Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Are any of you guys getting the issue where you get all these rebates and discounts but then they ADD a $900 freight charge?? Even though the freight of $900 is already in the MSRP? Am I wrong here?? seems like he wants to charge me twice for freight

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You are correct. They are trying to work in a double dip freight charge. If you're really lucky, you may get a hat trick of freight charges. Yes, it happened to my girlfriend a few years back. While I was out of town that week, she SIGNED a deal that included freight charges in 3 different places on her contract. She is not allowed to play with big money any more. I tore up that deal for her. And we got married. Happily ever.............

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct. They are trying to work in a double dip freight charge. If you're really lucky, you may get a hat trick of freight charges. Yes, it happened to my girlfriend a few years back. While I was out of town that week, she SIGNED a deal that included freight charges in 3 different places on her contract. She is not allowed to play with big money any more. I tore up that deal for her. And we got married. Happily ever.............

And this is what pisses me off. Salesman seems to be a cool guy but INSISTS he cannot take it off " we cant remove freight charge". BUT it is already in the MSRP.I will pay for freight but not twice!

S550VERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT vert
It's not double dipping the freight is removed for the online advertised price. Then add to the price when you go to the dealership. I work at a top 100 dealer I assure you it's not double dipping. Most dealers are taking losses on new cars and the only profits are coming from new trucks and used cars and trucks. However service departments are all profit as well as body shops "fixed operations"

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not double dipping the freight is removed for the online advertised price. Then add to the price when you go to the dealership. I work at a top 100 dealer I assure you it's not double dipping. Most dealers are taking losses on new cars and the only profits are coming from new trucks and used cars and trucks. However service departments are all profit as well as body shops "fixed operations"

Explain to me then, I want to learn because I NEVER experienced this with all the cars I bought in the past (new)

$35000 MSRP (which INCLUDES freight, it is posted right on the window sticker $900)
minus $3500 lets say in rebates etc etc
total $31500
PLUS $900 in freight
PLUS $600 in doc fee's

So in reality you do not get a $3500 discount, you got a $2600 discount.

S550VERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT vert
I'm assuming the discount is including the rebate and it appears they are not giving much of a discount and they are adding freight to try and make a profit. Check out our prices on Mustangs Www.sheehy.com all of our prices include rebates and freight is taken out of the price for example if the price of MSRP 33500 and the Easy price is 27000 the only thing added into the price is freight so your price would be $27995 or whatever freight is.

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I wish I could find a Dealer close to me that had prices like yours. So far no one here will come off of MSRP much. Most I've been quoted so far is 2k discount.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I wish I could find a Dealer close to me that had prices like yours. So far no one here will come off of MSRP much. Most I've been quoted so far is 2k discount.
. I got mine out of Seattle for $7k off MSRP. Use the ford.com dealer search function. That's how I bought mine.

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
I just got my first Mustang. I love it...17 GT Man. W/ PP, Enhanced Security pkg and Backup sensors. Sticker was $36,730. I got the car for $34,986 plus $2,750. Rebates (including the SEMA rebate I found here) ...$32,236 before taxes. I think I did o.k.

Sponsored

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great deal on a 17 congrats! What color is it?

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
The car is Black. I liked Magnetic equally and would have been a tough choice if available. I wasn't sure if I would like the black wheels, but they look great in person. If my deal was good, yours was excellent.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours is a 17 ....You got a great deal. Mine is an auto am I'm amazed how easy it breaks the tires loose when downshifting. It's so much fun. The overall quality is so much improved over my base 06 GT.

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The day after Christmas I bought a new 2016 Ecoboost Premium with the performance pack and NAV. It is Black with black leather. MSRP was $33,725 and I bought it for $24,598 + tax and dealer fee of $250. It had been on the dealer's lot since May.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
The day after Christmas I bought a new 2016 Ecoboost Premium with the performance pack and NAV. It is Black with black leather. MSRP was $33,725 and I bought it for $24,598 + tax and dealer fee of $250. It had been on the dealer's lot since May.
Which dealer is it?
Sponsored