OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Yes its ugly and the quality is pretty poor,
The quality of the filter, intake pipe etc all seemed really good to me, but the replacement lower airbox is proper heath robinson stuff. The quality of the cut out on the right side is beyond appalling!

And yes, it does make cool noises ;) :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
So, is it just me, or does the PMAS make the exhaust significantly more fruity!?!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well check this out, PMAS & LUND tune, gaining 55BHP and 60lb/ft over stock car:

The Lund tune is nothing short of incredible, forget the numbers as dyno cannot reflect how good it is to drive but the numbers are nice too.

I think this might be causing Stew to plan a few upgrades to his stock V8 now, hehe. :D

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Awesome. Im just a few weeks behind you. Waiting for my Lund Ngauge to arrive and then ill be having a tune :)

Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I am really interested in following this PMAS and Lund tune, [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] it seems as though experience has suggested this is the one to go for. However when tuning I have to admit I am a dullard ! Firstly I can't seem to replicate finding the tune Gibbo mentions (I can find the SCT and the PMAS CAI) Would I be right in thinking the below is the correct order to replicate this through Lethal Performance ? I did find a Lund racing tune on its own but then there was a $300 dollar remote charge for overseas customers, so no idea what the difference is.

My other dullard question is how do you send the Tunes or info back to Lund ? Is this done via the SCT handheld by data logging? In essence you get the tune, run it, take a data log and then it's re worked a few times or do you need to head off to a dyno etc each time. I also have a Solo Exhaust going on at delivery so is this something that needs to be mentioned?

I would really welcome thoughts and help here, I am handy at most things but tuning is a no !
image.jpg

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
What sort of IATs are acceptable when running a CAI? Is there a temp that you really wouldnt want to go above?

As an eg. On Sunday ambient temp was 12c, but in traffic I was seeing IATs of around 25c.

Is that normal / OK?

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] etc

What sort of IATs are acceptable when running a CAI? Is there a temp that you really wouldnt want to go above?

As an eg. On Sunday ambient temp was 12c, but in traffic I was seeing IATs of around 25c.

Is that normal / OK?

Bloody high for the ambient but pretty normal for a CAI. I believe at 36c the car will pull timing, of course the lower the IAT the more timing the car adds.

I did a lot of IAT modifications, search for them but I got IAT to match stock air box with an open cone filter. :)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Bloody high for the ambient but pretty normal for a CAI. I believe at 36c the car will pull timing, of course the lower the IAT the more timing the car adds.

I did a lot of IAT modifications, search for them but I got IAT to match stock air box with an open cone filter. :)
Cool, thanks. 36C is the golden number!

Ill be monitoring closely, although through the winter im guessing it wont be too much of an issue.

Im guessing some heat shielding and a Velossa Big Mouth might be on the shopping list at some point!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool, thanks. 36C is the golden number!

Ill be monitoring closely, although through the winter im guessing it wont be too much of an issue.

Im guessing some heat shielding and a Velossa Big Mouth might be on the shopping list at some point!!

Yes but remember, denser air equals more power, so say if your IAT are 25c now, if you could drop them to 15c you will make more power as the car will add timing.

End of the day we go out of our way to gain 10-15BHP with a CAI, so why throw 10BHP away due to high IAT's. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION]

Ngauge arrived with me in NL from the UK today - and its all good, thanks!

Just unlocked it and ordered my Lund tune. According to the customer service I should have the files sometime tomorrow.

Awesome!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
All in and running.

The PMAS and Lund combo is properly, properly good. The dial goes around a lot faster in 3rd 4th and 5th.

Highly recommended to one and all!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Did you go for Gibbo's tune or off-the-shelf?
I gave them my mod list and they sent me a file. Going to do my own diag runs and send them back. :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All in and running.

The PMAS and Lund combo is properly, properly good. The dial goes around a lot faster in 3rd 4th and 5th.

Highly recommended to one and all!

Enjoy those extra 40-50 ponies! :)
Yes the pull in 5th is incredible it just flies right to 160mph now.

Make sure you do a few datalogs for them to get it spot on and if you find the throttle a little jumpy just mention it as they know the fix. :)
Sponsored