Sponsored

RPI Designs 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Painted Body Color Engine Plenum Cover

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Painted Body Color Engine Plenum Cover

RPI Designs is proud to release our brand new pre-painted engine dress up package. We have been building and painting modern day muscle car parts for over 20 years. We make and paint all of our parts in the USA. No parts made in China or Taiwan, etc. All of our parts carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
Because of the custom nature of this product, please allow additional time for us to paint and ship your order out.
This 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Engine Plenum Cover is OEM Ford and we paint this in house, in Ohio. This part fits all 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost.

There are several paint options for this part, please make are the correct color selections before checking out.

Item # M15-EB01

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5353

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
looks good but....$200 for paint?

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Could I save on some of the cost if i sent my OEM cover in to be painted?

OP
OP

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
looks good but....$200 for paint?
As you know all good things come with a price tag, The price of this part is made up of three things, The cost of the part, The labor to do all the masking for the different color combinations and the cost of the paint. For some $200.00 might be a lot but for those that have tried to paint body parts they would have to go out to buy the material and tools to do it such as an air compressor, paint gun, the paint and thinner, air respirator and to set up a make shift paint booth the $200.00 is just a drop in the bucket. And at the end of your project the results might also might not come out t that great and then you might be thinking to yourself I should of bought this item from RPI Designs. :doh:

OP
OP

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you for asking, we have a golden rule that we can not paint already installed engine components. There have been problems in the past by using used items that will come back to haunt you, so we only use new components for the painting. I also suggest when customizing a car it is great to keep on hand any item you are modifying, this way if you ever sell the car a prespective buyer may not like the change you did and if you have the original part it would not hurt the sale of the car. ;)

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Something as simple as a drop of oil touching the cover when you last checked it would require substantial prep time to accommodate for. Doing what you suggest would add substantial time and therefore cost to the part.

I have a new appreciation for the amount of work that goes into something like this since learning some bodywork and paint in the last few years. This is labor intensive, not to mention the supporting tools required and the arguably insane prices paint related chemicals are going for these days.

WildBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Ordered mine this morning, L\looks really good !!

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Nice! Anyone have pictures of one of these installed? We're getting an EB at the end of the year so will definitely be looking at this as part of the mod'/upgrade path.

Sponsored

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Looks good. So, is the firs pic of a ruby red cover or racing red? I can't tell for sure. I have a black EB and I like the looks of that first setup for my car. Thanks.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
It's Race Red. I'm diggin' the DIB.

OP
OP

RPIDON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks good. So, is the firs pic of a ruby red cover or racing red? I can't tell for sure. I have a black EB and I like the looks of that first setup for my car. Thanks.

Egoboost is correct, it is Race Red, Thanks, Don

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
$200 actually isn't too bad.. considering those damn weathertec floor mats are almost $200 Lol.

I have a question tho, what is that smooth finish ($75) option? what's the difference? I would expect the gloss paint to be smooth? do you have any sample pics of the smoothie?
Sponsored