Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Anyone changing their order to PP2?
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I'm trying to but the ordering manager at the dealer I ordered from is being a bitch about it, acting like I'm pulling his teeth.
You can always threaten to cancel all together. I am not sure if I want it, but will do a cost and timing comparison. I worry about having those tires on a DD, but would love the wheels and suspension upgrades. I am just telling them they already delayed my order, so they should work with me on this.

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
I ordered the 401a PP, what is the difference/advantage to going to a PP2. I am also getting the 10 spd auto. Thanks for your insight.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
I'm at a point where I question if I want to continue waiting without any information. I've had an order in for 3 months and I still can't be told .. anything, about what to expect or why it's delayed, or when it'll start processing or show up in cotus etc. No one at my dealership can tell me anything useful, and Ford CS defers to my dealership. may just get a refund and buy a lot car instead. seems like at this point even if they eventually pick my order up it will be January+ to receive it.

Sponsored

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
Got my vin today, only took 10 days from placing the order, got a build date too. Everything shows up in cotus

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
I'm at a point where I question if I want to continue waiting without any information. I've had an order in for 3 months and I still can't be told .. anything, about what to expect or why it's delayed, or when it'll start processing or show up in cotus etc. No one at my dealership can tell me anything useful, and Ford CS defers to my dealership. may just get a refund and buy a lot car instead. seems like at this point even if they eventually pick my order up it will be January+ to receive it.
I feel the same way. I wonder if anyone from Ford actually reads the comments here. All we ask for is an answer....all we get is :barf:

I tried to buy a GT350 from dealer stock to satisfy me but that's a whole new story. Dealers are sitting on them and asking collector car prices! I won't play that game!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I am right there with you. It's complete bull that someone who put their order in 10 days ago receives a VIN but the ones who put an order in before they started to build is left in the dust! I am so tempted to go with Mercedes and forget about Ford. And I was really excited about this car!

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Got my vin today, only took 10 days from placing the order, got a build date too. Everything shows up in cotus
Who did you have to blow to get this to happen?

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same way. I wonder if anyone from Ford actually reads the comments here. All we ask for is an answer....all we get is :barf:

I tried to buy a GT350 from dealer stock to satisfy me but that's a whole new story. Dealers are sitting on them and asking collector car prices! I won't play that game!
If they made a press release or told the dealers whats going on. Then we wouldn't be so mad. But we have heard nothing! Come on Ford you have some very mad people here!!!

Sponsored

rubytuesday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Went to the dealer on 10/9/17 and sat down with their digital marketing sales guy, and I told him exactly what I wanted with the build sheet. Asked him last Monday 10/16/17 about a VIN, and he stated it wasn’t created yet. Just asked him today again, and he gave me my VIN. Shows up in COTUS exactly how I want it and an order date of 10/11/17. No build date yet though. I guess it took about 10 days to get my VIN too.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the dealer on 10/9/17 and sat down with their digital marketing sales guy, and I told him exactly what I wanted with the build sheet. Asked him last Monday 10/16/17 about a VIN, and he stated it wasn’t created yet. Just asked him today again, and he gave me my VIN. Shows up in COTUS exactly how I want it and an order date of 10/11/17. No build date yet though. I guess it took about 10 days to get my VIN too.
:frusty:

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Sure doesn't make any sense to me! I ordered on July and my dealer is brain dead!If I can't have it by the end of the year, I will buy something else!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure doesn't make any sense to me! I ordered on July and my dealer is brain dead!If I can't have it by the end of the year, I will buy something else!
I'm going to text my salesman tomorrow and see if there's an update. I'm going to be positive and just think maybe they forgot to call me. I ordered in August and I thought they go by who got their order in first(or oldest) guess not.

rubytuesday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm going to text my salesman tomorrow and see if there's an update. I'm going to be positive and just think maybe they forgot to call me. I ordered in August and I thought they go by who got their order in first(or oldest) guess not.
Sounds like both of you are getting screwed (sorry don’t know how to quote both of you on mobile). I went in July as well and talked to a regular sales rep. He stated he’d help me, and I gave him my build sheet and everything. I texted him like every two weeks, and he would just say it was processing and take time. I finally message their FB messenger at the end of September, and their digital sales guy tells me the sales rep I was talking to just left the dealership. The digital sales guy then says he would help me put the order through, and he only deals with one customer at a time.

I think both of you should try talking to someone other than a regular sales rep. Maybe message their fb guy, if they have one, and see what they say?
Sponsored