GoFastBits DV+ BPV Upgrade impressions

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Yeah with that new exhaust I'm sure you can't hear anything! ;)

Where did you get it from, right from GFB?

Basically this is modifying the stock BPV so it should sound the same. It's just replacing the guts with much higher quality components. It's too bad you can't hear it, It would be nice to know if it gets rid of that constant bleed the stock BPV does. I've always wondered if that was just the cheap plastic in the BPV.
I bought it from TUNE+ here https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/gofastbits-dv-bpv-upgrade-for-2014-fiesta-2015-ecoboost-mustang Price was right, and I trust Adam (TUNE+). He's posted a lot of great and useful info in these forums, and received a lot of kudos for his help and his tunes.

I was having a problem that, when WOT, as the revs climbed, I would get a few small hiccups, kind of like when you get a little bad gas, but I only use top-tier gas in my car. I thought it might be plastic stock BPV, and this seemed like a fairly inexpensive way to test my theory, besides the fact that it just seemed like a more solid and reliable BPV, that is still controlled by the ECU (I didn't want a BOV). I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly, but in the WOT testing I've done so far, the hiccups are gone.

The sound is slightly different from the stock BPv. The stock BPV, when it released, made almost a kind of low whistling sound. The DV+ make more of a chuffing sound when it releases. It ounds like it is releasing more quickly and precisely, but that's all I can tell you.
Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Just ordered mine from Adam today as well!
So, if I want my engine bay to look like yours, I will have to order one as well LOL!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Mine arrived today, first non US part on my stang and I'm proud its Aussie made :) Cheap as chips as well at $143 AUD ~ 110US.

Just need to get some grease and install it next week and I'm done. Will post up my impressions on the manual. I will use the extra spring :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It is a great piece of equipment. Yeah, use the extra spring, it's worth it. Mine is an auto, but the difference is more obvious in a manual, like yours. The installation is very easy.

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have loved this since I have installed it. Improved throttle response at take off and overall it eliminated throttle lag on my stock tune car. I would recommend this modification.
Sponsored