Sponsored

Bossing's GT350 journey....

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Well I decided to use this new thread as a compilation of my journey with the new GT350... from the decision to chase for one and up to present day.

Link to Edsel Ford, Jack Roush, and Richard Petty with my car: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36494&page=7

--------------------

But first let me start off with the legendary reiteration of the Boss 302... since it paved the foundation to my increasing enthusiasm & support and wonderful ownership experience for the Mustang's special edition line. :thumbsup:

My first ever brand new Mustang was back in Memorial Day 2012 when I was actually looking at a freshly new 2013 5.0 GT w/ PP so during the visit to a dealer I saw a remaining Race Red '12 Boss 302 w/ Recaros & Torsen. I immediately felt attached to it. After securing a pretty good discount, I decided to get the Boss instead.

And what a great choice that was! That 444hp Roadrunner powerplant especially with the side baffle plates removed was sweet music to my ears... hence the birth of Bossing! :D

image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My Boss 302 on display at BJ Palm Beach 2013... courtesy of a Ford Performance invite. :)

Bittersweet moment: I sold the Boss 302 earlier this year to someone from Sweden who exported it this past spring. It was in perfect condition; I didn't even activate the Red Key. But in short, I scored a pretty nice profit and this paved my way to search and acquire a new Shelby GT350. I do miss the Boss 302, frequently too... maybe someday I'll add a LS. But for now, the grand celebration is solely for the all new Shelby... a fine worthy replacement and upgrade.

Here's another photo at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach. As many of you know, the Mustang looks stunning in Race Red!
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Flashing back to April 17, 2015.... at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach. This was when the GT350 in Avalanche Gray caught my eye and I knew then & there that was the color I would want. :love:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My 2015 Shelby GT350 timelines summarized:

- Dealer lottery winner; order date 5/12 (AG, Track, Black roof, Black/White OTT stripes)
- Build week 7/19
- Produced 7/29 (Chassis F134; VIN #134)
- On 7/29: my earnest deposit placed to secure purchase (lead from Ruben... thanks!)
- From 7/30 thru 10/28 "built and at FRAP"
- On 10/29: "Released to ship; pending eta"
- On 11/2: in transit by rail; at New Boston, MI
- On 11/4: in transit by rail: at Connelsville, PA
- On 11/6: arrived at Twin Oaks, PA: ETA to dealership is 11/8-12
- From 11/6 thru 11/12: still at rail depot and awaiting transporter loading at ramp 5R
- Arrived at dealership in Dover, DE on the morning of 11/12
- Dealer called me at 10AM and I immediately made arrangements to fly out withn a few hours... :D

Odometer reading was 28.5 upon arrival at dealer and pic after dealer's Mgr filled her up per my approval:

Honored by the dealer was my request to keep everything intact as-is from FRAP. :)

-------moved into showroom awaiting my arrival from FL to DE.... my first pics at Winner Ford @ 6pm------

------ @ 7pm when SA drove it out of showroom for my delivery and drive to Philly 'burbs ------

[ame]

And then my route from dealer to Norristown...

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Updatable story/timeline thread, good idea for a thread.
It would be nice if other owners followed suit with the same title format and if the members keep the thread from going off topic.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Early morning of 11/13.... admiring her and took some pics... what an awesome car!

Factory front splitter still in the box in the trunk along with car cover & accessories...

Some exhaust sound clips:

[ame]

[ame]

And my buddy briefly recorded me while we were cruising around.... :D

[ame]

----- on 11/13 later in the afternoon, the enclosed transporter picked her up for the journey to FL ----

[ame]

[ame]

BTW the shipper I used is this below... you deal directly with the company and the prices are good. No middleman or broker involved.

Last edited:

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
How is Avalanche grey in person. Is it darker than what some pictures show?

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
How is Avalanche grey in person. Is it darker than what some pictures show?
It's subjective to each one of us but in the indoors, dusk, or under moderate lighting at night its gray hue stands out more.... therefore it can appear darker. But in the sunlight or bright lighting or flash then it can appear closer to a whiter tone. I like how it has a different character of color depending on the lighting. Pics don't do it justice... you really have to see one in person. When it arrives I'll take pics of it next to my 'Carrera White' Porsche so you can also see the difference.

Here's another perspective during dawn hours... next to my buddy's Ecoboost FX4 in Sterling Gray.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Well I decided to use this new thread as a compilation of my journey with the GT350...
That 444hp Roadrunner powerplant especially with the side baffle plates removed was music to my ears... hence the birth of Bossing! :D

Too cool! Enjoy the 350. One day soon I'll have the same car/color combo as you. But I'm talking about your Boss. As you did...I feel attached to this car.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Early morning of 11/13.... admiring her and took some pics... what an awesome car!

Factory front splitter still in the box in the trunk along with car cover & accessories...
Did you opt to install the Front splitter yourself?

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Did you opt to install the Front splitter yourself?
Yes but not yet. I informed the dealer not to install it therefore they left it in the box. I was unsure whether there will be enough clearance on the transporter so I played it safe.

There is a video online on how to install this.... I'll search for the link again unless someone has it then they can post it. It's not overly complicated but it is time consuming due to the three-piece front splitter and the many screws and fasteners involved. Basically patience and attention to detail...

Video of front splitter installation instructions: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/videos/GT350Splitter_3PieceFINAL.mp4

Last edited:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Very cool, I also notice in the pics, the gaps seem to look alright.
( based on bad comments from another thread)
Yours look good from photos.
I bet your excited to get it home now :)

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Very cool, I also notice in the pics, the gaps seem to look alright.
( based on bad comments from another thread)
Yours look good from photos.
I bet your excited to get it home now :)
The entire car felt pretty solid & tight. I think the highest rpm I hit was 6k and highest speed I pushed was 105mph {in mehico ;)} and 216 miles on the odo now when I had the transporter load it.

For the most part all the body panels look good... fit & finish is what I expected although I think one gap area may just be a tad bit off. Quite minor to me so no complaints... once she's home I'll surely get to clean her up real well in & out. We'll bathe together... :D
Sponsored