Body panel alignment issues

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I don't need a caliper to tell that the gaps on her car are horrible. If that is what Ford calls "acceptable" then I won't be picking my car up when it comes. I would like to believe that if you end up going through arbitration PonyGrrrl you would win.

Thanks, I really was hoping Ford was going to do the right thing but unfortunately I'm getting nowhere with them. I really didn't want to go this route but they've left me no choice. I filled out the online form on the BBB sits and submitted it and I am waiting to hear back.

Have you tried asking them to supply the specs for the body panels? I'm guessing they might say its proprietary information or something. But it sure would be nice to have some concrete evidence that at least by Ford documentation it is (or is not) within what the Ford specs consider to be acceptable.
At this point concrete evidence means nothing to me, I bought a new car and was told that the collision center would fix it which they refused to do. Ford sent an engineer to look at it and came back with only fixing the rear bumper and the rest within tolerance. I didn't buy the car with the expectation of it not being fixed. Like I have said, it's EVERY panel, doors, trunk, hood, rear window, and side rear window. That's just too much to say is an acceptable tolerance. Let the BBB fight with them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks, I really was hoping Ford was going to do the right thing but unfortunately I'm getting nowhere with them. I really didn't want to go this route but they've left me no choice. I filled out the online form on the BBB sits and submitted it and I am waiting to hear back.

At this point concrete evidence means nothing to me, I bought a new car and was told that the collision center would fix it which they refused to do. Ford sent an engineer to look at it and came back with only fixing the rear bumper and the rest within tolerance. I didn't buy the car with the expectation of it not being fixed. Like I have said, it's EVERY panel, doors, trunk, hood, rear window, and side rear window. That's just too much to say is an acceptable tolerance. Let the BBB fight with them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
This indeed sucks. If you lived here I would give you my dealer (and their associated body shops contact) - Bill Pierre Ford Seattle. They honestly have pulled some miracles with my panel alignment. They did miss my gas cap and hood and I called them today - they said they would take care of it next week in a few hours max. Ford was NOT involved, it was the dealer that wanted to make me happy.

All this and they took my car for 1 day and gave me loaner. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather not deal with this stuff on a new car but they have been super nice. Hope you find a solution soon.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
This indeed sucks. If you lived here I would give you my dealer (and their associated body shops contact) - Bill Pierre Ford Seattle. They honestly have pulled some miracles with my panel alignment. They did miss my gas cap and hood and I called them today - they said they would take care of it next week in a few hours max. Ford was NOT involved, it was the dealer that wanted to make me happy.

All this and they took my car for 1 day and gave me loaner. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather not deal with this stuff on a new car but they have been super nice. Hope you find a solution soon.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have been to two dealerships and neither collision center will fix it because Ford won't approve the repairs.

Discovered a new issue starting on the premium trim, in the photo you can see the panel beginning to lift away from the door. This is the passenger door.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425335414.394848.jpg

I also noticed that now the passenger rear window is starting to pull away from the weather stripping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Thanks. Unfortunately I have been to two dealerships and neither collision center will fix it because Ford won't approve the repairs.

Discovered a new issue starting on the premium trim, in the photo you can see the panel beginning to lift away from the door. This is the passenger door.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425335414.394848.jpg

I also noticed that now the passenger rear window is starting to pull away from the weather stripping.

Sent from my iPadold one

Last edited:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
FWIW Ponygrrrl, I feel your pain. My car is now out of the body shop (again) and back in the service shop. When I go to pickup the car (probably Saturday) I am going to go over the like I should have to begin with.

Here is the worst part of all this, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO, this is a new "WORLD CLASS MUSTANG" and they are being slapped together with the level of care I expected Yugo to have in the late 1980's.

Back a few years ago, we bought a Ford Edge and had nothing but problems with the MyFordTouch system. I took video and sent it to (then) CEO Alan Mulally. I held this video in my youtube account as a private video just for his (teams) viewing pleasure.

Here is the video for you all to see, keep in mind, this Edge was a replacement car built to order for the one that had similar problems with the MFT system.

In three weeks, the car was gone and I had a check from Ford.

My rep called me 24 hours after I reported my issues and haven't gotten a call back from him since. I have left two messages and still, nothing.

Crazy thing is if your a Mustang fan, you have no other options. The mere sight of a Camaro or a Challenger brings disgust to your face. We as loyal ford people feel as though we were cast off by the brand we so enthusiastically support. Even in the face of having my $49,885 car sit in the dealers shop I WANT HER BACK.

And according to PonyGrrrl (Do I have enough R's?) they could give two craps less, which as a big company I totally believe her. My rep Mario hasn't called me back since our initial conversation.

I agree with sending an Email to Mark Fields, he won't read it, it goes to his "PEOPLE" but it gets them knowing that you mean business. Its moments like this I wished I financed through Ford, I'm holding the bag for all this, they have all their money.

Its total BS that we ( OR ANYONE) should have to go and inspect the car to ensure its put together properly, and how should we feel about the future quality of this vehicle? How will it stand the test of time? I bought my 50th to keep and enjoy. So that one day I can give it to my son for him to enjoy. At this rate it won't last until June.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Here is mine fixed after hitting curb and repainting and fixing quarter panel, Yes the door will be adjusted a little more as it only takes one finger to lightly push in.

'

and yes they had to replace the rear cradle after this pic because it wouldn't align, right rear had too much camper that they couldn't take out.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Here is mine fixed after hitting curb and repainting and fixing quarter panel, Yes the door will be adjusted a little more as it only takes one finger to lightly push in.

'

and yes they had to replace the rear cradle after this pic because it wouldn't align, right rear had too much camper that they couldn't take out.
What was the before damage ?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
FWIW Ponygrrrl, I feel your pain. My car is now out of the body shop (again) and back in the service shop. When I go to pickup the car (probably Saturday) I am going to go over the like I should have to begin with.

