Sponsored

Kangarooing down the road.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Took the GT out for a little jaunt around the local roads. I have noticed I am kangarooing nearly every time I'm setting off.
Is this an inherent issue or is it me just not giving her enough gas? I've had a hundred cars and don't recall ever having the same problem?

Advice will greatly appreciated, but just calling me an old bastard who can't drive will not be accepted as a good enough reason. :paddle:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
dont slip the clutch and lot give it more power and it doesn't jump. I think alot of it feels like its down to movement in the prop shaft shitty tolerances

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Smooth clutch and change from first to second at around 2000rpm.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dont slip the clutch and lot give it more power and it doesn't jump. I think alot of it feels like its down to movement in the prop shaft shitty tolerances
It feels like really soft bushings allowing everything to move around.

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
If you haven't already. Change the clutch spring for a Steeda one. Much better feel as not fighting 150lb of standard spring. Its a £20 mod and worth every penny

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
It feels like really soft bushings allowing everything to move around.
i've replaced all my bushings and have lockout etc on it still does it especially from first to 2nd if I don't have enough revs on jumping to 2nd.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's called our ultimate "Stop The Hop" pack for a reason!

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-pack-c2x21954406

But even our IRS Base pack would be a good starting point....
Not sure it's axle hop, it feels more like all the soft bushings between engine and rear hubs are so compliant they allow loads of movement when under load reversal.

I fitted all the stiff bushings to one of my GT86's and it made everything much sharper but also added to nvh. I need to think about where I'm going with my GT and go from there. I don't intend to ever sell her.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
the steeda bush inserts are a good bet don't add nvh and a cb005 should lock the sub frame in place so it stops moving better.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes, she can be difficult not to kangaroo sometimes especially when driving slow, she doesn't like being in traffic!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it's kangarooing like "kangroo petrol" aka the engine having issues, more power, dissengage the clutch fully, if it's from the rear end then yes stuff like the steeda IRS insets/bushings or the CB005 will kill this off, the IRS is absolute trash, it's got wobbly bolts, and flaps around everywhere, @Steeda should be able to dig out their video of the IRS under standard driving, looks awful.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's kangarooing like "shunting". If I give her more revs and don't slip the clutch she's fine.

Maybe it all just needs to bed in a bit?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
It's kangarooing like "shunting". If I give her more revs and don't slip the clutch she's fine.

Maybe it all just needs to bed in a bit?
3.5k later mine still does it i'm pretty sure its both rear diff / irs moving front to back on it soft ass bushings (this is why the steeda bush inserts and the cb005 help as they stop the irs moving) and there seems to be play at both ends of the prop shaft where the flanges's meet/bolt up then finally there's actually probs 1/4 an inch play on the rear diff and the gear box output shaft anyway.
Seems being on low revs and slipping the clutch some how seems to set everything in resonance which is what causes it to bounce then onces its started stopping is difficult :) just boot it and its fine though.

thats my theory at least .... yay american precision engineering

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
No issues with mine, but I have steeda clutch spring, makes a world of difference and cost like £10 :)
Sponsored