WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

Nietzski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
17 GT MT
Can I get someones opinion on right under $33k OTD for a base 2017 GT in California. Seems high with 2018s around the corner.
Sponsored

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Nope. Florida allows me to register the car remotely, and pay ZERO sales tax as long as I do not drive it in Florida for six months. This isn't my first time doing this.
My inital registration fee is also waived.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/military/titles-registrations-military-members/

Also, Florida has no inspection and no front license plate. LOVE Florida!

~marco

ONLY for military regarding registering an out of state titled vehicle. That was not the case when I was military decades ago_Otherwise,if you want to register a vehicle in Florida with an out of state title,the VIN must be verified in person by a DMV agent.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Looks like the '17 Cali 'Stangs are rather dear...
Even with the current $2,500 cash offer.

http://www.encinitasford.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-b8ee9ee60a0e0ae80954dfccf76b0fe2.htm
As long as I can remember,there has always been a California "premium" for vehicles,whether cars or bikes.
I bought my 1st '17 Mustang in late June and the incentive for military,either veteran or active,was $1k. I traded it 2 weeks ago and it was only $500. I think it may be $1k again in November because of Veterans Day.

Skeester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
I just took delivery of a manual 2017 EB premium with PP for $28235 OTD. $33090 sticker, x plan, $5000 in rebates, .06% tax

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is there a $750 private cash coupon available for the 2018s? I recall it was available this time of the year when I ordered my 2015 three years ago. I remember that it was a bit of a lottery play by requesting brochures in the mail.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a $750 private cash coupon available for the 2018s? I recall it was available this time of the year when I ordered my 2015 three years ago. I remember that it was a bit of a lottery play by requesting brochures in the mail.
No there is only a $500 cash back on the Ford website.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
No there is only a $500 cash back on the Ford website.
There's also a $500 student/new graduate thing, if you're a student or graduated in the past 3 years, you're eligible.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Iā€™m looking at a new ā€˜17 GT premium, ruby red, performance pack, nav and reverse sensing. Best I can find is 37600 otd. Is there anyone that feels like thatā€™s to high? Iā€™m in KY so our sales tax is 6%. I feel like I should be able to find that car for 35-36 otd. Am I being unreasonable?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Iā€™m looking at a new ā€˜17 GT premium, ruby red, performance pack, nav and reverse sensing. Best I can find is 37600 otd. Is there anyone that feels like thatā€™s to high? Iā€™m in KY so our sales tax is 6%. I feel like I should be able to find that car for 35-36 otd. Am I being unreasonable?
Well, if you tried and failed to find anything close, then maybe.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
OTD comparisons are worthless. Every State has a different sales tax rate (some none)--heck even within a State the tax rate can substantially change between counties. States have different vehicle fees or equity trade-in policies (some pretax and some post tax). Even similiar cars will often have some differences in options that can easily add another $1000 in pricing etc.

What is the MSRP of the car (and yes that includes shipping as it is on the MSRP sheet) and what are you paying for the car (before taxes, rebates--guess what, not all regions have the same incentives and different folks qualify for different incentives) is the only number that matters. You gave us not indication of the MSRP of the car nor what your price (before taxes, incentives, trade etc will be).

Lastly-- NEVER tell anyone what you paid. This, like all forums, is full of liars who will tell you they know a guy who dated their sister and first cousin (same person-most of these folks are from Arkansas) who met a guy at Dairy Queen on the 6th Tuesday of the month car show who paid $3,000 less then you did.

Find the deal you like, buy it, talk about the car and not the deal.

Last edited:

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
OTD comparisons are worthless. Every State has a different sales tax rate (some none)--heck even within a State the tax rate can substantially change between counties. States have different vehicle fees or equity trade-in policies (some pretax and some post tax). Even similiar cars will often have some differences in options that can easily add another $1000 in pricing etc.

What is the MSRP of the car (and yes that includes shipping as it is on the MSRP sheet) and what are you paying for the car (before taxes, rebates--guess what, not all regions have the same incentives and different folks qualify for different incentives) is the only number that matters. You gave us not indication of the MSRP of the car nor what your price (before taxes, incentives, trade etc will be).

Lastly-- NEVER tell anyone what you paid. This, like all forums, is full of liars who will tell you they know a guy who dated their sister and first cousin (same person-most of these folks are from Arkansas) who met a guy at Dairy Queen on the 6th Tuesday of the month car show who paid $3,000 less then you did.

Find the deal you like, buy it, talk about he car and not the deal.
Yeah I think your pretty spot on with that last part. I'm an "honest to a fault" person and I tend make the mistake of believing others are as well, which is hardly ever the case after a little research is done lol.

MSRP on the car is $42,575. We agreed to $8k off of msrp and with my state/county ttl the price should have come to around $36,600. but they somehow came up with $38k otd. I just don't feel like thats a good deal with '18s on dealer lots now. I dunno, maybe I'm cheap lol