Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Fair enough; I was being more general. Ford have done a great thing in bringing the Mustang here; but they've done it in a manner that would suggest they've never built or sold cars before, not this GIANT of manufacturing... so we pay more, and get subtly screwed in the process.

I'd call it lazy, but I've worked with car manufacturers in the past, so I know it isn't, it's just cost and the "unknown" (i.e. is it worth doing in order to sell 8 cars).

So, the 444444444hp or whatever it is, is enough - and easily remidied as you say; but all I was saying is, as a number, it's lower, but in reality no one that buys these things will know or care "coz v8" ;)

You, yeah, you do - but yours will be standard.. well, it'll be lucky to get to your house before you've changed it :D

I think in the right colour, with the right wheels (something I really don't think Ford get right on this car) the front might be passable, but I really do need to see it in the flesh as 1/4 front views look awful. Higher ones, more like a Jag etc - and it's clearly not a photogenic car if not in the perfect place. A bit like new 911s; beautiful things (IMO) on the road, but those "for sale" front 1/4 images make it look like a guppy :p
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Equally to a few earlier points...

I've met and spoke to non car people (as in not on forums or fb groups) with modded s550's, there's a fair few out there. Modding depends on taste etc.

As for the 550.2 vs the 550.1 in terms of modding, put things this way.

If you buy the car out the box, you're going to technically 'save' about £1300 on an exhaust as it wont need one. Technically speaking most hoods and bumpers will cost around £2500 together (Est inc shipping), which really means ontop of the £1300 you may have spent on an exhaust it's only another £1200 to fix the front end if you go for hood and bumper. Not everyone will mod it, not everyone will like the modded front ends or stock front ends, some will grow to love it, some will hate everything about it etc. It's the joys of the car. There's one thing though, this Auto 10 speed with mag ride (which will be better than adjustable coilovers) and the exhaust will sound glorious and perform like nothing else (Speculatively speaking of it's numbers and such on paper).

Yes the front end looks a bit weird (im trying to keep the peace here lol), but it's nothing that couldn't be fixed, much like the torrid IRS, Tyres, and very dull exhaust note on this one. If you did a nice little benefits vs cons of the 550.1 vs the 550.2 I think the 550.2 would actually win out. but it does depend just how much you can deal with the ugly front end (If I scream loud enough will they make the 650 look like a 550 on crack? Not a 550 on meth like this 550.2 lol)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equally to a few earlier points...

I've met and spoke to non car people (as in not on forums or fb groups) with modded s550's, there's a fair few out there. Modding depends on taste etc.

As for the 550.2 vs the 550.1 in terms of modding, put things this way.

If you buy the car out the box, you're going to technically 'save' about £1300 on an exhaust as it wont need one. Technically speaking most hoods and bumpers will cost around £2500 together (Est inc shipping), which really means ontop of the £1300 you may have spent on an exhaust it's only another £1200 to fix the front end if you go for hood and bumper. Not everyone will mod it, not everyone will like the modded front ends or stock front ends, some will grow to love it, some will hate everything about it etc. It's the joys of the car. There's one thing though, this Auto 10 speed with mag ride (which will be better than adjustable coilovers) and the exhaust will sound glorious and perform like nothing else (Speculatively speaking of it's numbers and such on paper).

Yes the front end looks a bit weird (im trying to keep the peace here lol), but it's nothing that couldn't be fixed, much like the torrid IRS, Tyres, and very dull exhaust note on this one. If you did a nice little benefits vs cons of the 550.1 vs the 550.2 I think the 550.2 would actually win out. but it does depend just how much you can deal with the ugly front end (If I scream loud enough will they make the 650 look like a 550 on crack? Not a 550 on meth like this 550.2 lol)
I feel like I'm being negative here; I'm not, it's just an opinion.

If I go with that, then I could "save" money; but, and this again, relates to just me, my car was £36k. We don't know the cost of the new one - but lets say it's more than £36k.... at what point would I be saving money? If I sold, bought a new one and had the toys - and let's say, fully loaded it was £46k. Well, I could do an awful lot for £10k...

