Sponsored

Sync 2 Satnav update - F6 now available

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
For those of us with Sync 2, you can now get the F6 maps. Apparently Ford charge around £240 for them, but fleabay has them from £55.

I ordered from: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SYNC...3745f5c&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=253000397695 and the card was delivered next day using Royal Mail's signed delivery.

It looks like a genuine card, and I just popped the old F4 out of the SD card slot in the glove box (below the USB slot), put in the new one, and it just worked.

The system settings show it as version F6. I am driving to Germany tomorrow and will check if a new-ish stretch of autobahn is on the F6 that wasn't on the F4.
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Excellent....keep us updated:thumbsup:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ordered mine a few days ago, so will update too.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Is this Sync 2 only or can Sync 3 owners upgrade as well?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
There will be a Sync 3 update at some point I suppose, but I'm.99.9% certain it doesn't use the same SD update method.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
sync 3 updates via wifi no sd card required

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
sync 3 updates via wifi no sd card required
Can also be updated from the OBDII port
Thats how mine was done by my garage

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its stupid that car manufacturers charge you for updates. its like being charged every time windows updates its-self.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I never use my on board Sat Nav. Wish I had saved the £900 or whatever it cost.

It's a dinosaur compared with using Google and Waze.

In fact I can't wait for an aftermarket black piece of aluminium with those old toggle switches with DYMO labels to replace the whole touch screen lol.

Have you seen those giant Tesla style screens our US buddies are fitting to their cars. At least those use Google I guess.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I never use my on board Sat Nav. Wish I had saved the £900 or whatever it cost.

It's a dinosaur compared with using Google and Waze.

In fact I can't wait for an aftermarket black piece of aluminium with those old toggle switches with DYMO labels to replace the whole touch screen lol.

Have you seen those giant Tesla style screens our US buddies are fitting to their cars. At least those use Google I guess.
No Way did I pay £900 for the Sat Nav, sure it was part of a bigger package, the packages in the US was very different to the options over here, think that will change on the 18s, think there will be hardly any difference between the US and overseas cars
So does Android Auto, also will be using Waze soon,
the test for me with the Car Sat Nav will be overseas, as can't use Waze or Google unless save it offline. But will be taking my "Free Lifetime Maps" Tom Tom with me, just in case :(

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No Way did I pay £900 for the Sat Nav, sure it was part of a bigger package, the packages in the US was very different to the options over here, think that will change on the 18s, think there will be hardly any difference between the US and overseas cars
So does Android Auto, also will be using Waze soon,
the test for me with the Car Sat Nav will be overseas, as can't use Waze or Google unless save it offline. But will be taking my "Free Lifetime Maps" Tom Tom with me, just in case :(
Depends what network you're on, most networks updated contracts to allow you to use your mobile data abroad in most of Europe and some other countries, so unless you're flying the car to America, you should still be able to use google maps/wayze.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I've done two euro trips in the past 10 months in the Mustang, 7 countries and the sat nav was great. I backed it up with good old fashioned paper maps (I find Michelin maps the best, one of my maps was a 2010 edition).

If I missed a turn due to my human confusion, the nav instantly re-routed, brilliant.

I don't get the worry or apprehension at least, of using the built in sat nav :shrug: Traffic updates and auto re-routing due to traffic all worked perfectly. And, I was in some very remote, rural areas.

Big part of a Euro trip is half the fun is getting hopelessly lost :D (didn't happen on these trips) What did we do before sat navs? ;)

OP
OP

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Quick update fom me - the "new-ish" bit of the A4 near Koln that was not in the F4 maps is on the F6 - so no more driving in fields for me in that area!

I like the integration of the Sync 2 satnav into the car so the directions automatially mute the music and the traffic updates work pretty well so you can choose whether to reroute or not. The voic input is useful at times...

I am heading back to the UK on Friday afternoon, and the Ring around Brussels often makes the M25 look like a race track so I will see how it handles that; I have a route through the city centre if necessary.

My wife has a new Citroen C3 with a fully integrated Tomtom that uses the car's built-in GSM card for access to traffic, speed cameras and fuel prices etc. so that does show how effective a "full integration" can be.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
its stupid that car manufacturers charge you for updates. its like being charged every time windows updates its-self.
Oh its coming... :doh:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1