Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
There is not going to be a uniform solution that will make everyone happy, but we're weighing the options and may add an additional, more minimalist mobile style for those that prefer it. It will take some time obviously.
Have you looked into using Garage talk app for hosting?

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So that's why I've been having so many issues! I even changed my password trying to fix it. Well now I know.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Not sure what all the fuss is about regarding the mobile site. Posting, PMs, email notifications, pix all work fine for me on an iPhone 6s using the most current IOS. Tapatalk is a decent at best medium that handicaps its host like a parasite lol. :eyebulge:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
On my S6 the site is the normal site. Its not a a mobile version and i dont have it set up to go to desktop site. I cant access the quick links either now. Its shows it but wouldnt open if my life depended on it.

Sponsored

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
On my S6 the site is the normal site. Its not a a mobile version and i dont have it set up to go to desktop site. I cant access the quick links either now. Its shows it but wouldnt open if my life depended on it.
The only way I could make mobile work on my Android phone and tablet was to go into the quick links, edit options and change the theme to mobile. I did this from my desktop.

Then go back to the phone and open the site again and it should show up as mobile.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sucks because I use Tapatalk 99% of the time :(

X2. But sounds like legit reasons. Just when I saw my first 6g vendors name on the back of some UFC fighter's shorts last night. At least one brand will resonate in my brain for a while. I too found the web view not that great, but not totally bad. Not sure I'll be reading as much anymore, but I'm addicted to the mod thing so we'll see.

To the mods, check out JeepForum they have a good app, not sure how much it would cost to go with something like that.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
The only way I could make mobile work on my Android phone and tablet was to go into the quick links, edit options and change the theme to mobile. I did this from my desktop.

Then go back to the phone and open the site again and it should show up as mobile.
I will try that thanks. I rarely use my laptop

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Mine is on mobile on Android but can't upload pics still...

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
well I'm on my laptop and went to where droid junky said and there is no option for mobile view in edit options! WTF this is so frustrating. Making me barely wanna get on the forum anymore.

nvm- it was under forum skin. had no clue what a forum skin was. Figured it was just basically choosing which car image and colors appeared on the forum homepage.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Well I'll tell you what I did like about tapatalk compared to this forum is, picture and link posting. 95% of the time I try to post a pic or link on here it wouldn't work but on tapatalk it worked all the time. Well until now.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
This is highly unfortunate. I really suggest Mustang6g try hard to find another safe mobile application to partner with. That was 90% of how I viewed the forum and I even found Mustang6g through it. I became so information obsessed, and aided by how easy it was to navigate this forum, I ended up with the car 6 months later.

Navigation, uploading, notifications and general speed and ease of use was 50x faster than through a browser on a laptop. Sucks. Browsing forums through a website is almost archaic now. There's got to be a better way.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I will try that thanks. I rarely use my laptop
I didn't keep it set to the mobile theme long. I would rather see the ads built into the page vs a persistent one that pops up at the bottom everytime I go to a new page.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Well I tried uploading photos from my PC on Explorer and Chrome and fails every time...This no Tapatalk thing is frustrating just for this reason...

Any ideas??? I need to sell my JLT oil separator and cant upload an image...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.