Sponsored

Red tail lights

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Hi all,

After 5 days of ownership I have decided I really don't like the white rear lights on my Grabber Blue GT. I much prefer the US red tail lights.

What are my options?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi all,

After 5 days of ownership I have decided I really don't like the white rear lights on my Grabber Blue GT. I much prefer the US red tail lights.

What are my options?
Hello Nige, good choice! I think red lights will be ace on yours. Most popular seems to be the pre cut set that anchor room sell, about $40 from memory. Either that or get a vinyl wrapping place to do a custom job.

I know manders has the exact colour code for the vinyl that the anchor room tints come in.

Which ever way you go it shouldnt cost you more than ÂŁ100

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
What's the legality of making them red?

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Also a guy on Euro forum called Dennis did them for €35 - he's in Holland so Freepost & no import tax. Got mine from him rather than Anchor Room. Can't see any problems re legality as when indicators are on, they still flash orange when red vinyl applied.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Also a guy on Euro forum called Dennis did them for €35 - he's in Holland so Freepost & no import tax. Got mine from him rather than Anchor Room. Can't see any problems re legality as when indicators are on, they still flash orange when red vinyl applied.
These are the ones i have on mine at the moment. I actually prefer the look of the anchor room as they are a little darker and a little glossier, but the set from dennis is very good quality

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
a lot of folk in the USA are looking for the white ones might be just as easy to swap them with a member... it would work out about the same if not cheaper to ship them over. that's if you can do without the car for a couple days during the swap time...

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you wrap and are worried about if they are legal. I believe if you keep the turn signal amber and the brake light and blinker work at the same time then you are good.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked the Anchor room site and they have a couple of options for the red euro kit.

There's the full rear kit with red tail lights, tinted brake light and tinted fog/reverse lights.

There's also a kit for just rear reds. They cost $47.82 and $29.99 respectively. Postage is $15 then there may be tax if the parcel is picked up at customs.

Before I order, I was wondering if anyone else was thinking about these kits? If so we can share the postage and customs. I'll stump up the money to buy em, then you buy off me at the cost price plus extras divided by how many kits I buy, so, if we buy three kits we pay $5 each postage plus a third of the customs.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=27831]Gloucesternige[/MENTION] You're fine legality wise. Anchor room have a tint kit to DIY it, however it works out more expensive than just going to a wrap company and asking them to wrap it.

The colour is ORACAL 031 RED that Anchor Room Uses. Costs ÂŁ50-60 depending on your wrapping company.

I had the anchor rooms originally as i got my brother to bring them back from the States so saved a tonne on them. But, now i've got my sequentials i found the exact colour and just got Fortis to wrap my new lights with the same tint. (Oracle 031)

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
interested! I want reds on my oxford white.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If you DIY manders it would be cheaper to buy the pre cut kit from Anchor.

I didn't, and probably wouldn't again, a single fold, bubble, etc i'd be done with them, they'd come straight back off, ship it to a pro, leave it with them, takes 30mins to an hour and you're good to go. :thumbsup:.

Issue with vinyl and such is, even if you're doing it in your garage, there's going to be bits in the air, especially this time of year, get one under it and it's like paint, bobbles up.

All for you DIY'ing it, but again, if you buy the oracle tint, DIYIng it would be easier ;)!
Sponsored