Canadians get block heater and different lower grill

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I noticed last night while I was oogling my mustang that it has the same lower grill as cars that come with ACC. mine didn't come with ACC so I was scratching my head then i realized all Canadian and upper states Cars come with a block heater. The lower grill has the plug for the Heater thus the different grill. We got it for free as there was no charge. The plug is in your glove box.
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
It's only included for the 2.3 EcoBoost engine. V6/8 have to pay $150. Enjoy your Christmas present. :D

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It's only included for the 2.3 EcoBoost engine. V6/8 have to pay $150. Enjoy your Christmas present. :D

If I had to pay I would have rejected it. I have a block heater on my winter car but I've never used it. They say to use it when the temp dips below 15 degrees Celsius.

Best Xmas present ever. But i can't open it until April/ may [emoji36]

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I talked to a Ford of Canada executive and asked him why there are sometimes little differences between US and Canadian Mustangs like block heaters. He told me Ford of Canada is a customer of Ford US so they can ask for small changes--for instance 2001 Mustang Bullitts came with convertible sun shades with lights from convertibles but US ones didn't and every CDN Bullitt had the Mach 460. I kinda scoffed we don't need block heaters in southern Ontario and he laughed and said Canada's a big country and it gets a hell of a lot colder north of here and most Mustangs sold are daily drivers, not show cars.
I can only surmiss thats why Mustangs cost more up here--Ford of Canada up charges what they pay Ford US

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
there's a plug in my glove box? I'm going to have to check this out (not that I'll use it).

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I have nothing in my glove box!? Now I am checking that out...

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have nothing in my glove box!? Now I am checking that out...
Check your trunk, your car should have come with a plug for the block heater, if it is missing contact your dealer.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
show us a picture. Doesn't make sense to keep either your window or trunk open to plug it in.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
show us a picture. Doesn't make sense to keep either your window or trunk open to plug it in.

You misunderstood me. In your glove box the dealer Propably put a thick black wire that looks like something you plug your computer to. You use that wire and plug it into the wire coming out of your lower grill and then into an outlet. This warms up your engine using the block heater. If your still confused I'll post pics when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
still debating with myself to get one or not, depends if I do any winter trips into the Interior.

You only need a block heater if you leaving your car outside overnight and the temp dips below -15 degrees Celsius. Where are you located? It comes free in all Canadian mustangs

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
cb59d0149ebbb28648e9748cb19b9499.jpg

For those still confused. A bag with this plug should be left in your glove box after your dealers PDI. This plug will plug into your lower grill plug which then you can plug into an electrical outlet to enable the block heater

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
My cable is plugged in already. BTW: No! Only EcoBoost engines getting it free. V6/8 have to pay $150 for the block heater. Order code 41H for V8/6.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
My cable is plugged in already. BTW: No! Only EcoBoost engines getting it free. V6/8 have to pay $150 for the block heater. Order code 41H for V8/6.

They say you only need to use the block heater when the temp dips below -15 C. Otherwise your wasting your electricity

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Block heater

They say you only need to use the block heater when the temp dips below -15 C. Otherwise your wasting your electricity

You guys can believe me, we need block heaters here in Edmonton. BTW: If you use your block heater in the winter, doesn't matter if it is -10 Celcius, you are helping your engine for a good start. The engine oil is already pre-heated and your cabin is heating up faster too. The engine temperature shows on our Mercedes when Junior parked it outside, always around 40 degrees. Another 3 minutes driving and the cabin starts to warm up. That's why you need a block heater in Canada! :cheers:
Sponsored