Sponsored

Finding running factory tune between custom tunes to be a better result?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I ran the factory tune for 10,000 miles, then tuned with BAMA for the next 10,000. I had done a revision in between, and at times had jumped between the 93PERF and 93RACE tunes.

I purchased the Steeda email tune, briefly ran the factory tune (like a 10 minute drive) and then loaded the Steeda tune and was extremely happy with it under all circumstances except normal mode in DRIVE which had a soft shift feel under higher throttle. Then a few weeks ago I ended up with a warranty issue so I reloaded the factory tune which I ran for about a week and a half while going back and forth with them etc.

I then retuned it with the Steeda file and that attribute of soft shift in standard drive is gone.

I had done the KAM reset before etc, but it never seemed to do much. But I guess having the car relearn the factory tune for a good while again, then switching to the Steeda resulted in favorable results in any mode.

Anybody else had a better experience going factory tune for a week or so between custom tunes, vs a KAM reset?

By the way, this Steeda tune is unbelievable on all levels. The low end torque is insanely more responsive and it has a very smooth but powerful boost response (the BAMA was always very jerky, and shifted too often). If you own an SCT tuner for $150 for Steeda's email mod, it's amazing and by far the best experience I've had with my EcoBoost yet.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Every time you flash a new cal file, it relearns fuel trims and such. It will feel more punchy (usually) at first.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Every time you flash a new cal file, it relearns fuel trims and such. It will feel more punchy (usually) at first.
The shifts were not, though. At heavier throttle just in regular drive mode (auto) it was noticeably soft.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The shifts were not, though. At heavier throttle just in regular drive mode (auto) it was noticeably soft.
Yes, that will happen too. The trans has to relearn when everything is reset. Did it change?

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that will happen too. The trans has to relearn when everything is reset. Did it change?
Shifts were soft for weeks until I ran the factory tune for a while, then reloaded the Steeda tune and it has been a dream ever since in any mode at any throttle etc.

Sponsored

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I feel the same way,the oem tune is bad ass for low speed torque,tip in power and convertor flash responsivness/boost?,My cobb stage 1 91 padded with octane,feels night and day in the mid range and upper rpm,but not much difference in wot shifting.Its def soggier down stairs and alot of times feels disengaged like a clutch slipping when trying to tip in like you can stock.

My 91 tune+ plus tune feels better then my stage1 tune in the midrange and top end and is worlds better with the wot shift points but still feels much soggier in terms of bottom end tip in and trans responsivness.Ive decided the best tune to run is my stock tune most of the time just for the shear enjoyment of Ford refinement.Ive even gone back to my oem inlet tube,and bought the smaller coupler for my upr dv catch can,My airaide mit pipe made the car feel soggy to on the low end.But im on the fence about that still and need to test.

For shear enjoyment I think all these cars need are a panel filter,quality intercooler core(Which I dont have yet),charge pipes(maybe),and mix some octane.I bought the ts waste gate from adam which I wont install until I implement a better intercooler but Im more excited about the stock tune then anything.So far the hp tunes are something to dink with at the track,I plan on data logging and comparing all the tunes and little bolt on parts ive aquired and allready removed just to verify my but dyno.Bottem line is nothing wrong with the stock tune,its pretty darn fun.

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
95 percent of the time I use my access port and have it in tune 0,(stock tune)Just to be able use the handheld as a monitor for afr and a few other readings while dinking with octane,tough pill to swallow having almost a grand in the hardware and tuning to never really run the tunes.And short of selecting gauges I still dont really know what you can really do with this cobb,Maybe some launch control bs,but for the most part its a file holder,theres a grocery list of crap it monitors but I dont think any of it can be used or altered.In all reality im not that impressed,now that I know how the car behaves the tune would have been the last thing I did. Looking forward to pushrods Turbo and my holley computer.Fox is down but not for long.
Sponsored