Sponsored

'18MY Saleen

Granjefetati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
We're a weird bunch, aren't we (well, I am! :p ) .....the current headlamps are, for me, the weakest part and that's fixed with the '18! (not that the current ones are deal breakers by any means).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if this '18 Saleen does have new wings that partially cover the headlamps. It'd be very cool if they did, as it gives it a really aggressive front end.....but that's going to be expensive to tool up for. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Just resized the image too.....
Saleen's problems aside, for me, this is the first 2015+ mustang that finally looks like a mustang. The 2015 it's ok, lines flow and all, but it's to soft and mild, the 2018 is a total mess, there is no way to look at that front end. This drawing really looks agresive, equilibrarse and mustang'ish.
But it's a drawing, so until/if they build it and see all the angles I can't fully judge. Looking forward to se the final result.

P.s sorry for my English.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
The Fox Saleens were my generations Shelbys when they were new. Everyone I knew wanted them but we couldn't afford them at the time. Saleen was good in that they sold all the aero engine and suspension mods so over time, you could build your own Saleen. Much like what Roush does now. Saleen needs to go back to that sales model and not charge an arm and a leg for the parts which would get their name out there more, get people thinking of them when looking for mods, and giving them positive cashflow so they can create their own vehicles which would be better made and perhaps a bit cheaper due to volume.

I'm thinking about adding Saleen parts on my 2015, but its so difficult to find them and the stuff that is out there is incredibly over priced and expensive. Example $299 for a Saleen Decklid. Its $169 for a Roush Decklid. Saleen has work to do to gain back the trust of our community, Roush is the benchmark that Saleen should be shooting for. Not making us pay premium prices for parts when theres only an actual handful of real Saleens out there on the roads. That's my opinion. What do you guys think?

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
With that hooding of the headlights there's going to be a very awkward joint line where the fender meets the front fascia.

Concept drawings tend to skip over things like that. Quality control needs to be spot on but if there's a problem Saleen will blame it on buff burn.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
With that hooding of the headlights there's going to be a very awkward joint line where the fender meets the front fascia.

Concept drawings tend to skip over things like that. Quality control needs to be spot on but if there's a problem Saleen will blame it on buff burn.
:lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Should take 2 years for them to build it for you and. Standby for the 500 imperfections the vehicle will have. In there defense they build the cars in a pitch black dark room.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Should take 2 years for them to build it for you and. Standby for the 500 imperfections the vehicle will have. In there defense they build the cars in a pitch black dark room.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
That was awesome. :D

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Saleen's problems aside, for me, this is the first 2015+ mustang that finally looks like a mustang. The 2015 it's ok, lines flow and all, but it's to soft and mild, the 2018 is a total mess, there is no way to look at that front end. This drawing really looks agresive, equilibrarse and mustang'ish.
But it's a drawing, so until/if they build it and see all the angles I can't fully judge. Looking forward to se the final result.

P.s sorry for my English.
I think its funny every time a new design comes out, everyone hates it, then they don't once they see them in person and on the road.

I didn't like the 2015 when it first came out, then I loved it. Then I didn't like the new design when it surfaced, but love 'em now. Saw one in person and pics don't do justice. Usually people are upset with change, then appreciate it once they get used to it.

Granjefetati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
I think its funny every time a new design comes out, everyone hates it, then they don't once they see them in person and on the road.

I didn't like the 2015 when it first came out, then I loved it. Then I didn't like the new design when it surfaced, but love 'em now. Saw one in person and pics don't do justice. Usually people are upset with change, then appreciate it once they get used to it.
But then again, I didn't say I hated the Saleen, I (at least from this angle) love it, for me, they have nailed it!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: let's se how the rear end turns out do, I don't like what they have done on the 2015+

P.s excuse my English :D

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The Fox Saleens were my generations Shelbys when they were new. Everyone I knew wanted them but we couldn't afford them at the time. Saleen was good in that they sold all the aero engine and suspension mods so over time, you could build your own Saleen. Much like what Roush does now. Saleen needs to go back to that sales model and not charge an arm and a leg for the parts which would get their name out there more, get people thinking of them when looking for mods, and giving them positive cashflow so they can create their own vehicles which would be better made and perhaps a bit cheaper due to volume.

I'm thinking about adding Saleen parts on my 2015, but its so difficult to find them and the stuff that is out there is incredibly over priced and expensive. Example $299 for a Saleen Decklid. Its $169 for a Roush Decklid. Saleen has work to do to gain back the trust of our community, Roush is the benchmark that Saleen should be shooting for. Not making us pay premium prices for parts when theres only an actual handful of real Saleens out there on the roads. That's my opinion. What do you guys think?
If only rousch made prettier stuff. I know they are very reputable but I have never been a fan of their designs.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for that, Ericc. I have to say............:hail::love::headbang:

(that's assuming the production version looks just like this.....including front fenders that appear to "hood" the side of the headlamps)

attachment.jpg
Sponsored