Sponsored

Mishimoto terrible customer service

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Bought and installed a Mishimoto coolant tank back in May. The sight tube broke recently. Called Mishimoto because they say they warranty their parts for life. Figured this would be an easy process, but it's been nothing but shitty service from them.

Was hung up on after being on hold forever. Tried their online chat with them, was told to send a copy of my receipt and a pic of the part. Did that and was issued a ticket number. No one would answer me as to when I would receive a replacement. Instead, I was told they're too busy and I would hear from someone after 24 hours. Never heard from them after 24 hours. Used their email reply to ask for an update as they said all communication concerning my part will be handled by email. No reply from them.

Basically these guys are full of shit and don't stand behind their product even after admitting to me in writting that they're aware of the "defective sight tubes". Wtf? I just wanted a replacement. Now I just want a full refund and not use any of their products in my car. Will update soon after calling them directly again. They have made this process a giant pain in the ass.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
That's a shame. They have been posting to hire new customer support and production people. They may be aware that their service needs beefing up.

I met some of them at a recent show and was impressed how intelligent and personable they were. I even ordered parts from them while at the show.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Bought and installed a Mishimoto coolant tank back in May. The sight tube broke recently. Called Mishimoto because they say they warranty their parts for life. Figured this would be an easy process, but it's been nothing but shitty service from them.

Was hung up on after being on hold forever. Tried their online chat with them, was told to send a copy of my receipt and a pic of the part. Did that and was issued a ticket number. No one would answer me as to when I would receive a replacement. Instead, I was told they're too busy and I would here from someone after 24 hours. Never heard from them after 24 hours. Used their email reply to ask for an update as they said all communication concerning my part will be handled by email. No reply from them.

Basically these guys are full of shit and don't stand behind their product even after admitting to me in writting that they're aware of the "defective sight tubes". Wtf? I just wanted a replacement. Now I want to just a full refund and not use any of their products in my car. Will update soon after calling them directly again. They have made this process a giant pain in the ass.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Glad I read this post. I also have their coolant reservoir tank but have not installed it. Since the OP states they are aware of the defect with the site tube, I won't be installing mine.

OP
OP
Evade

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
They are a pain in the ass to deal with. Their whole process is rediculous. Still waiting for them to decide if they will send me a shipping label and give me a refund. They did offer to replace the tank, but I requested a refund because I want to go a different route.

OP
OP
Evade

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Still has not been resolved. Lol. These guys are a joke. Buyer beware. Better hope your parts don't fail if you buy from these idiots. You will be stuck for days on end. I was offered a replacement, but I requested a refund from day one of all this, not a replacement. They've been stalling and giving me the run around ever since.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evade

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
American Muscle stepped up and offered a full refund. Mishimoto sucks and I don't recommend using any of their products. I know I'll never put any of their garbage products in any of my cars again.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Meh... You're one person with one incident (and one side of the story)... Don't take that the wrong way, you're obviously disappointed but shit happens.

I have their induction hose on my GT and based on that I wish I had the funds to pick up more stuff from them. :cheers:

OP
OP
Evade

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Good luck with that
Sponsored