Sponsored

Call for owners: MAP resonated VS Full-Race street

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
New to the forum and so happy to find so many enthusiasts who love their cars and are passionate about mods!

I own a 17 Ecoboost and I love it. I remember first several weeks after I bought it, I kept sitting inside the car after turn the engine off just want to smell the leather. :D

Airaid CAI is my first mod. Then came MBRP Race cat-back with MBRP catted dp (don't want to talk more about the MBRP quality, they do their work, but the welding is definitely not art). The first time I went to pick up my car after the exhaust installation, I could not even sit in the cabin for more than 5 min due to the heavy drone, not to mention acceleration.

The joy of driving is gone, sadly.

Put a lot of time and energy trying to cancel the annoying sound inside the car, first changed dp back to stock, then install a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator in the mid pipe, but still hard to dampen the drone. In desperation, just go back to market and try to find a quiet exhaust, I mean, deep sound withOUT drone.

The lesson I learned is that, it differs a lot between youtube videos and real world sound, and between outside and inside the car. Plus, drone is subjective and highly depend on personal preference. Plus, my pony needs a resonator, or I would say, I myself need a resonator...

I'm looking into MAP resonated VS Full-Race street (YEAH resonated for sure this time). I will have a turbo back, a catted dp + catback, to make a full 3'' system. What I hope is, the whole exhaust will not sound too crazy even with a 3'' catted dp. Definitely louder and deeper, but not too crazy, most of the important, minimum drone or no drone at all. (The only brand which guarantee zero drone is Corsa, but I don't like their tone.)

So I'd like to ask the owners of MAP/Full-Race, if you guys could please post some feedback here. Let me make things more clear:

1) How do you like the sound?
2) Does your system give any drone before/after 3'' dp?
3) Other feedback you want to share? Pictures and videos would be highly appreciated (it's hard to find sound clips on youtube, at least much less than MBRP's sound clips)

Of course, any feedback/comment/experience/lesson is appreciated here! And wish all the pony owners who are trying to find a enjoyable exhaust system (just like myself) can finally find their love.

Thanks!
Sponsored

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
I had a MBRP race catback then later added a catless down pipe. I liked how loud it was but there was drone, lots of it. Once I added the downpipe the drone got worse. I disconnected the microphone in the cabin and that helped but it was still there.

I switched to the Borla S type, I kept my downpipe. Drone was completely gone. I didn't realize how much the MBRP droned until I went with Borla. It wasn't quite loud enough for me so I switched to the Borla Atak, still no drone. Quiet cabin until WOT.

I would recommend the S Type, not too loud and there was zero drone

OP
OP
desperatev00

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
I had a MBRP race catback then later added a catless down pipe. I liked how loud it was but there was drone, lots of it. Once I added the downpipe the drone got worse. I disconnected the microphone in the cabin and that helped but it was still there.

I switched to the Borla S type, I kept my downpipe. Drone was completely gone. I didn't realize how much the MBRP droned until I went with Borla. It wasn't quite loud enough for me so I switched to the Borla Atak, still no drone. Quiet cabin until WOT.

I would recommend the S Type, not too loud and there was zero drone
Thank you for the feedback. Have you sold your MBRP Race?

Yes I would image if I change back to stock exhaust I will feel like I'm deaf since the cabin will be too quiet. Have no idea why MBRP can be so drony, maybe that's the reason why it's cheap

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
Thank you for the feedback. Have you sold your MBRP Race?

Yes I would image if I change back to stock exhaust I will feel like I'm deaf since the cabin will be too quiet. Have no idea why MBRP can be so drony, maybe that's the reason why it's cheap
Yes, I sold it about two months back.

It took about while to get use to the no drone once I switched away from the MBRP.

OP
OP
desperatev00

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, I sold it about two months back.

It took about while to get use to the no drone once I switched away from the MBRP.
May I ask where did you post your exhaust for sell? I will sell mine once I decide to go with MAP or Full-Race.

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
May I ask where did you post your exhaust for sell? I will sell mine once I decide to go with MAP or Full-Race.
My brother posted in the Ecoboost Facebook page. It sold within the week. I'll look up what was the listed price and how much I sold it for. I'll send you a PM
Sponsored