Sponsored

Best Supercharger for GT - Price/Performance/Warranty

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I can understand its an intimidating thing when you first hear it but as numerous guys on here who dont work for Roush that have done the installs themselves have even said its not a big deal. And when you consider the issues with the twin screw setup that most are comparing our kit to I think you will see that the little inconvenience of grinding far outweighs the issues you get with the other kit.
Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I can understand its an intimidating thing when you first hear it but as numerous guys on here who dont work for Roush that have done the installs themselves have even said its not a big deal. And when you consider the issues with the twin screw setup that most are comparing our kit to I think you will see that the little inconvenience of grinding far outweighs the issues you get with the other kit.

Oh it's not intimidating at all. I just find it unneeded for the amount the kit is. I feel roush could have used all of their resources to make it an easier and reversible install. Could have easily supplied pre cut parts etc.

I am not aware of the whipple issues other than some of its aftermarket tuning problems. But the same has also been said for the roush as the issue seems to be in the imrc delete.

It's just my opinion, I have a lot of experience rubbing your tvs setups from the past just would have thought you guys would have put in more thought with the s550 kit and used the s197 as a lesson learned. Just constructive feedback.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I understand and dont take it as an insult. We've been using the grinding method since 2011 with no issue. I'm going to post a few points in a previous supercharger thread and tomorrow will be putting the rest in here once I've gotten back into the office.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
And don't take this as an insult. Just because you have been doing something one way for a while does not mean it's the right way. Continuous improvement.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Twin screw issues? Would that be like the things happening behind closed doors that Roush is trying to do? Boy would the aftermarket people love to know that story......

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah you really can't just throw a blanket statement out there without clarification. All you're doing is muddying the waters for us "non-tech" types.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
This is starting to get petty between the Roush/Whipple/Procharger reps.

Nobody will buy your specific kit because you were able to slam the other kits enough.

They are all great kits, they will all sell like hot cakes, and we will all be thoroughly happy with any of these blowers.

Time for you guys to chill with the psuedo-insults about each others kits.

More options for the consumers, the better. Competition among you guys should net greater advancements in the kits.

Am I the only one tired of the shit slinging from these guys?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium

Nobody will buy your specific kit because you were able to slam the other kits enough.

They are all great kits, they will all sell like hot cakes, and we will all be thoroughly happy with any of these blowers.

More options for the consumers, the better. Competition among you guys should net greater advancements in the kits.

Nah, i'm with you. It's becoming very distracting and is rather unprofessional IMO.

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP (race red)

I dunno, it's more or less civil and I'm learning a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno, it's more or less civil and I'm learning a lot!

Agreed. I have learned quite a bit here.

I can tell you with certainty I've never considered a Paxton or the like type SC but I have learned so much about them on this forum that I will definitely consider their setup the next time I SC my car.

I was "this close" to going with Roush this time. Mainly because my dealer limited me to this kit for warranty purposes. The kit was ordered and I was in the holding pattern. Then when I got my hands on the installation directions I changed my mind. For me it came down to the K brace being cut. This just seemed like a unnecessary step to me and that's why I decided to go with my heart and not let the warranty worries stop me from going somewhere other than my dealer and get the kit that "I" liked the most.

To me the Whipple is just brilliant. But that's just my opinion.

I am NOT knocking Roush or any other company. As a matter of fact I have been a huge fan of their cars for years.

I love reading the posts from the different manufacturers and look forward to finding out more about each company. With that said I hope they keep their posts professional.

Jaime

theereverand

Theereverand
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vortech

Beef,
Send me some prices on the Vortech kit in black plus install.

Rev

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I certainly do not want it to appear as a bunch of mud slinging. I think I've posted about four times in here thus far as I was a bit late to finding this forum. Things were probably a bit heated prior to me joining the discussion. I do feel a I've been lumped into that group a little unfairly considering four post in a twenty four page thread. The info I had planned on making available was not to specifically slam another company, thats never the goal as I do believe everybodys product does have its place depending on what one intends to use their vehicle for. I was simply looking to give out some info regarding the supercharger that you would not be able to find anywhere else as we haven't released any of it. There was a long list posted as to why one kit is better than ours and I don't feel in the wrong for wanting to clarify some things regarding that without making personal attacks.

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Roush is a little late to the party and they immediately come in here and start stirring the pot and decide to throw a "twin screw issue" out there. I mean Roush knows all were gonna do is bitch about the less than stellar design and to their defense they have to start knocking Whipple? (KB isn't even in this thread yet) If you're going to join the forums to support your product then maybe you should focus on answering the questions of your potential customers rather then starting pissing matches with your competition.. That's what I find annoying!! :tsk:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

Thank you for the feedback, we certainly don't want to offend any of the consumers. We do respect many of the other competitors, while PC and us have had some back and forth, I continue to state they make a great system that makes great power. Certainly a top notch competitor. Our main goal is to just keep the information accurate and to point out the difference between the systems so customers can make the best decision on what system best fits their needs and desires. Every system has their key selling points.

Again, we appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Last edited: