Shaker Audio - SD Card Max. Size

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When my wife had her Focus (last gen) I got a 32GB SanDisk cruzer fit (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive--SDCZ33-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS6QY/) and formated it FAT32 and it worked in the Sync system flawlessly. It did not let you browse by the folder structure of the USB media, but all the MP3 tags were clean and correct and it behaved as expected with respect to albums and artists. It also reads playlist files so if you had a folder of 'drive fast music' you could just create a playlist and use that instead of having all the files in a folder on the card. Does that make sense?

Also, SD cards and all their variants are one of the most counterfeited items, buy from a reputable source and save yourself a lot of potential stress!

Last edited:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the mustang doesn't play any type of video
What???? :eek:

You get a plenty 8" screen just for huge buttons for radio and climate control ???

Unbelievable.

Sound shops diyers have serious job to do....

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Alright, just got a 64gb card. I'm about to format it into Fat32 and check it out

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
keep in mind, if you get the Navigation package you use the SD card slot for that. I use a 32GB small form USB for music. You can even use 2 at the same time (in the 2 different USB slots)
Can the Navigation Package be retrofitted? I inadvertantly didn't order the one with maps and was told by Ford it was considered tampering, not supported by Ford. Has anyone here tried it (swapping the card) or heard of someone that has?
Scott

Sponsored

OP
OP
audioqueso

audioqueso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Anyone without the navi package have the SD/USB slot? Does it still work the same?

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There are a few aftermarket ways to get some level of navigation, but from what I've seen none of them are easy or cheap. I looked over the options prior to ordering and just decided to pay the money now and not have to deal with anything down the line.

The MFT has two USB ports and one SD slot. If you do not have Nav you have access to all three, as the Nav maps are on a SD card that must remain in place to use the system. However, if you wanted to not use the Nav, you could remove the card and use the slot for music.

OP
OP
audioqueso

audioqueso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I don't think I will be able to use the Nav. The car will be in Japan. But Ford is officially selling the Mustang in Japan now.. so I wonder..
I'll ask Japan Ford tomorrow about that tomorrow.

If I CAN use MFT in Japan, I could always use the USB for music. Does it matter??
As Herr Squid mentioned, the USB slot seemed to have work better than the SD slot for music.

Ski3143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP/50th/DIB
What's the largest capacity USB that this thing will recognize? Can I throw a TB drive into the USB port next in the armrest?

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What's the largest capacity USB that this thing will recognize? Can I throw a TB drive into the USB port next in the armrest?
Can't answer your question exactly, but at the time my wife had her focus (sync 1, no MFT) I did use a 320GB external hard drive as that was the largest that could be powered by the USB port at the time.

Sponsored

Ski3143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP/50th/DIB
Good to know. Thanks! I can't imagine I'll need more than about 100, but wanted to check anyways.

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
I had 1TB drive connected in my 2011 Focus. Just had to format it with FAT32 and it was recognized just fine. However it was unusable during driving. Lot of skipping / read error due to vibration. But maybe today's drives have a larger cache or whatever. I just use a 256GB flash now.
Sponsored