Sponsored

MGW first look at 2015 shifter development and oem shifter breakdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
This MGW Race Spec shifter is bad ass! I can't wait to really "drive" the car in the morning. I wish I could share pics with you guys, but I've been sworn to secrecy. A full press release will be coming soon!

Huge props to George and crew at MGW for taking care of us this morning.
Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
why are you in 6th gear on an on ramp?
Well, a lot of them are ridiculously long here. Sometimes nearly a mile in some oddball cases from the light to the actual end of the on-ramp because it bypasses an interchange or something. I mean I can hit highway speeds taking the corner so it isn't a stretch by time I'm a 1/4 mile up the ramp and ready to merge I should be 60+ MPH.

1/2 mile is typical.

For example: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33....33.6329362,-111.8882773,17z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm not going to link it, but if you want to see a picture of the revisions that George made its on svtp.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
This MGW Race Spec shifter is bad ass! I can't wait to really "drive" the car in the morning. I wish I could share pics with you guys, but I've been sworn to secrecy. A full press release will be coming soon!

Huge props to George and crew at MGW for taking care of us this morning.
Pics are posted on others sites..... That you also posted in the same thread.

Sponsored

Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT PP manual
Subscribed

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Pics are posted on others sites..... That you also posted in the same thread.
When I left the shop in Augusta, I was asked not to post any pics until it had been "officially" released. I posted here, before I saw it over there... Anyway, this shifter is badass. I never had an issue with the 2-3 after the install.

I was very pleased with the shifter at the WannaGOFAST event. I only made four passes, but the shifter worked flawlessly. I got the car out today for regular driving and again, zero issues. Perfect.

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Can't wait to get mine. Already got my preorder pass code

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
When I left the shop in Augusta, I was asked not to post any pics until it had been "officially" released. I posted here, before I saw it over there... Anyway, this shifter is badass. I never had an issue with the 2-3 after the install.

I was very pleased with the shifter at the WannaGOFAST event. I only made four passes, but the shifter worked flawlessly. I got the car out today for regular driving and again, zero issues. Perfect.
What is the install like on it? From the pics, looks like you'd have to get underneath the car for part of it?

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Yes. You need to be under the car. It's not a big deal. Can be done with the driveshaft in. I'm pulling mine out at same time. One piece going in.

There's a video of the Barton. Same basic procedure

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
What is the install like on it? From the pics, looks like you'd have to get underneath the car for part of it?
You will need access from both the top and bottom of the car. It's not very difficult, but it is tedious work (top and bottom). When the MGW shifter is installed WITHOUT removing the exhaust or the driveshaft you actually have to take the stock shifter apart to get it out. You also have to assemble the new MGW shifter as you install it. The work is time consuming, but not difficult. The job could be done on jack stands, but a lift will make the process much easier to manage.

Contrary to what others may think, the new MGW Race Spec shift linkage is NOT a "structural" member helping to steady / secure the shifter to the transmission. When the new braces are removed from the sides of the transmission, you can see the "play" in the linkage.

gtmiller1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Can't wait to get mine. Already got my preorder pass code
I called at the beginning of January and put my name on a list but was not given any "pass code". I was just told I'd be contacted closer to availability for payment, shipping info, etc.

What kind of "pass code" did you get? Did you already pay or put a deposit down?

svoguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
89 Fox Body 347 Stroker,2015 Mustang GT, PP
I called at the beginning of January and put my name on a list but was not given any "pass code". I was just told I'd be contacted closer to availability for payment, shipping info, etc.

What kind of "pass code" did you get? Did you already pay or put a deposit down?
I did the same thing and didnt get a pass code
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.