Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The order process
Sorry for the Ultra Long post, however there’s plenty of questions running around and it’s best to have the answers in one thread.
The aim of this post is to get a detailed (and high level) description of what happens at EVERY stags in the process, from ordering to receiving your car.
The process can take between 8-12 months (Some early buyers have seen higher wait times, but these are generally anomalies)

Day 1 – You’ve been to your dealership, specced your car out, paid your deposit and been handed a sheet of paper with your spec on, and signed some documents – possibly the most expensive documents to date :lol:
If you’ve ordered from an official ford Mustang/Vignale dealership the order should be sent to Ford asap (Within the month usually) and this will be your order ‘sent off’, it’ll now be in Fords systems. Congratulations, you’ve now started the Journey inside of Fords miraculously intricate systems – but more on that later
A few months will pass-by, you’ll talk to your friends, family, dog, fish, deaf nan, and anyone who will listen about this car you’ve bought – but wont get for another 5-10months. People wont understand the emotions you’re going through right now, very few people have ever ordered cars that they’ve had to wait this amount of time for – consider yourselfs somewhat lucky (Maybe fortunate is a better word).

Now we’ll dive into the process:

5-9months after ordering You’ll be assigned a VIN, this is an Estimate.
Your VIN can be obtained from your Dealer – should they be pragmatic, or from Karen & Stacey (Fords Delivery Team) who can be contacted on [email protected]. Make sure you provide as much detail as possible the first time emailing so that they can get your order number.
Details include:

· First Name + Surname
· Dealership ordered from
· Dealer name
· Dealer number (if you have this)
· Spec of car, including any extras
· Date of Deposit paid
Once you’ve got your VIN you’re looking at a 2 week estimate to pickup your car.

Week 0 – VIN is released to you, you can now begin checking Ford systems to ‘track’ your car.
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do - Type your VIN in here and you’ll be able to see your car, it’ll be early days so not much will be available here just yet, but you’ll keep checking every 3 minutes!

Please see attached images for VIN Decoder (Thanks @Stark) at bottom of post.

1 Week after receiving your VIN
Your window sticker will be released, you can find this here:
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/FordSticker.html?title=YOUR VIN HERE
On this site you’ll be able to see your window sticker… So what? Well, it’s actually somewhat of a big deal, this window sticker will confirm your ‘Blend date’. What is that you ask? Well that’s the day your car WILL be built on, consider this the highest confirmation you can receive. It’s on the top middle, it’ll say 1YYYYMMDD with YYYY being year, MM being month and DD being Day (For instance Blend Date: 120160226 is 26th Feb 2016)

1 Week after your window sticker goes live
Your car should be built, as per the blend date on your window sticker

1-2 days after your blend date
Etis should update, it’ll now show information in a low level about the car, what specific things have been added, removed, etc.

1-2 days after
Your car should now be gate released and on it’s way to the upfitters

1 week later
Your car should now have gone to the upfitters, and ETIS should have updated, ETIS will now be ‘settled’ and there will be no new updates to ETIS unless an outstanding field action occurs. You will know that this has occurred, and ETIS will have settled as the following will have occurred:
1. Within Primary Features your ‘Interior Colour and Interior Fabric’ will show up
2. Within Minor Features the following will appear – these are from the upfitters:
FR3C 5310 A* Left/Front Coil
FR3C 5310 A* Right/Front Coil
FR3C-5560-H* Left Rear Coil
FR3C-5560-H* Right Rear Coil

You can contact FordService on the forums for information about your car up until the car reaches the Baltimore Docks where it comes under the control of Ford Europe ([email protected] for information again at this point)

1-2 weeks later
Your car should now have left the Flat Rock plant, and be poised and waiting in the Baltimore Docks for a boat!

2-3 weeks later
Your car should be assigned a ship. Woo! This will also contain the estimated arrival and departure dates of the ship, it’ll be going from Baltimore to Zebrugge, however some boats do stop off on the way, the boats are not exclusively Mustang carriers, they take multiple cars of multiple different brands, makes, sizes etc. You can track your car on it's voyage by entering the VIN into the Cargo ID field here:
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fr...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

1 week later
Your car will be on the ship, and begin it’s voyage, congratulations, your car is now probably doing more miles sailing than you have in your life! This is a 10-16 day sail on average

1-3weeks later
Your car will arrive in Zeebrugge, be taken off the boat and be ready to move through the process.

