2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With the new CEO at Ford cutting cost drasticly, the GT500 may have been cut from the lineup.
Already too far along to cut. Tooling checks have been written, so now it's gotta pay for itself.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Has ThePill made a new account? :D
Really?
You do know that Ford was at one time looking into this.
Mercedes already is building this set up for V-8 gas motors.
The design makes this plausible for production.....
Maybe you should do some fact checking before making personal attacks?
Like I said, there is a slim chance that something like this could happen in the future.
Maybe you have a better opinion? Would you like to share it?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope you are right. I guess I'm just use to everythingI want being ridiculously priced! Would be a nice surprise for once!
You never know, with this new dude at the helm, the cost may be astronomical. 100K for a car that looks nearly the same as a regular mustang goin down the road. No thanks to that. I have been enjoying my ford stock finally rising lately tho ;)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You never know, with this new dude at the helm, the cost may be astronomical. 100K for a car that looks nearly the same as a regular mustang goin down the road. No thanks to that. I have been enjoying my ford stock finally rising lately tho ;)
I hope you are wrong

Sponsored

ctmonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.T.
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Mustang GT(SOLD 4/27/18)
I know you've heard this one before...but I ran into a childhood friend of mine that runs a couple Ford dealerships in the northeast on Thursday, he told me about some trip he went on with the owner recently where Ford showed them the new GT500, he said no pics were allowed of course...he didn't offer many details but said I would like it.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I know you've heard this one before...but I ran into a childhood friend of mine that runs a couple Ford dealerships in the northeast on Thursday, he told me about some trip he went on with the owner recently where Ford showed them the new GT500, he said no pics were allowed of course...he didn't offer many details but said I would like it.
Like it based on what?

Every car salesman would tell you you’d love a Kia Rio if they thought you were buying.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Like it based on what?

Every car salesman would tell you you’d love a Kia Rio if they thought you were buying.
HAHAH!!!! True!

Realistically, we've been waiting so long on this thing, we want to believe anything - ANYONE says.

I hope you are wrong
I should be, but ya never know.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
We hear stories like that and it may be totally true. I just figure if a complete GT500TT is being shown around it would be almost impossible to keep some sort of picture from being leaked out?!? In this age of camera phones no one has managed to snag a picture? Also no video of a mule on a track somewhere is also perplexing. If we are close to seeing this thing Ford has done an epic job of keep this SOB under wraps!!! Same with the mid engine Vette. They must really know how to keep these things under the radar!

Also, I bug the crap out of my local Ford dealer. He is a good guy. He has called everyone he knows to call! Always the same answer they don't know nothing!! Crazy!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
We hear stories like that and it may be totally true. I just figure if a complete GT500TT is being shown around it would be almost impossible to keep some sort of picture from being leaked out?!? In this age of camera phones no one has managed to snag a picture? Also no video of a mule on a track somewhere is also perplexing. If we are close to seeing this thing Ford has done an epic job of keep this SOB under wraps!!! Same with the mid engine Vette. They must really know how to keep these things under the radar!

Also, I bug the crap out of my local Ford dealer. He is a good guy. He has called everyone he knows to call! Always the same answer they don't know nothing!! Crazy!
Maybe I’ve said it before, but in case I haven’t it’s possible Ford is developing this car on the same track the GT was developed in Canada. Was there any spy pics of that? I don’t recall.

If that’s true, it could also mean Multimatic had a bigger role with this car and IF it’s supercharged it could be that it’ll be the most capable model, in the Regard of suspension like DSSV.

But that doesn’t make much sense because traditionally the 500 is straight line.

I hope an R is developed to compete with GM. They truly have their chassis sorted. That we can all agree on.

Sponsored

ctmonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.T.
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Mustang GT(SOLD 4/27/18)
Like it based on what?

I don't buy cars from this guy...in fact it's been 25 years since I talked to him in person, we grew up with each other, he didn't even bring the GT500 up because he knows I get D-Plan pricing elsewhere.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I don't buy cars from this guy...in fact it's been 25 years since I talked to him in person, we grew up with each other, he didn't even bring the GT500 up because he knows I get D-Plan pricing elsewhere.
Did you tell him you were expecting a certain spec of car and then he replied with you’ll like it?

And what was that certain spec? Im trying to uncover clues from your information.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang

Ford broke protocol at the Vegas meeting a couple months back and showed dealers pictures of several new models. Not just the GT500. No specs were given.

There were more than ample threats made that if anyone took pictures and leaked or revealed the images they would lose their dealer license. I know my dealer, as badly as he wanted to take a pic, is not going to risk his business.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford broke protocol at the Vegas meeting a couple months back and showed dealers pictures of several new models. Not just the GT500.
By several new models.....do you mean several Mustang models, or several Ford models?

:eyebulge: