Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe for all 2015-2017 GT Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I'm not sure what resonator delete is on my car. I have CAT delete and Corsa axle back. My H-Pipe is 30" from clamp to clamp. Will this be a direct bolt in for me?

Thanks.
2017-04-09 19.51.39 (Medium) - Copy.jpg
2017-04-09 19.47.54 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
I'm not sure what resonator delete is on my car. I have CAT delete and Corsa axle back. My H-Pipe is 30" from clamp to clamp. Will this be a direct bolt in for me?

Thanks.
You should be perfectly fine.

We designed this to share a similar length to the longest resonator delete we could find. That way if you resonator delete is shorter, you would simply have to trim a small amount from your existing exhaust pipes for fitment.

It appears as though you have the MRT H-Pipe. If that is the case, this new pipe would be a direct swap.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be perfectly fine.

We designed this to share a similar length to the longest resonator delete we could find. That way if you resonator delete is shorter, you would simply have to trim a small amount from your existing exhaust pipes for fitment.

It appears as though you have the MRT H-Pipe. If that is the case, this new pipe would be a direct swap.
Thanks for the quick response and info! Just pre-ordered :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick response and info! Just pre-ordered :thumbsup:
Which Corsa axleback do you have that you're pairing with this?

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Corsa axleback do you have that you're pairing with this?
I have the quitter touring mufflers along with the MRT H-Pipe Resonator Delete and no Cats. The car sounds good but it is very loud. With moderate acceleration its pretty obnoxious in the cabin, and I'm sure even worse if you are behind me. Anything over 60 mph is also loud in the cabin while cruising on the freeway. If you are rolling on surface streets and just cruising along the volume is pretty tame and manageable.

I'm just trying to take a tad bit of volume out of the exhaust at part throttle. When at WOT it could be open headers for all I care :headbang:

-Cmy

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My question [MENTION=20475]Dave@CJPP[/MENTION] is do you have any knowledge how this sounds compared to the Borla mid muffler? I am currently running a unique setup consisting of Kooks long tubes into Kooks "green" cats into Borla mid muffler into Borla mid pipes cut to work with Roush quad tip "active" exhaust.

After installing the headers I first tried everything mentioned above but with a Borla X pipe instead of the Borla mid muffler and when in "Sport" or "Track" mode of the Roush Active control it was too loud. I then swapped in the Borla mid muffler, (which is why I made my setup this way so I could simply interchange the X pipe and mid muffler) and its quieter than I would like lol.

Any idea if this X-onator you collaborated to produce is louder than the Borla mid muffler? I hope I didn't confuse you trying to describe my setup.

I was going to start looking for inline type resonators to add on each mid pipe after the Borla X pipe but maybe this is the answer???

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My question [MENTION=20475]Dave@CJPP[/MENTION] is do you have any knowledge how this sounds compared to the Borla mid muffler? I am currently running a unique setup consisting of Kooks long tubes into Kooks "green" cats into Borla mid muffler into Borla mid pipes cut to work with Roush quad tip "active" exhaust.

After installing the headers I first tried everything mentioned above but with a Borla X pipe instead of the Borla mid muffler and when in "Sport" or "Track" mode of the Roush Active control it was too loud. I then swapped in the Borla mid muffler, (which is why I made my setup this way so I could simply interchange the X pipe and mid muffler) and its quieter than I would like lol.

Any idea if this X-onator you collaborated to produce is louder than the Borla mid muffler? I hope I didn't confuse you trying to describe my setup.

I was going to start looking for inline type resonators to add on each mid pipe after the Borla X pipe but maybe this is the answer???
Well [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION],
I would expect this to be very similar volume to the Borla, but with a slightly different tone, as the Borla mid muffler is an H internal. This muffler is just a little louder than the stock resonator once it's broken in, as is the Borla. Another forum member measured 2 dB louder with SLP LM2s going from stock resonator to Borla mid muffler. I would guess mine increased about the same amount. That said, this will sound like and have roughly similar volume to an X pipe with inline resonators after it. I enjoy it very much with my Corsa Sport axleback.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the quitter touring mufflers along with the MRT H-Pipe Resonator Delete and no Cats. The car sounds good but it is very loud. With moderate acceleration its pretty obnoxious in the cabin, and I'm sure even worse if you are behind me. Anything over 60 mph is also loud in the cabin while cruising on the freeway. If you are rolling on surface streets and just cruising along the volume is pretty tame and manageable.

I'm just trying to take a tad bit of volume out of the exhaust at part throttle. When at WOT it could be open headers for all I care :headbang:

-Cmy
Yeah this will do that! It'll also have more of the exotic Corsa wail because of the X-pipe vs. the H. No worries though, it is still deep.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Check this thread out. There are some before and after videos.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70879

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION],
I would expect this to be very similar volume to the Borla, but with a slightly different tone, as the Borla mid muffler is an H internal. This muffler is just a little louder than the stock resonator once it's broken in, as is the Borla. Another forum member measured 2 dB louder with SLP LM2s going from stock resonator to Borla mid muffler. I would guess mine increased about the same amount. That said, this will sound like and have roughly similar volume to an X pipe with inline resonators after it. I enjoy it very much with my Corsa Sport axleback.
Are you saying you think this Magnaflow will sound similar to me putting the X pipe back in then installing inline resonators? Which is a good thing if true.

That said would installing the Magnaflow X resonator have more volume than the Borla mid muffler?

That said would Borla X into inline resonators have more volume than the Borla mid muffler?

That said am I s.o.l and all 3 options are pretty much he same lol

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I checked out the video and the Maggie reso X made an amazing improvement. Hard to know for sure what this would do for me compared to the Borla mid muff I have because after it he has inline reso's and bullets instead of mufflers.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked out the video and the Maggie reso X made an amazing improvement. Hard to know for sure what this would do for me compared to the Borla mid muff I have because after it he has inline reso's and bullets instead of mufflers.
As soon as I get mine I can do a before and after vid/audio clip and share.

-C

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Definitely interested in this, hopefully shipping to Australia isn't a killer due to the weight and size!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.