OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Gtechniq Crystal serum light
Ok thanks, this is the one im getting so im guessing it will be find but will double check
Sponsored

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv
I had my stripes put on by the detailer who then did GTechniq. He said the stripes could be done later after a few months but wouldn't recommend it. The benefit of the stripes on first is they also get protection, making them easier to clean.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I have GTechniq Crystal Serum on mine and was told by the detailer that stripes, vinyl or anything on the paintwork will not stick, it might initially but with driving & washing it will just peel off. He's been in the business over 20 years so i trust his judgement.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
gtechniq website

Crystal Serum
Q: Can Crystal Serum be applied on vinyl, wraps and matte finishes?
A: Yes, but we recommend C1 over coated with EXO as a more suitable solution.
EXO
Q: Can I use on paint protection film, matte paint, powder coat, carbon fibre and vinyl?
A: Yes to all! EXO is ideal for PPF and vinyl but be sure that you don't apply EXO first as PPF film and vinyl won't stick to your paint with EXO applied. EXO is good on matte finishes but C1 EXO is best.
warning against EXO under your vinyl but not crystal serum
so make of that what you will

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
gtechniq website

Crystal Serum

EXO

warning against EXO under your vinyl but not crystal serum
so make of that what you will
Yes but you don't just get Crystal Serum, its always topped off with EXO (v1 or v2). Mine had CS applied then 3 coats of Exo ... Exo does only last around 18 month though before needing to be reapplied, CS lasts 7 years (or 5 years for CS lite)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes but you don't just get Crystal Serum, its always topped off with EXO (v1 or v2). Mine had CS applied then 3 coats of Exo ... Exo does only last around 18 month though before needing to be reapplied, CS lasts 7 years (or 5 years for CS lite)
Pretty sure I had to ask for it. Their site is down at present by the looks of it...
Sponsored