Sponsored

Insurance Woes..

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I got a quote for a GT back in Feb and it came out at £210 for me fully comp max NCB etc..

Today, same company, same me.. £407!!

Whats going on? Has anyone else seen such rises?
Sponsored

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
I guess the insurance companies are taking note of the amount of mustangs ending up upside down in ditches...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
have a shop round, insurers aren't very "common" with their prices, you can get such a wide disparity that it becomes almost pointless them "competing"

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
It's also worth remembering that certain modifications, suspension for example will narrow down the companies that will provide a reasonable quote considerably.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it up as it was esure so they mirrored my Ncb.

What's more shocking is is more than double what I pay for the RS!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
welcome to the unregulated world of car insurance stick your finger in the air and pull out a random price from the rabbits ass

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My renewal quote was actually £200 cheaper than the quote from my insurers website :shrug:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My renewal quote was actually £200 cheaper than the quote from my insurers website :shrug:
Yeah, it seems the culture these days is to rip off existing customers and give great quotes to new ones. Trouble is, you spend ages on the pic getting quotes and pumping in all your details every year to get the better quote??

What happened to customer loyalty??

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I usually get the renewal quote in the mail and then go online and get £200 off it and then have them price match their own website. I imagine they make a fortune from people who don't bother to check and just renew blindly.

I was kind of glad because it would have meant me listing all my mods again trying to renew it.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I got a quote for a GT back in Feb and it came out at £210 for me fully comp max NCB etc..

Today, same company, same me.. £407!!

Whats going on? Has anyone else seen such rises?
Was that before you got the RS? Now they think you are a hooly. :)

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was that before you got the RS? Now they think you are a hooly. :)
Good point bro. Day must have realised dat I can't drive a rwd car so I need 4wd in my life too. Fanks for da heads up!!

Last edited:

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
just spoken to direct line about my renewal, asked about mods and apparently spacers are a no. will have to have a shop around, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
just spoken to direct line about my renewal, asked about mods and apparently spacers are a no. will have to have a shop around, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Interesting. Who is it out of interest? I'm with Admiral and have been for many years, and they have been great - in particular with the multi car discount for my Fiesta also.

Spacers they were fine with, although they couldn't find them on their system. So the official line was "I'm putting them down as non standard wheels" even though I told them it wasn't really anything to do with the wheels! Cost me only the admin fee of £20 IIRC.

Got all this fun to come in the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions for young (ish) drivers appreciated :) although I'm expecting Admiral to come up top as they usually do for me.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Who is it out of interest? I'm with Admiral and have been for many years, and they have been great - in particular with the multi car discount for my Fiesta also.

Spacers they were fine with, although they couldn't find them on their system. So the official line was "I'm putting them down as non standard wheels" even though I told them it wasn't really anything to do with the wheels! Cost me only the admin fee of £20 IIRC.

Got all this fun to come in the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions for young (ish) drivers appreciated :) although I'm expecting Admiral to come up top as they usually do for me.
Directline keep being cheapest for me, as you're over 25 try Brentacre, classicline, aplan. especially for modded.
Sponsored