Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Project: The Outrider II
Vile's 2015 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium

**Journal Start Date 03/02/2015**

Hello, and welcome to Vile the Bastage of Clan Bastage's "The Outrider II" build journal. Over the next millennium , I will periodically update this journal with the changes/modifications that I have made to my new Chariot of the Gods that Clan Bastage has affectionately dubbed "The Outrider II". Before I move the narrative on to what my planned performance/visual mods might entail, I would like to first focus on my car's namesake, the original "The Outrider".

It is said, that for every man born a chariot is forged to match his eventual level of badassery. On the year of my birth, the Onimusha (Demon Warriors native to Japan), forged a 1983 Datsun 280Z in the fires of Mount Fuji. At the very moment of its creation, the Oni prophesied that the oldest child of Clan Bastage would ride this demonic straight six powered chariot into many late nights of wild drunkenness with his high school friends, and it would also deliver him to numerous booty calls throughout the ages. When Vile the Greater (my father) threw me the keys to "The Outrider", it is said that Chuck Norris stopped roundhouse kicking terrorist just long enough to shed a tear because he knew a father had just passed badassery on to his son. That is what "The Outrider" was all about. 2 doors and six cylinders of rolling rear wheel drive teenage sex and badassery.

I loved that car from the moment I laid eyes on it, and something told me on a primal level that I was about to have a whole lot of fun with it. The same feeling swept over me when I first saw what would become "The Outrider II". It wasn't a car that I anticipated. It wasn't something that I ordered a certain way, like many people do. Hell I was still in the middle of modifying my current car, when I stopped by my local Ford dealership and saw my new Chariot of the Gods. My wife knew there would be no arguing, no discussion, no reasoning, no logic... she merely kissed me on the cheek and said "Go get it."

"The Outrider II" is a return to fun and badassery for me. Unlike my time spent racing and modifying import turbo four bangers, there is absolutely nothing boy-racer about this car. It is unabashedly 'Murican, mixed with a hint of fuck you, and shaken with some tail happy ass swinging...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

**Retroactive Entry 10/17/2014**

Stopped by Ford dealership on my way home from work and was mesmerized by the very first 2015 Mustang GT they received. I couldn't get over it's curves and lines. It's revamped interior had me speechless as well. The test drive was unbelievable, it actually reminded me of my very first car... the ass wanted to step out every time I rolled on the throttle. I forgot how scary and terrifyingly fun it was at the same time.

This car is fully loaded with all features with Nav being the only exception. Why do car manufacturers do this? Nav should be standard with Premium/Limited packages by this point. No big deal, though; I'll figure a Nav solution out down the line. I. Need. This. Car.

**Retroactive Entry 10/24/2014**

Getting so caught up in the impulsiveness of trading in my AWD car for a RWD car I didn't think about winters in the Midwest :doh:. The Pirelli P Zero tires the car came with aren't worth a damn under 45F. I'll need to figure out a wheel and tire combination before the cocaine starts to hit the streets.

**Retroactive Entry 11/03/2014**

Purchased some 18 X 9 Bullitt Motorsport Black wheels on sale at American Muscle with some chrome acorn lug nuts. Tried to mount one of the wheels over one of the front brake calipers and was disappointed. I can only imagine what the Performance Package guys are going through if I can fit 18" wheels over the normal GT brakes. Sent the products back to American Muscle.

**Retroactive Entry 11/14/2014**

Purchased some 18 X 9 Mustang SVE Drift Wheels and lug nuts from Late Model Restoration. These wheels actually fit around the big ass front brake calipers. Now on to find some winter rubber.

**Retroactive Entry 11/15/2014**

Bought some used winter rubber (
Dunlop SP Wintersport M3) from some random on Craigslist. Seller claimed they were only one season old and was used on his BMW 745i. I saw the car, and could tell he never drives it. Threw him $400.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Timeline

Reserved

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Interior & Exterior Mods

**Interior Mods**

• Lund nGuage mounted inside of dashboard (center AC vent removed)
**Exterior Mods**

• Big Worm Graphix Dual Matte Black Racing Stripes
  • Matte Black Plastidip Heat Extractors
  • Matte Black Plastidip OEM Spoiler
  • Sto-N-Sho License Plate Bracket
  • Anchor Room Complete Rear Light Vinyl Tint Kit
  • UPR Matte Black GT Emblem
  • UPR Matte Black Grill Pony Emblem
  • UPR Matte Black 5.0 Emblem
  • 20% Window Tint

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, & Suspension Mods

**Engine Mods**

• Redline Hood Struts
  • Sound Tube Delete
  • Moroso Radiator Expansion Reservoir
  • 2.9L Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
  • 1900 CFM Elliptical Throttle Body
  • Injector Dynamics 1000cc Fuel Injectors
  • Moroso Small Body Air Oil Separator
  • JMS Plug and Play FuelMAX Pump
  • NGK Iridium LTR7IX-11 Spark Plugs
  • Stainless Works Off Road Headers
  • FRPP Sport Catback Exhaust
**Transmission Mods**

• Barton 6MT Short Throw Shifter
**Suspension Mods**

• Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
  • Steeda IRS Subrame Alignment Kit
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
  • Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces
  • Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links
  • Steeda Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System (Urethane)
  • 18" x 9" SVE Wheels on Dunlop SP Wintersport M3 245/50R/18 (Winter Set Up)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Photos

**Purchase Date**

**First Wash**

**Intake and Hood Strut Install / Sound Tube Delete**

**Spoiler Removal & Dip**

**Doing Work: Stripes, Emblems, Heat Extractors, Spoiler**

**The Look I Was After**

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Video

**Baseline Dyno Video**
[ame]

OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
looks great! did you plastidip stripes?
No. Big Worm Graphix dual stripe kit. I have seen plastidipped stripes done well, but I am not that good. Spoilers, wheels, heat extractors...that's the kind of stuff I can plastidip well.
Sponsored