Sponsored

Paint Eco Boost engine cover

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I've seen people paint the coil covers on their GTs. But, haven't seen anyone do anything to the EB. Anybody out there done it? If, so pics would be great. Also, any details (i.e. prep, paint and/or primer type, etc) would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I see that you are in Texas

We have a dealer in Texas that specializes in painted engine bay covers and interior pieces.

Check out their site to see some of the work they've performed: http://www.rivercitycreation.com/

Nick C.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
I've seen people paint the coil covers on their GTs. But, haven't seen anyone do anything to the EB. Anybody out there done it? If, so pics would be great. Also, any details (i.e. prep, paint and/or primer type, etc) would be greatly appreciated.
I have done mine. With the weather being bad lately I haven't worked on it much. I just need to put another coat or 2 of clear coat on it. Prep work consisted of cleaning with alchohol and hot water. Then I gently sanded it with fine grit sand paper. For paint I went to Autozone and got a couple cans of Krylon High Temp paint, primer and orange, I can't remember the exact color, it was a Dodge shade but was really close to comp orange. They had a Orange in Chevy but no way I was gonna put that on my car...LOL. I put a couple coats of primer on, then 3 coats of the orange, and then 2 coats of the clear coat. I want to put at least 1 more coat of clear tho. I think it looks pretty good. I did have a little run on one side, but I will probly sand it down and redo it if I get it on and it's real noticeable. I will post a pic before too long. The only thing I didn't do was the ECOBOOST...just didn't want to mess it up!!!

My plan is to buy one already painted once they start showing up. I believe RPi is working on a few.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I actually think it looks good black. But i also think it would look amazing being painted the same color as the car. Anything else and make it look cheesy..

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Thanks. My car is white. So, I think it could provide a nice contrast. I'm also considering finding a white cai and maybe a few other white items.
Sponsored