Sponsored

New Guy...

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
That IC looks sexy! Do you recommend any piping be changed out or does it just hook up to the stock assembly?
I used the stock pipes. I also did it myself at home. If you need a garage I gone to the place below to install suspension parts and he has just about everything for $25 an hour.

https://www.garageyourself.com/

I’ll be eyeing this thread for a good trusting mechanic.

You AC evaporator may go out a couple times in our weather BTW.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue EB 200A + Nav
I've had my EB for over 2 years now heavily modified and here are my suggestions based on my experiences.
Is Warranty important to you?

If yes then I would get the Ford Racing tune (Comes with a GT350 Style intake) and a stock mount inter-cooler (I Used to have the MAP Street and can recommend it)That leaves the shutters intact, most dealerships will not give you a hassle over that if they even notice. A good Catback will free up a bit more power and noise also without generally being a problem for warranty, (Check with your dealer some will even install the ford performance exhaust.) I swear by catch cans and have one installed in every car I own (I won't debate it here) and that's it! Anything more and you risk having a fight on your hands for warranty if something goes wrong.

No Warranty=No problem?
I threw my warranty out the window on day one and you can see my mods in my sig.
CAI, gets you NOTHING but noise on the stock turbo, the stock airbox has been proven to make more power, the Airaid tube is only worth it if you plan on going big turbo later, the stock tube is perfectly sized for the stock turbo, save your money unless you like the noise.

Removing the Crap shutters will help keep underhood temps down and a medium sized IC (MAP Race, ATM...etc are probably your best bets on the stock turbo.) The Huge ones like levels are really meant for bigger turbos but if that's your goal, then you can live with the extra lag and slight loss of torque until you have the time and money to upgrade the turbine.

I highly prefer the Cobb AP and use Tune+ But really any of the tuners on here are good and will determine your tuning device. (or the other way around).

Down pipes will free up top end by allowing the small stock turbo more flow before it chokes up top. Stay catted if you can. if you need to pass smog, it is much easier to just leave that stock.
Finally, this engine just feels so much better and happier with a balance shaft delete. It's a PITA to do but worth it.
Lastly I have a big turbo (VS2+)which means that my peak power is still limited by the block and fuel system, (~400WHP)but it does not begin to nosedive at 5500 rpm, it just pulls hard to red line.
Remember, this route you will almost certainly be denied warranty coverage for the power-train (I already have the money put away for a built engine) But the engine can live a long happy life with good oil, fuel and tuner

My Advice is to go follow the warranty safe path and enjoy the car for 3 years 36k miles safe in the knowledge that ford will cover you if anything goes wrong. Most engine failures are sub 20K miles. Then go all out once the warranty is covered and you know you have a good motor in the car.

Thanks! I'm looking into the Ford Performance tune.....do I have to take this to a Ford dealer for them to flash the ECU? Is it something I can do by myself? Also does anyone know where to get just the calibration software? I already got a really good deal on an intake so I don't need the intake in this kit...https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thanks! I'm looking into the Ford Performance tune.....do I have to take this to a Ford dealer for them to flash the ECU? Is it something I can do by myself? Also does anyone know where to get just the calibration software? I already got a really good deal on an intake so I don't need the intake in this kit...https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ith-calibration-ecoboost-2015-2017/p/M9603M4/

The intake comes with the kit, u cant get it separate as its is supposed to be installed with the tune. U can run another intake if you want. The FP intake is open box, so the tune is optimized for that style intake. I put my mishimoto intake back on which is closed box and I did notice less throttle response. I took the lid off and the response came back. So id recommend a different open box style intake if u want a different one.
U can take it to any ford dealer or ASE shop to have it installed and email Ford performance the required info to register the warranty.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
There’s a thread hear about the ford performance pro cal tune. Look in there for the place to purchase it and get the best price and the most information on it.

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a thread hear about the ford performance pro cal tune. Look in there for the place to purchase it and get the best price and the most information on it.
I see the information for the Pro Cal Tune with the filter but can the tune be purchased separately? I can't seen to find that information anywhere. And is this as easy as hooking up a laptop to the port in our car and downloading the software ourselves?

Thanks

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I see the information for the Pro Cal Tune with the filter but can the tune be purchased separately? I can't seen to find that information anywhere. And is this as easy as hooking up a laptop to the port in our car and downloading the software ourselves?

Thanks
No the tune cant be purchased separately, the tune is tuned with that intake, so of course FP would only sell it together.

And yes, as easy as that. But a shop has to do that and install the intake in order to obtain the warranty as u need a receipt from the shop to send to Ford performance.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Hey all...I've spent a good 10 hours looking through all sorts of good information and I appreciate all of you! I live in Miami FL near Florida International University.

