MARYLAND SPEED - BUYER BEWARE!!!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
To say I am disgusted in this company is an understatement.

On July 3rd I placed an order for a set of Kooks headers and a Corsa Catback.

I was told approx 2 weeks for the Corsa to ship, and 3-4 weeks for the headers. I had requested 3" connections on the Kooks headers, which was classed as a special order which is why it would take 3-4 weeks, which I understood.

AFTER 8 WEEKS , STILL NEITHER OF MY ITEMS SHIPPED! I had sent messages to them on a weekly basis to ask when the items were shipping and told 'in the next few days' ... this happened week after week with no product shipping.

So, I called my bank and had a dispute case opened to file a reverse charge. I also formally requested a full refund from Maryland Speed, who responded by saying 'If you close the dispute case, we will issue a refund'. That would have been foolish of me to do, because once I close the case, it cannot be re-opened and would be relying on them to make good on that refund promise.

After several aggressive messages to Maryland Speed, my Kooks headers shipped on 9th Sept....keep in mind these were ordered July 3rd! :mad:

To add icing on the cake, my 'special order' 3" connect headers were not special order at all, I recieved the generic off-the-shelf 2.25" OEM connect!

As things stand my dispute case is still being fought, and I have half of my order not yet shipped.

MARYLAND SPEED WHERE IS MY CORSA CATBACK???

@marylandspeed my order #101237.

Buy with extreme caution from this vendor, my experience on my $2k+ order has been a complete disaster :mad:

Sponsored

Last edited:

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Can’t speak from personal experience because I’ve never purchased from them but that’s because I’ve read stories such as yours. They don’t carry inventory so most orders are drop shipped from the manufacturer so you get it when you get it. Sorry to hear of your problems. Good luck.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Can’t speak from personal experience because I’ve never purchased from them but that’s because I’ve read stories such as yours. They don’t carry inventory so most orders are drop shipped from the manufacturer so you get it when you get it. Sorry to hear of your problems. Good luck.
Completely blows me away that they would treat customers like this.

They are a forum sponsor, so you would expect that they would take care of the members who purchase from them and support their business.

I hope my feedback steers others away.

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
i placed an order over labor day weekend and still haven't got shipment information from mine either. thinking about just cancelling and ordering elsewhere now.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
i placed an order over labor day weekend and still haven't got shipment information from mine either. thinking about just cancelling and ordering elsewhere now.
That would be the prudent thing to do. 3 weeks and no shipping info. Shame on those clowns!:tsk:

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I used these guys alot years ago to buy stuff for my GTO and was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly things went.

After getting the Mustang, I figured I'd continue using them for parts but was in for a rude awakening when I had a similar experience as yours. It seems (and this is in no way an excuse for them) that they don't usually carry Mustang stuff as they are more of a GM/Mopar shop, so their Mustang parts are usually special orders and take a long time.

Needless to say I cancelled my order and went with a tried and true Mustang vendor, not some GM place that "carries" Mustang stuff.

Also for anyone else reading this and considering them, don't expect nice communication with them especially the owner Braden. He gets pretty upset when you order stuff and then request to cancel after still not receiving your parts months later.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Today I received tracking on the Corsa catback... Its been a LONG wait - 3 months since I placed my order!

With that being said, this should not be the way vendors on this forum do business. After I had reached the 8 week point, they should have extended me the option of refunding my order in full, rather than play hard ball and drag this out.

The excuse of 'special orders can't be cancelled' is complete BS, because I didn't get my special order item at all...I got a generic off the shelf OEM connect, not the 3" connect that I had ordered.

At this point I'm just thankful I have something to show for my $2000 order, given how long this whole ordeal has taken.

They have also chosen to go silent and not respond to my email when I informed them the headers I received did not have the 3" connect that I had ordered. I can only hope the Corsa catback is correct, since I specified black tips...

ALL
my communication was done to them via email, so I have everything printed out in writing. All of the broken promises of my items shipping week after week, and my continued efforts to get my ordered parts, so there is no doubt as to how this went down, just incase they decide to respond to this thread. I can provide evidence to support everything, so no excuses!

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
wow..i was looking to get kooks from them, their prices weren't good, and got them from beefcake and 2 day shipping. hopefully your corsa is correct, if they charged you for the 3 inch connection pipes, you are def entitled to a refund. vendors like this should be removed

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Update Oct 3rd

Received the below communication via email:

"The exhaust shipped. I am working to get the mid pipe issue fixed asap. I ordered it right.
Branden F. "

So, let's see if they do get this fixed. Would be grateful if I could get the correct parts I ordered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Update Oct 6th

Corsa catback arrived today! So that's 95 days since I placed my order! :headbonk:

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just called for the status of my order today and it's STILL waiting on a restocking order that will "be here this week". I've been told that for the past 3 weeks. And they refuse to cancel my order because I got a $10 discount from the Labor Day sale.

Needless to say, Maryland speed is an absolute shit company. Stay very far away from these scam artists.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I didn't have near the issues that you did but I got called out for being an impatient millennial. Glad that didn't happen here. I was told my Corsa Exhaust would take 5-10 days to ship....took 20-21 business days or something like that.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Back in the day I ordered headers for my C5Z06 from them. Went perfectly smoothly.
July of this year, I went back to them for a Corsa catback for my Mustang...went perfectly smoothly again.
Alright, I like this company. So I went back to them in August for a catback for my Raptor.
Was told two week shipping. Okay, that's fine. Three weeks go by and I call. "We're a small company, had a death in the family. Sorry, you'll have info end of this week." Okay, that's perfectly understandable. I'll wait.
Week goes by, I call back. "End of this week."
Week goes by, I call back. "End of this week."

This goes on until last week. I finally call and basically have to yell at the lady on the phone that I am sick and tired of this run-around, I have been a patient customer but that's done. Give me something by COB today or I'm disputing the transaction with my CC company and filing a complaint with the BBB.
She got back with me at the end of the day, said there had been an issue with their wholesaler and she would have me some info first thing in the morning.
She followed through.
I am happy with my exhaust.

But I will most likely never use this company again. I could have paid $30 more on Amazon and had it in 2 days. I try and give my business to mom-and-pop shops instead of the big guys like Amazon, but this kind of shit is ridiculous. If you can't beat Amazon's price and shipping speeds, at the very least match their customer service...which, by the way, is absolutely outstanding.

Sorry, end of my rant. Just figured I'd pile on my shit to this bitch fest.
Sponsored