Here is the worst part of all this, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO, this is a new "WORLD CLASS MUSTANG" and they are being slapped together with the level of care I expected Yugo to have in the late 1980's.

Back a few years ago, we bought a Ford Edge and had nothing but problems with the MyFordTouch system. I took video and sent it to (then) CEO Alan Mulally. I held this video in my youtube account as a private video just for his (teams) viewing pleasure.

Here is the video for you all to see, keep in mind, this Edge was a replacement car built to order for the one that had similar problems with the MFT system.

In three weeks, the car was gone and I had a check from Ford.

My rep called me 24 hours after I reported my issues and haven't gotten a call back from him since. I have left two messages and still, nothing.

Crazy thing is if your a Mustang fan, you have no other options. The mere sight of a Camaro or a Challenger brings disgust to your face. We as loyal ford people feel as though we were cast off by the brand we so enthusiastically support. Even in the face of having my $49,885 car sit in the dealers shop I WANT HER BACK.

And according to PonyGrrrl (Do I have enough R's?) they could give two craps less, which as a big company I totally believe her. My rep Mario hasn't called me back since our initial conversation.

I agree with sending an Email to Mark Fields, he won't read it, it goes to his "PEOPLE" but it gets them knowing that you mean business. Its moments like this I wished I financed through Ford, I'm holding the bag for all this, they have all their money.

Its total BS that we ( OR ANYONE) should have to go and inspect the car to ensure its put together properly, and how should we feel about the future quality of this vehicle? How will it stand the test of time? I bought my 50th to keep and enjoy. So that one day I can give it to my son for him to enjoy. At this rate it won't last until June.

Mario is also my CSR and he hasn't followed through with getting me the documents on the maintenance contract they gave me for my troubles. He also hasn't returned my call. A maintenance contract is hardly compensation for a $38k they refuse to repair. I'm not sure if e mailing Mark Fields will do me any good as I already submitted a warranty claim to the BBB. I will send one with the photos of my car anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
the Mustang was my Fault in the end regardless of excuses.

this one 4 days old, no comment until later, granted this picture is 3 weeks old today and wow. And Doc want allow me to take the 15 to the track the last weekend of March so the 15 will sit another year if I ever get it back.

and thats weeks later after a col 845 waxing

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

\

and yes this is 12,000 worth of damage
Not sure what happened in the pickup, must be a good story there, not sure what a COL 845 is either.

So that wasn't a plain old curb, that was the Yosemite national curb, just curious, do you think the 12k in damage would have been less in any other car? Granted its a huge "CURB" but I keep going back to "Will this car last" is it well made or designed?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
but I keep going back to "Will this car last" is it well made or designed?
Do you really believe this car won't last? I mean, that is kind of a foolish statement.

I understand the frustrations with some of the folks here and their build quality issues but Ford is not putting out a car that will be junked after 5 years of ownership.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Don't be silly

Do you really believe this car won't last? I mean, that is kind of a foolish statement.

I understand the frustrations with some of the folks here and their build quality issues but Ford is not putting out a car that will be junked after 5 years of ownership.
Yes, I think it will be around in 10-20 years, its not the question that the metal will liquify and puddle up at my feet. Its more a question about parts staying together. Will the interior parts fall apart (Look at this post, there are panels coming apart already). See beyond your nose, by that I mean look further, if the car came out flawless, I would have better thoughts. Its not perfect, nor do I expect perfect. My budget and taste are Mustang, not McLaren or Bugatti, those cars come with a hefty price and at 300,000 to 2.5 million you expect perfection. I however would not expect doors striking fenders, mis aligned parts that cannot be properly aligned or my convertible top caving in, fixed and then suffer the same fate again. It goes to an overall quality of not only build but quality of the sum of all parts. When my rear bumper was adjusted, it look so much better, then after a drive it was coming off. 430 miles on the car, haven't hit the accelerator hard yet. I am a (HOLLY CRAP) middle aged adult. I want to hand this car to my son for him to enjoy and, if possible he give it to his child.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Yes, I think it will be around in 10-20 years, its not the question that the metal will liquify and puddle up at my feet. Its more a question about parts staying together. Will the interior parts fall apart (Look at this post, there are panels coming apart already). See beyond your nose, by that I mean look further, if the car came out flawless, I would have better thoughts. Its not perfect, nor do I expect perfect. My budget and taste are Mustang, not McLaren or Bugatti, those cars come with a hefty price and at 300,000 to 2.5 million you expect perfection. I however would not expect doors striking fenders, mis aligned parts that cannot be properly aligned or my convertible top caving in, fixed and then suffer the same fate again. It goes to an overall quality of not only build but quality of the sum of all parts. When my rear bumper was adjusted, it look so much better, then after a drive it was coming off. 430 miles on the car, haven't hit the accelerator hard yet. I am a (HOLLY CRAP) middle aged adult. I want to hand this car to my son for him to enjoy and, if possible he give it to his child.
1990's Mustang's are still around and going strong. They were built with a lot cheaper materials. Their value is holding up nicely and are a strong market car right now. 25 years later.

I have owned 10+ plus Mustangs since my 1991 LX 5.0. All have been V8's but one. That was a 1985.5 SVO. They all held together nicely durning my ownership which started when I was 19.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
...my convertible top caving in, fixed and then suffer the same fate again....
Jeff,
DO you happen to know what caused the top on yours to fail? My convertible was built 2/27 (I hope). Anything you can point out that you would look at if you had a new (or even your repaired) convertible top to inspect for this problem (or others)?

Tks
PS. when was your convertible built?
Sponsored