I'm new to Mustangs and I traded in a 2013 2.0T Audi A4 towards my 2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Mustang about a month ago. I'm very proud as I got an amazing deal and this is my first new car. I don't quite have 1k miles on Misty and I'm already itching to make the car better than she is!

I have plans to upgrade the following:

Grille (honeycomb just doesn't seem right to me)

Intake - leaning towards http://www.roushperformance.com/par...-EcoBoost-I4-Power-Pack-Level-1-w-Dongle.html

Intercooler - clueless as to what has been tried and tested

Exhaust- muffler delete with 3-4" tips to fill the gap (for now)

I may eventually plastidip the wheels black or swap them for the glossy black 19" GT wheels

As for the Roush Power Pac Level 1 (link above) I just noticed today that they new include the dongle so you can flash your own ECU and I was wondering what everyone thought on this...in the video it seems you can do this with a laptop and 10 minutes of time.

Additionally, does anyone know of a good muffler shop in Miami and a general performance shop in South Florida? I've seen the Steeda shop recommended on other forums. I'm also looking to meet up with some of ya if anyone is in South Florida to learn more about these cars. I've noticed there is a Florida section in the forums :)

Nice to e-meet you all and I look forward to learning more from you!

Sincerely,
Michael
:ford:
Did you buy from Lorenzo Ford in Homestead?

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy from Lorenzo Ford in Homestead?
Yes....I ended up getting the car for $25,850+tax. The whole experience was AWFUL but I got an amazing deal on the car so I was willing to put up with them not paying my Audi off for an entire month which almost caused issues with my credit. The car is the premium edition and has the Navigation option and 200A package. MSRP was close to $34,000. Horrible experience but I beat them up on the price so I put up with the lack of service.

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up buying the Mishimoto IC (love it in black) and the Ford Performance Pro Cal tune with the intake. All I need now is a reputable authorized shop to set this up for me to retain some warranty as I haven't even hit 1,000 miles on her yet.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
The FP intake is open box, so the tune is optimized for that style intake. I put my mishimoto intake back on which is closed box and I did notice less throttle response.
The FP intake is closed box as well, it just uses the hood as the top of the box instead of a dedicated part like the Mishimoto intake. Take a look at the soft rubber around the top of the plastic assembly surrounding air filter on the FP intake system. Those rubber parts form a seal against the hood when it's closed.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
The FP intake is closed box as well, it just uses the hood as the top of the box instead of a dedicated part like the Mishimoto intake. Take a look at the soft rubber around the top of the plastic assembly surrounding air filter on the FP intake system. Those rubber parts form a seal against the hood when it's closed.

Okay good catch my mistake. Sort of a weird concept I guess. Still, taking the top off of my mishimoto increased throttle response with the FP tune. Haha must be the design.

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called MAK in Hialeah and they will install the Pro Cal Tune for $45 dollars so you can get the receipt to send to Ford Performance to maintain your warranty. They are 8-5 M-F. Sucks I don't have a day off until the 24th so I'll have to get the tune done then. Put the CAI on this morning and the engine and turbo spooling sounds so much better! Mishimoto IC and MBRP Race Catback are going on this weekend. Also going to plastidip the front and rear pony emblems :)

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I called MAK in Hialeah and they will install the Pro Cal Tune for $45 dollars so you can get the receipt to send to Ford Performance to maintain your warranty. They are 8-5 M-F. Sucks I don't have a day off until the 24th so I'll have to get the tune done then. Put the CAI on this morning and the engine and turbo spooling sounds so much better! Mishimoto IC and MBRP Race Catback are going on this weekend. Also going to plastidip the front and rear pony emblems :)
FP needs an invoice that a shop installed the CAI as well, not just the tune

OP
OP

Miami EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FP needs an invoice that a shop installed the CAI as well, not just the tune
Are you 100 percent positive on this? It seems like they would never in a million years be able to void my warranty with the GT350 CAI on there....this seems nitpicky to me. They would have to find a way to blame whatever went wrong in the engine to be fully related to having that CAI installed. This doesn't make sense to me.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Are you 100 percent positive on this? It seems like they would never in a million years be able to void my warranty with the GT350 CAI on there....this seems nitpicky to me. They would have to find a way to blame whatever went wrong in the engine to be fully related to having that CAI installed. This doesn't make sense to me.
Its to cover their butts in case the CAI was installed incorrectly, leading to a failure. The warranty states the entire part needs to be installed by a ASE/Ford shop. As hard as it is to mess up a CAI install, its just precautionary to them. They are nice enough to include a warranty with the tune, the least we can do is follow the rules. Perhaps if you already have the CAI installed, when you go get the tune installed, have the shop check off the CAI as well and document it. Some members on here claimed that has worked in registering for the warranty.
Sponsored