Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

V6Convrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015V6Convrt 051A 3.55 Magnetic
Wire Harness. Friend was driving behind me and had some bolt cutters to sever the battery cable.

Mustang could have had a problem after the Battery was disconnected for working on the seats, and some thing (or tool) left in the battery compartment after reconnection, shorted one of the leads after rolling around during the drive home.
If I had to make a guess, I would go with your general idea, The battery I believe is hidden on the car but there are three red colored leads going to the fuse box. the negative ground lead is mounted nearby on the shock tower. I wonder if there was a burning plastic smell prior to opening the hood.?? Anyway I'm off to get my 5 lb fire extinguisher, I'm not going to give up on my baby if there is a problem.
Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
You have to get the correct kind. You need one for automotive use.

Halguard is the way to go
http://www.h3rperformance.com/hg250b.htm

No thermal shock to electronics
No mess or damage to vehicle or surfaces
Liquefied gas extinguishes hard-to-reach fires
Does not impair operator's vision
EPA approvedListed and rated 2B:C by Underwriters Laboratories Rechargeable
Made in U.S.A.2-strap mounting bracket 6' - 10' discharge range
High quality steel cylinders
All metal valve construction
Compact, lightweight, easy to use
Five year limited warranty
Thanks, but I know what kind to use!

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Free loan car? They shoud pay off your car and give u new one for free!! I would get a good lawyer and sue these scumbags from ford dealer. Im sure there was some 18 year old kid working on your car who just got promoted from changing oils.

Im glad u OK!
I'm not sure what world you live in but down here in reality land that's not how any of this works :doh: Your comment is ignorant and asinine at best.

OP, I am glad you are ok. After reading through this thread, it seems like both you and Ford have begun taking care of the issue at hand. As I have worked in the insurance biz for a number of years now, there should be no issue with receiving a replacement vehicle. I will be curious to hear the results of the investigation as it unfolds. Best of luck to you!

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
Didn't ford have a recall for the fuel line soon after the release. Wonder if this one (and others) may have been missed for the fix.

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
Didn't ford have a recall for the fuel line soon after the release. Wonder if this one (and others) may have been missed for the fix.

I think that was just for the ecoboost though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

del101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm not sure what world you live in but down here in reality land that's not how any of this works :doh:

I concur.
Source: am lawyer.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
I think that was just for the ecoboost though

I'm new so I have no idea. But I thought it was for a couple new 2015 fords. Not just mustang. I just hope u don't get the shaft for something that isn't your fault.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
I concur as well.

Source: Knows two lawyers on message board.
:lol:

Glad you made it out safely, dude. Hope the investigation doesn't hold-up your new car for too long....

Sponsored

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
Glad you are ok, perhaps upset and shook up a bit but still ok. Cars can be replaced not people. I will watch for answers as to the cause of the problem and also how Ford deals with the trouble caused by the failure. I would think the smart move on Ford's behalf would be to replace the car asap and get yours back to the factory to see what and how to avoid the problem in the future. Good luck to you ,since you have used some of your luck already.