Sponsored

Highest N/A rwhp?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I was under the assumption our cam profiles were already pretty aggressive? Perhaps even near max?
Perhaps for lift. I know more duration is available.

I’d like to get the profiles of the 5.2 XS and compare them to ours.

Duration is what will sustain the torque flatness, that and overall flow.

A big lift, low duration is good for truck type engines, and turbos.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Perhaps for lift. I know more duration is available.
I'm under the same impression of that as well. I believe lift is DONE. I think we're at like 14mm or something insane like that but we've got some duration to spare. If cams came in at like $1500 like the Coyote cams, I'd probably scratch my chin and go "Hmm.......".

Now thinking about it, I think with a set of cams at maybe stage 2 and a throttle body and intake, maybe 590 HP is in there somewhere.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm apprehensive about changing the sound in a bad way, also. Not so much the noise restrictions, however. Any dyno numbers?
Sorry no Dyno numbers bro :(

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would agree that the Kooks LT's and the O/R x pipe truly changed some of the sound. I just had mines done and its def louder than it was. Thank goodness I still have the quiet mode. Question? Whats the "tuner x pipe" one you had made ?

I am over 500 RWHP now so I am happy with it. The car is moving out. But truth, if I would do again, I would probably do maybe headers only...the rest is up to snuff IMO.
Kooks has 3 Xpipes.

First i Had the offroad - and it was truly demented. Sounded like I was an Indy car.

I then ordered up the Tuner Catted Xpipe

That dialed the sound in a bit more - but truthfully I still prefer the original sound by Ford.

Sometimes I can't help but mess with my cars - this one didn't need it in the end.

OP
OP
MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If cams came in at like $1500 like the Coyote cams, I'd probably scratch my chin and go "Hmm.......".

Now thinking about it, I think with a set of cams at maybe stage 2 and a throttle body and intake, maybe 590 HP is in there somewhere.
As long as the thing was still driveable I'd be all over this, if it existed... hmm

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As long as the thing was still driveable I'd be all over this, if it existed... hmm
'Yotes are perfectly fine with Comp Stage 3 NSR's as long as you're tuned. They don't lope for shit. TIVCT ftw!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
[MENTION=22031]JN66[/MENTION], So the catted Xpipe does make that much of a difference ? Because yes, the O/R xpipe is NASCAR loud. At WOT it screams at you for sure. I am going to stay with my setup, but its good to know I could go a different way if needed.

I wonder if putting the resonators back in the system would make a difference... ?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm running the above (Tune, exhaust including long tube headers) and I regret the headers due to the change in sound and breaking noise restrictions at local tracks.

If I could do it all again from the start I wouldn't change anything except the MGW shifter, camber plates and the usual oil catchers.

I am too far gone now so I will continue my mod train as I won't ever get back what I put into it...gonna keep this thing for the foreseeable future.
So you wouldn't do a tune at all if you started over. Even with stock exhaust? I was under the impression that a good tuner could help out with a little more torque on the low end.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
[MENTION=22031]JN66[/MENTION], So the catted Xpipe does make that much of a difference ? Because yes, the O/R xpipe is NASCAR loud. At WOT it screams at you for sure. I am going to stay with my setup, but its good to know I could go a different way if needed.

I wonder if putting the resonators back in the system would make a difference... ?
On my '11 GT I ran a catted X pipe from Kooks with headers and no resonators which are some of the denser high flow cats on the market (400 cell vs 200). It was no quieter or louder than other 200 cell high flows or even offroad. At that point, they just might as well not be there. It was INSANELY loud. Didn't help I had Borla ATAKs though. For Comparison's sake, I also had a set of Kooks axle backs vs another car will a full offroad Kooks system...no difference, even to the dB meter.

High flow cats is like yelling through a screen door and saying that screen door is going to dampen your voice intensity. Yeah, okay...lol.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you wouldn't do a tune at all if you started over. Even with stock exhaust? I was under the impression that a good tuner could help out with a little more torque on the low end.
Honestly, no. Probably not. I have a Lund tune and I am not that impressed so far. Gas goes quicker.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JN66 , So the catted Xpipe does make that much of a difference ? Because yes, the O/R xpipe is NASCAR loud. At WOT it screams at you for sure. I am going to stay with my setup, but its good to know I could go a different way if needed.

Yeah, made a big difference.

My R never had resonators so I couldn't tell you Sir!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Lol :) Do cams make a big difference on our cars ? I know Chevy responds to cams in a big way. A gen 5 Z06 (or the model before the current) with a cam, headers, and tune its a hell of a car.

Do adding cams to ours add good power ? Its such a pita to add cams.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Do adding cams to ours add good power ? Its such a pita to add cams.
That isn't a yes/no question. Until someone tests replacement cams on a Voodoo engine it has yet to be seen. One thing for sure is when dealing with cams you are dictating where in the powerband the engine makes power, and not simply how much power the engine is going to make. The Voodoo is a high-RPM engine, changing the cams to be even more aggressive in the upper revs will probably increase peak power at the expensive of low-midrange torque.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Honestly, no. Probably not. I have a Lund tune and I am not that impressed so far. Gas goes quicker.
I'm leaning toward a Lund Tune on my GT350. You say you're not that impressed..? I noticed in earlier post today you said you've NO dyno numbers. So, are actually not feeling a "seat of the pants" butt dyno improvement? Any particular driving issues after tune? Thanks!
Sponsored