Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I still can't stand the sound of the 6. However that has been about the only gripe i've had with mine. Sound aside it makes a ton of power and for a truck its size it gets out of its own way. Haven't had mine off road yet, hoping to change that in June
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Lol... maybe that's the problem... it's not a $70k toy to me, but rather something I use on the daily, haul kids and family with and tow with occasionally.
I get that. The Raptor is not a "toy" to you. I stated my opinion of the Raptor and did not mean to imply that the Raptor was a "toy" to others.

When I needed a truck, I needed a work truck. I did not need all the performance and bells and whistles that come with the Raptor. A lot of what the Raptor offers would make a Raptor a "toy" to me. Obviously that is not how many feel. Different strokes:cheers:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I get that. The Raptor is not a "toy" to you. I stated my opinion of the Raptor and did not mean to imply that the Raptor was a "toy" to others.

When I needed a truck, I needed a work truck. I did not need all the performance and bells and whistles that come with the Raptor. A lot of what the Raptor offers would make a Raptor a "toy" to me. Obviously that is not how many feel. Different strokes:cheers:
Honesty I thinking would make a pretty good work truck. It's springs may be a little soft. However it's only more capable than an f150.

I actually have seen a few on major construction sites.

Now if you need a 1ton truck...

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I think mine is parked next to Bossing's in Detroit.... Maybe another week or two?? See ya over at FRF lol....
Still effin waiting for mine! Produced 4/22 and ETA was changed to 6/15-21 (was at 5/15-21). Dang delays... I don't even know the reason why and neither does FP. Ugh. :tsk:

And re: the Raptor's Ecoboost V6 sounds... I have driven a friend's new LB Raptor and in bone stock form I think it's just a bit louder than my stock Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.7L Hemi! My Ram is as quiet as a library... really it is. But I actually like the quiet/subdued manner since I'm not really a fan of loud exhausts on trucks which is why I never modded my Ram. If I want a loud & mean or aggressive V8 sound... then isn't that why we have the almighty God-like exhaust notes emanating from our GT350/GT350R's? :D

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Honesty I thinking would make a pretty good work truck. It's springs may be a little soft. However it's only more capable than an f150.

I actually have seen a few on major construction sites.

Now if you need a 1ton truck...
I talked with a few people in Alaska who said they preferred their Raptors over the F250s they used to have for work trucks.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Fellas, anyone who is interested in a MSRP '18 order, please let me know and I'll direct you to a dealer here. There are 2 available.
Let me know with a PM

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Still effin waiting for mine! Produced 4/22 and ETA was changed to 6/15-21 (was at 5/15-21). Dang delays... I don't even know the reason why and neither does FP. Ugh. :tsk:

And re: the Raptor's Ecoboost V6 sounds... I have driven a friend's new LB Raptor and in bone stock form I think it's just a bit louder than my stock Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.7L Hemi! My Ram is as quiet as a library... really it is. But I actually like the quiet/subdued manner since I'm not really a fan of loud exhausts on trucks which is why I never modded my Ram. If I want a loud & mean or aggressive V8 sound... then isn't that why we have the almighty God-like exhaust notes emanating from our GT350/GT350R's? :D
Sorry about your wait. Did it come in?

Also, feel exactly the same. I cant stand all the wanna be loud exhausts on trucks. For a daily driver where you want to hear the radio....or talk to your passengers. Not needed or wanted!

Last edited:

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not that I am actually considering to buy a Raptor, but hell... I wish I had one everytime my splitter scrapes (which is more often that I'd like).

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not that I am actually considering to buy a Raptor, but hell... I wish I had one everytime my splitter scrapes (which is more often that I'd like).
Yeah, no worries there. Large curbs you can barely feel.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Sorry about your wait. Did it come in?

Also, feel exactly the same. I cant stand all the wanna be loud exhausts on trucks. For a daily driver where you want to hear the radio....or talk to your passengers. Not needed or wanted!
Almost! It left Dearborn via rail yesterday morning... :)

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That looks excellent! I was thinking of mimicking my 350 with lightning blue with red trim a while back but I'll leave it for now.

boss, she don't handle like a porche or 350 bit it does good for a lug!

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
IMG_4480.jpg

Got some hood vinyl and PPF this week and the roof will be getting vinyled out this weekend. Will have more pics with nice finished.
Nice! I may copy this with a white outline

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
$120k just sitting in the driveway. Thats nice. Why not matching colors like other seem to have?
Sponsored