Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Texas State Fair. Looks like a 2018 Mustang GT with the black accent package and roof. As most have said, it does look better in person. They had a Red 2017 Mustang GT with the PP right by it and the same exact MSRP and options my Grabber Blue one had. I like both of the cars.
I was there on Sunday. Having both the red one and the white one to compare really made things stand out. I like the 2018 look except the gloss grill. Wish the 2018 had the matt finish grill to match. The new hood in person really gets attention.

There was a '17 vert there as well, man the front seats were hitting the back seats, crazy.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Borla got their new car :cheers:

Wow that must be one of the first off the line from Job 1. Excited to see what they do with the cars equipped with active exhaust.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There seems to be almost no options on the Mustang MCA dealer orderguide except for recaros, climate seats, magneride, larger spoiler, three wheels, stripes, nav and speakers and a choice of colour.
Interesting bit in that order guide (might be an error) is that Recaros are mentioned as available option on the convertibles as well. This was never possible before, and is still not possible in the USA.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Excited to see what they do with the cars equipped with active exhaust.
Yes, this has me interested as well.

Would someone really chose the expensive active exhaust option......and then pay even more for a Borla aftermarket version?

Or perhaps Borla will just concentrate on a non-active version.

Or both!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Wow that must be one of the first off the line from Job 1. Excited to see what they do with the cars equipped with active exhaust.
Yes, this has to be one of the first production cars. And even the body alignment seems pretty good :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Would someone really chose the expensive active exhaust option......and then pay even more for a Borla aftermarket version?

Or both!
I think someone from Borla came on here and gave an idea of what to expect. Typical offerings for non-active cars, and for active cars they will keep the active option, but probably tweak the sound. Might be similar volume to active exhaust, just with a different sound. And I'm sure there will be an option for those that want something even louder than the active exhaust on it's loudest setting. I think some people would pay the extra for the active exhaust just so that the wiring and capability is there, instead of an aftermarket switch.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Maybe. One equipped with the same wheels and red Recaros was at car shows earlier this year.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Or both!

Well it makes sense they get an active exhaust car for two reasons:

1. They can develop a H or X pipe that works with the active system to give it some extra volume for say under $500. :)
2. They can then remove active system and check if their current systems bolt right upto an MY18 and work as they did on MY15 or if any adjustments are required. :)

Seems the sensible option for me business wise as I am sure many of us owners with active exhaust will look at ways of making it louder because the active system has the perfect tone in my opinion as it sounds beautiful and is quite loud in sport/track mode. But of course it would be nice to make it even louder whilst maintaining that beautiful tone, a thing that many GT 350 owners have done on their cars by remove the centre resonator/suitcase, so hopefully Borla will come up for something for us MY18 active exhaust owners who just want a tad more volume from the car whilst still having flexibility to tone it down (quiet mode) for those cold starts which the active system gives. :)

They might also be looking at alternative tip options as well for active for those who want larger tips or different design, could be cool too for those happy to hack the stockers off and get some new bigger ones welded on. :)

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Alignment

Yes, this has to be one of the first production cars. And even the body alignment seems pretty good :)
They must have widened the rear bumper under the quarter Panel, outside the tail lights, when they re-molded it for the other design tweaks. There is no longer a ledge going down from the quarter to the bumper. Lines up inside at the tail light housing and outside at the corner edge. The upper corner over the tail light should match the thickness of the trunk finger saver cutout.

Trunk Panel still mis-aligned. They should have re-designed the upper and lower edges to match the tail light housings, as long as they were re-doing that as well. Even with the trunk Panel all the way down, the trunk lid under the spoiler is still high. If you move the trunk lid up to align the concave corners of the Panel, the trunk is way too high. They could have fixed this by either re-designing the light Modules or else the Panel, or the trunk lid. Clay model has everything aligned. Convertibles have not really had this problem as much, with a different trunk lid.

Rear Window still has a bit of left side drop at the top. Should have made structural shims, or re-molded the Glass. Looks again, like the 15, had three or four different people design the individual parts and didn't co-ordinate or have anyone check their work.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
it looks like the Recaros have the same useless seat belt "holders" on the side...Shelby and non-recaro Mustang has the strap with the magnetic button, which seems like a far better design. I had hoped they would change things...
Sponsored