. Infact Tune+ tuned that car. They played with the traction control on the AP to help get the car off the line.
11'S are childs play for these cars.What are you smoking?LOL
Sponsored