2 Weeks later
Your car will have passed the customs clearance, have been undersprayed by the team in Zeebrugge and be ready to take the short sail from Zeebrugge to Southampton. At the end of this 2 week period, your car will be put on a ship heading to Southampton. This will be on a ship that leaves ever Monday or Friday (well, the arrive in Zeebrugge on them days - they leave the following day) - You will know when youa re booked on a ship as WWL's tracking site will say 'Delivered from'

4 Hours later
Your car will now arrive in Southampton for it’s final checks before coming to your dealership

1-3weeks later
This section of the process can be quick (some have seen a 1 day turn around) or slow (Others seeing 3 weeks.) This process may depends on your dealers pragmatism and initiative, but if you’re anything like me you’ll be harping down the phone to your dealer when it’s in Southampton getting them to bring it up – some dealers like to bring up multiple cars in batch, which is fair enough for costing reasons, however, sucks for you waiting!
The car will spend time being security checked, and then a notification will be sent to your dealer that It is ready.

1 Week Later
During the week between the dealership picking up your car, from Southampton, and prepping it (PDI checks and committing to any additions post delivery you have asked them to do – such as fitting of the number plates) you maybe asked to come into a dealership and confirm your order, agree the finance (if you’ve gone for this) and agree payment (if you’re paying the car in full). You’ll also agree your pickup date.

Pickup day:
Congratulations, you’re picking your car up, holy sh*t that’s a massive congratulations! Take plenty of pictures, celebrate, do whatever, you’ve just picked up your Mustang.
Now with the logical brain on – don’t forget to bring the following checklist myself and the other forum members made to make sure your car is in tip top condition!
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41791

Things to Note

*not all dealers are pragmatic, or trained in the selling of Mustangs, be patient, they can be frustrating due to lack of information and transparency, but they’re used to dealing with 3-4 week sales, not 1 year sales. I’m certain they’ll get a little better over time. If you’ve got one who keeps you constantly updated you’ve found a needle in a haystack

*Karen and Stacey from the [email protected] help desk are a god send to those of us having been through and/or going through the process currently. They’ll be able to update you on your car, keep them on side and be respectful, they’re two amazing people for what they’re doing and hopefully are getting the same recognition within Ford for their work – as they do this along with their day jobs

*Dealerships that are not Mustang/Vignale verified will put your order into one of these dealerships, this can cause delays

*Not all order timelines are the same, I’ve presented a ‘rough’ timeline here.

*Orders may take longer if you fall into the following parameters. GT’s take longer to build than an Ecoboost (it’s a few hours). Ecoboosts in general have a shorter wait time. If you buy a convertible this will take longer (Regardless of engine choice). If you get racing stripes or black roof this will take longer. Any additional extra’s will also take
longer (These can all add up).

Guys, please keep the comments constructive and if you have anything to change, just write it below and I’ll change/confirm it. Thanks for reading this far :)

Courtesy of [MENTION=23828]bobpies[/MENTION] there is a Spreadsheet with peoples wait times on which can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12QQI5oQIw775MdV7BmkLvgTKdEqBwzdFw4joj0-a1AA/edit

VIN DECODER BELOW (F=2015, G=2016 H=2017 so on and so forth)
VINDecoder.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
Cracking work!

Now just need to save this so I can find this again in "5-9 months" when i 'might' have a VIN number, seeing as i only ordered last week!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cracking work!

Now just need to save this so I can find this again in "5-9 months" when i 'might' have a VIN number, seeing as i only ordered last week!
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] can you sticky this please?

(That should keep it finadable for you :) )

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
VIN breakdown mate

Obviously add G to the Year for 2016
VINDecoder.jpg

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Any info on what point the order is locked down and colour changes are no longer available?

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks Manders!!! So far you've been bang on, been checking every few days and everything you've said has so far happened. Good work matey!!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Manders!!! So far you've been bang on, been checking every few days and everything you've said has so far happened. Good work matey!!
Glad i could help :).
[MENTION=21724]Tacklebury[/MENTION] no clue mate, it's a bit of a dark art and sometimes depends on your dealer.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So my car should be waiting for a train now, is this the point where the tracking goes dead, or is it trackable once on the move, if so how do I go to the next stage or is it a case of just asking Karen/Stacey??

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
So my car should be waiting for a train now, is this the point where the tracking goes dead, or is it trackable once on the move, if so how do I go to the next stage or is it a case of just asking Karen/Stacey??
Whilst your car is in the US one of the best sources of information is Deysha and Meaghan who are on this forum. send a PM to FordService.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bingo SteveS beat me to it (Damn trains!)

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So Etis showed my car was Built on the 01 March, I just checked Etis again today and it's now showing it was built on the 07 March, I guess this is common??

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
So Etis showed my car was Built on the 01 March, I just checked Etis again today and it's now showing it was built on the 07 March, I guess this is common??
Yep, it bounces around a bit.
Sponsored