Sponsored

0-60 Time with FRPP 2, 3.15 Auto, and other mods

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Heya everyone!

So multiple people have been PM'ing me about my 0-60 times since I have a 3.15 auto with FRPP 2 installed.

I live in Florida so these tests were conducted while it was north of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and probably 80-90% humidity. Not ideal.

These tests were also done after I put on new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (specs in sig) to see what would happen. Here are the results:

Test 1 - 4.6sec launching at 2k RPM
Test 2 - 4.6sec launching at 2k RPM
Test 3 - 4.7sec launching at 2.2 RPM

If a magazine were to test this, they would use the 1-foot rollout and knock these times down 2-3 tenths.

I was still experiencing a little wheel hop and traction issues, most likely attributed to the tires being brand new and not really warmed up.

I think I can get 4.3 or so with a better launch around 1.5k RPM. Keep in mind, with the 3.15 rear end, it doesn't shift into third until almost 80mph.

Tests were conducted with transmission in D and Track mode.

All in all, the car is an absolute nut and pulls like this until you will go to jail.

I am extremely curious what my 0-100 time will be.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Nice times! I think the quickest I've personally done with my car is 4.8sec (PP Car 3.73s) The 2-3 shift seems like it's right before 60mph, 59.5mph or something lol so I think I'm always getting the 2-3 shift in then hitting the 60mph mark.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I wonder what mine would do with manual and 3.31's

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
If you didn't get 500 or so miles on the new tires you will get less traction.They have a lubricant on them to get them out of the mold. 500 miles to get it off.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
If you didn't get 500 or so miles on the new tires you will get less traction.They have a lubricant on them to get them out of the mold. 500 miles to get it off.
You're thinking old school. No lubricant on modern tires.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Heya everyone!

So multiple people have been PM'ing me about my 0-60 times since I have a 3.15 auto with FRPP 2 installed.

I live in Florida so these tests were conducted while it was north of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and probably 80-90% humidity. Not ideal.

These tests were also done after I put on new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (specs in sig) to see what would happen. Here are the results:

Test 1 - 4.6sec launching at 2k RPM
Test 2 - 4.6sec launching at 2k RPM
Test 3 - 4.7sec launching at 2.2 RPM

If a magazine were to test this, they would use the 1-foot rollout and knock these times down 2-3 tenths.

I was still experiencing a little wheel hop and traction issues, most likely attributed to the tires being brand new and not really warmed up.

I think I can get 4.3 or so with a better launch around 1.5k RPM. Keep in mind, with the 3.15 rear end, it doesn't shift into third until almost 80mph.

Tests were conducted with transmission in D and Track mode.

All in all, the car is an absolute nut and pulls like this until you will go to jail.

I am extremely curious what my 0-100 time will be.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!
Wow those are really good times I have 3.15 as well as FRPP2 and struggling to get below 5.0/4.9 and I don't know why.

OP
OP
MrFarms

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Tires are a huge difference maker for sure :)

It's like a new car with the MPSS!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MrFarms

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Wow those are really good times I have 3.15 as well as FRPP2 and struggling to get below 5.0/4.9 and I don't know why.
I saw your build thread...looking awesome!! In regards to the time...have you tried launching it around 2k rpm or so? I think 1.5K might be the sweet spot tho so I'll have to test this sometime this week. I see that you have some serious tires on there so grip shouldn't be an issue ;)

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I saw your build thread...looking awesome!! In regards to the time...have you tried launching it around 2k rpm or so? I think 1.5K might be the sweet spot tho so I'll have to test this sometime this week. I see that you have some serious tires on there so grip shouldn't be an issue ;)
Thanks man! And no I have not tried the 2k rpm launch but when it cools down again the next time I drive it I will attempt that. Yeah traction is not a issue.

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I ran 4.3 with stock pirellis, stock everything except for a catback. My tires were warmed up though. You should get some better times, if the conditions were ideal

Now my 0-60 time is irrelevant because I'm afraid it'll be snap city.

OP
OP
MrFarms

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I ran 4.3 with stock pirellis, stock everything except for a catback. My tires were warmed up though. You should get some better times, if the conditions were ideal

Now my 0-60 time is irrelevant because I'm afraid it'll be snap city.
4.3 with the 3.15 auto?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
You're thinking old school. No lubricant on modern tires.
You sure about that? I'm no expert but I definitely think there is something on new tires that needs to burn off/break in. When I put my Continental Extreme DWS 06's on, the car was crazy squirrely. Definitely took some mileage to break them in/burn them in, before things felt much more stable.

EDIT: From TireRack: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=5

OP
OP
MrFarms

MrFarms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
4.3 with 3.73 MT82 PP car
OK I thought so :)

With the 3.15 rear end, 2nd is pretty long and it definitely matters for 0-60 pulls. If 2nd ended at/near 60 (like the 3.55 auto), I think I would be ticking under 4.0

I may do a 3.55 ford performance swap so more to come on that later but I'm afraid of my highway MPG with a 3.55.

I got exactly 30MPG driving 50 highway miles around 65-70mph with the 3.15s. I was in Florida and it was probably 85 degrees with high humidity.

to be continued :)
Sponsored