Alright... I'll shut up now :p

My point, actually, is that in any given marque there will always be modders - but if you look at totals, I'd still imagine that the modders are a very small percentage, even with the Mustang. So, a good solid offering from Ford with all the bells and whistles is a far better bet ESPECIALLY as a second hand buy, than a modded 550.1 to most people.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like I'm being negative here; I'm not, it's just an opinion.

If I go with that, then I could "save" money; but, and this again, relates to just me, my car was £36k. We don't know the cost of the new one - but lets say it's more than £36k.... at what point would I be saving money? If I sold, bought a new one and had the toys - and let's say, fully loaded it was £46k. Well, I could do an awful lot for £10k...

Alright... I'll shut up now :p

My point, actually, is that in any given marque there will always be modders - but if you look at totals, I'd still imagine that the modders are a very small percentage, even with the Mustang. So, a good solid offering from Ford with all the bells and whistles is a far better bet ESPECIALLY as a second hand buy, than a modded 550.1 to most people.
I agree with all of that ;)!

Ford will miss a trick if they don't find a way to have a 550.1 conversion front end of GT350 conversion front end for this motor, they could make an absolute killing.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
One of my worries is.

Will all exports get the PS4s tyre? I mean if you choose the forged wheels, then it seems 100% you will.
But if you choose the older style gen1 PP wheel, is there a chance they will bung a set on with the crap Pzero tyre?

Because that is a grand there you need to fork out for new tyres but is something I've worried about a little. So gonna see what US cars with regular PP wheels get shipped with, hopefully all GT's will have PS4s tyres irrelevant of wheel choice. Because if I get Pzero I will be upset because they are not as good as they last nowhere near as long as the Michelins.

But in short like Manders says, active exhaust, saves you the cost of buying an exhaust.
PS4s saves you the cost of buying new tyres.

So that is £2000 there! Actually £3000 as we also get working DRL's now too!

Other stuff like digital dash, extra power, more response, nicer interior are nice bonuses.

Of course Mag ride is epic, but Ford do charge you for that as its a cost option. :D

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with all of that ;)!

Ford will miss a trick if they don't find a way to have a 550.1 conversion front end of GT350 conversion front end for this motor, they could make an absolute killing.

They do!

You can buy all genuine GT 350 parts, wings, bonnet, bumper and fixings, those will bolt right up, but no one does it as you won't have much change from $10,000, remember for MY18 Ford have taken a lot of the GT 350 technology and styling such as lower hood as its for improved aero-dynamics and to reduce hood wobble at speed, suspension, higher compression and improved gearbox / clutch are all technology from the 350. This is also why Ford are doing a PP2 package "tremor pack" in the US which promises near like track handling on the GT to the new 350. Though as always Ford missed a trick and it just seems a poorly executed pack as it makes little sense.

Hence why people go with the copies as its 1/3 of the price to do so.

But agreed the aftermarket company that designs an MY15 hood that fits MY18 is winning big time.

I love the new front bumper and lights, really think they look more polished and aggressive.

It is the hood I dislike, its got no power bulge and the vents look strange, so an MY15 styled bulge hood with MY15 style vents would looks awesome on the MY18, so hoping a company does this, but will admit the Cervini hood and splitter look amazing on MY18, better than their MY15 car thats for sure.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] I've been thinking the same, but as we get a variant of the PP as standard, I expect that they'll come with PS4S anyway. Even more so as we'll be getting PS4S in correct sizes to retro fit onto a 550.1 which Is good, and with their special compound etc etc etc that ford claim it's got.

DRLs aren't a grand, more like 600-700ish. But yes, there's quite a few points with the current spec that you "save out on" I know if I had one I'd probably be neutral at the minute (if it was a v8) assuming I got mag ride and the auto which I probably would on the 550.2. (Saving on exhaust, DRLs, vents, Tyres, and possibly if they sell the right alloys here - wheels too!).

