Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I don't think there are many questions left, it quite literally looks like it's

- PP
- Admittedly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer wheels
- Magneride

I guess if PP already costs $4,000, those who got PP and magneride should have just waited or wait to get PP2 since magneride is $1,700, you're basically already at the cost of PP2 but with way uglier wheels.
Well, I have the exact package, and it is still about $900 less for the non PP2. I am still wondering if there is more to the details. If there is no real suspension or power improvements, I will take the less attractive wheels and save $900. I am also wondering if this will actually be allowed in Non-premium GTs. The earlier guide made it sound like it would only be a package available for premium.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I don't think there are many questions left, it quite literally looks like it's

- PP
- Admittedly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer wheels
- Magneride

I guess if PP already costs $4,000, those who got PP and magneride should have just waited or wait to get PP2 since magneride is $1,700, you're basically already at the cost of PP2 but with way uglier wheels.
Makes sense except it also includes cloth Recaros.

Bottom line slightly wider wheels, 10 mm wider front tires, and Recaro's bundled with the current PP content, MagneRide, and 301A.

Still unknown regarding whether the tires are still PS4S versus something "faster" and whether the suspension is the same as the "normal" PP.

Since I want the 10A which isn't available with the PP2 and don't want the Recaros I'm not sorry I already ordered an 18 GTPP with 10A, 301A, and MagneRide.

The new order quide shows PP2 as available with 301A and with 401A.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
How is this worth $6,500?

I have a knee that doesn't appreciate cycling a clutch in rush hour every day, what about some PP love for the Auto guys...:headbang:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
As they say, "The devil is in the details", so I'm holding off "final opinion" until we know a few more specifics.

Per Kevin08 above, PP1 + Magride = ~$5700, so about $800 difference that includes a wheel/tire change.

However, like we all know, we're talking manufacturer's costs combined with parts being replaced, so it could be better/bigger shocks/springs/swaybars vs. PP1. The rear wing might be specific to this package (and maybe something cool, like adjustable).

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the FRT BMP line item? Is that Front Bumper? Some kind of package specific front fascia?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I can't imagine it has an entirely different bumper, could be a different (metal braced) splitter, though.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I can't imagine it has an entirely different bumper, could be a different (metal braced) splitter, though.
Yeah, that's why I was having a hard time reconciling the cost for a complete replacement vs. the line item code.

With the new hood and fender lines, does the GT350 fascia line up? What would be pretty f-ing sweet for this package :D

(Almost for sure not, just being blindly enthusiastic :D)

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Answers several questions and raises a few more.
Cannot be paired with A10...dumb.
I'm underwhelmed.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
There's gotta be more to it than this. Otherwise why the late availability if it's the same parts as PP1 w/ Magneride which is already being built? The wheels can't be that hard to make.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
There's gotta be more to it than this. Otherwise why the late availability if it's the same parts as PP1 w/ Magneride which is already being built? The wheels can't be that hard to make.
Good Point!

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Don't forget the "Performance Plus" rear spoiler :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Counterpoint: the 19" forged wheels that we've seen since the feb 2017 announcement are also late availability, and they are a stand alone wheel package.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Counterpoint: the 19" forged wheels that we've seen since the feb 2017 announcement are also late availability, and they are a stand alone wheel package.
True, maybe it is just the wheels then. :shrug:

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I actually think the wheels are worth the $800. Buying a new set will cost you $1000-$2000 anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.

Typically, in my observation, adding it later via the aftermarket costs you a lot more.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Answers several questions and raises a few more.
Cannot be paired with A10...dumb.
I'm underwhelmed.
With the Mustang at least .... Ford seems to always be generating more questions.

The slow roll on product details is just fu&*%ng maddening.
Sponsored