Sponsored

ET street R bias ply vs Hoosier

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Any of you guys run a MT ET Street R radial instead of a bias? I have had awesome luck with them and prefer them on the big end and on the street with the lack of any sway. Personally I think the weight of our cars benefits a little from a radial.

The radial will work fine on a good track. Though I am betting a radial, and that clutch you are running will break the Mt-82 in no time at all.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Picked up a pair of the ET Street R Bias ply's recently. 28x11.5-17's mounted on racestars.

Gave them a handful of good run's at MIR last week and they were dead hooking! Never ran the Hoosier's or any other bias ply/slick type tire for that matter so the only comparison I have is against the MT ET Street S/S's I ran before.

Car is a 2015 Whippled GT M6 with 3.31's. Still on the stock MT82, stock clutch, and stock driveshaft. I do have the DSS 800hp half shafts and full BMR rear suspension. Car put down 680/500 on the dyno. To paranoid about breaking the stock drive-train so I was slipping out the clutch quickly on every launch. I did not try a clutch dump although I am pretty confident the tires would have hooked just fine if I did (will have to wait until I get the Magnum XL in :)).

First launch at around 3,500 slipping the clutch out quickly. Dead hook but bogged a bit. Never launched on a tire this sticky and it was freaking awesome. Scared the shit out of my how hard I got thrown back in the seat and missed 3rd with the adrenaline pumping. Didn't save the slip but think it was a 1.7 60'

Progressivly stepped up the launches and consistently cut 1.5x 60's the rest of the day. My final and best run I launched at just under 5k, slipping the clutch quickly and got my best 1.557 60'. No doubt the tires would have hooked just fine with a harder launch but I am a pansy.

Long story short, I loved these tires!

Are you on the 3.75 pulley? Do you have headers? Whipple tune?

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any of you guys run a MT ET Street R radial instead of a bias? I have had awesome luck with them and prefer them on the big end and on the street with the lack of any sway. Personally I think the weight of our cars benefits a little from a radial.
BTW, you've got some serious cojones for staying in it as hard as you did every run. You got some serious driving skills.

Sponsored

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You in for the 27th? Hopefully it won't be 90 something degrees..
I'd love to go but will be right in the middle of moving so no chance that will happen. Good luck if you're heading down. Making any changes to your setup before heading back out?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
i will be there shooting for a few 9 second passes. My buddy will be back with bias ply tires and skinnies.

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i will be there shooting for a few 9 second passes. My buddy will be back with bias ply tires and skinnies.
Keep me posted on how he does with the new tires! They made a huge difference for me so hopefully does the same for him. Was he running the 3.62 pulley when we went out?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Keep me posted on how he does with the new tires! They made a huge difference for me so hopefully does the same for him. Was he running the 3.62 pulley when we went out?
He had the 3.75 pulley but we swapped it at the track. He will also be going down to 3.31 gears. Let me know if you head down to the track for a T&T and
I will try to join you. I really need to get a fuel system so i can run E-85.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I run the radial and love it! I only have a handful of passes on the car at the track, so I'm still figuring out what the car wants/likes. My very 1st pass was at a no prep race down in southern Ohio, I had the tires at 17lbs. cold and foot-braked the car to 1,600 rpm. That got me my best .60ft so far, a 1.40 .60ft!:headbang:

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Found very good results at very near same psi, 17-18psi cold (20-21psi after a good warmup). 1.400 60', albeit in a 300C SRT8 which is a heavier car.
Sponsored