Well... That's a fair point, they do sell the standard stuff but as you rtightfully say it's about $10k just to buy it, because it's genuine replacement parts for a 350. Whereas you have Ikon that have the same style bumper that bolts onto a 550, whereas the GT350 bumper (real) won't fit a standard GT without heavy modification and destroying the front end, we've seen someone do it and they paid a hefty sum just to have the thing fit, after thinking they made a saving getting a genuine one (I'm sure someone said it cost them £4k all in :O).

I really hope manufacturers have their eyes on the ball on these forums, and suppliers are feeding this information back up to them.

I also don't feel the vents on the 550.2 are very nice, the horizontal line just looks odd and adds to the 'droopy' look of the front end, the 550.1 look far nicer (even in after market forms)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drivetribe has an article on the PP (US) having the MPSS tyres; so given the past, I can't see us not getting them on the GT (at least).

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Drivetribe has an article on the PP (US) having the MPSS tyres; so given the past, I can't see us not getting them on the GT (at least).
We'll get them on all variants of Export cars (mark my words lol) for the 550.2.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We'll get them on all variants of Export cars (mark my words lol) for the 550.2.
We certainly should, as Ford are doing a big marketing campaign around the car now having PS4s simply because of how much of a superior tyre it is compared to Pzero in every single statistic, dry, wet, wear rates etc.

I just would not put it pass Ford to accident ship my car with Pzero, haha.

There again if that did happen, I would simply state, hold on, you advertise the car with PS4s because of how good the tyre is, therefor I want my car to have the tyre it was advertised has having, so please sort it!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We certainly should, as Ford are doing a big marketing campaign around the car now having PS4s simply because of how much of a superior tyre it is compared to Pzero in every single statistic, dry, wet, wear rates etc.

I just would not put it pass Ford to accident ship my car with Pzero, haha.

There again if that did happen, I would simply state, hold on, you advertise the car with PS4s because of how good the tyre is, therefor I want my car to have the tyre it was advertised has having, so please sort it!
More like a response of "What the fk is this wet flannel tyre you've put on my car?!"

It'll be a breach of contract with Michellin if they don't sell it with them, I assume Michellin will be on ALL variants of the 550.2, however the ps4s just on the performance pack (or it could be on them all).

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More like a response of "What the fk is this wet flannel tyre you've put on my car?!"

It'll be a breach of contract with Michellin if they don't sell it with them, I assume Michellin will be on ALL variants of the 550.2, however the ps4s just on the performance pack (or it could be on them all).
Fords marketing states all Performance Pack GT cars and exports come with the new high performance PS4s tyre.

It does seem unknown on the EB, US EB's come with Pzero still on MY18, well the prototype cars did, only the MY18 GT PP got PS4s.

Export market though one would hope they all have PS4's but unknown as Ford/Michelin marketing does say the PS4s on the Mustang GT is a specially developed tyre exclusively for Mustang GT PP (why its not available to buy yet). As the EB PP runs different tyre size, there is a chance those will still be on the pzero tyre.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A subtle but effective, in my eyes, improvement on the '18 front end........and this coming from someone that really likes the stock front end!

Obviously more images would be good, but so far it gets a thumbs up from me :)

attachment.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A subtle but effective, in my eyes, improvement on the '18 front end........and this coming from someone that really likes the stock front end!

Obviously more images would be good, but so far it gets a thumbs up from me :)

attachment.jpg
If that bottom grille looked like stock base spec US one it'd flow so much better... then body colour everything to the extra "fins" but on it.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] the front GT tyres are the same as the square setup EB tyres. :thumbsup: (255s)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that bottom grille looked like stock base spec US one it'd flow so much better... then body colour everything to the extra "fins" but on it.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] the front GT tyres are the same as the square setup EB tyres. :thumbsup: (255s)
I know, but it gives Ford an excuse. ;)

Hopefully all will have PS4's, car will review better with the press for having Michelin rubber on compared to Pirelli.
Sponsored