Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thanks for the confirmation.

Anybody done this upgrade on a float charger with the engine off?
That should work. But I did mine on a long drive, with pulling over once to cycle engine power so as to reboot the system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you that have done this, is it a requirement that the engine be running or can the battery be on a charger? I'm presuming the requirement of the engine running is so that the battery doesn't run low and brick the unit, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.
the instructions says to keep the engine running, I havent turned mine off during the process

rwyatt85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ever since I installed the 2.2 update I've been unable to see the album art that used to display on the right side of the media player screen. I'm also one of those suffering from the null gracenote database version.

I tried to get the dealership to look into this, but it was like pulling teeth. Today I called Sync support and asked about this and was told that "The gracenote update is part of the navigation update which is not released yet" and "the feature to display album art was removed in this update". Explaining that I wasn't running a Navigation-equipped system did not seem to phase the lady.

I smell caca. I don't even want to get into the various reasons why this doesn't make sense.

Can anyone running the new 2.2 update on a Non-Nav system give me a sanity check and confirm that their system still displays the album art from the metadata tags? Preferably, someone who has the preference setting set to "media player" over "gracenote" in the settings.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Ever since I installed the 2.2 update I've been unable to see the album art that used to display on the right side of the media player screen. I'm also one of those suffering from the null gracenote database version.

I tried to get the dealership to look into this, but it was like pulling teeth. Today I called Sync support and asked about this and was told that "The gracenote update is part of the navigation update which is not released yet" and "the feature to display album art was removed in this update". Explaining that I wasn't running a Navigation-equipped system did not seem to phase the lady.

I smell caca. I don't even want to get into the various reasons why this doesn't make sense.

Can anyone running the new 2.2 update on a Non-Nav system give me a sanity check and confirm that their system still displays the album art from the metadata tags? Preferably, someone who has the preference setting set to "media player" over "gracenote" in the settings.
many of us non-nav users are in the same boat as you, i currently have no gracenote version and no album art since the 2.2 update

rwyatt85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks. The only nugget of interesting information that I had come across, before I started my campaign to have this fixed with the dealership many weeks ago, was the one anecdote of a guy on the F150 forum whose dealership replaced the APIM which solved the issue for him (allegedly).

Still irritates me, but knowing I'm not the 1/100000 with the issue gives me a little optimism that Ford will be trying to straighten it out in a future update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Even better would be a VIN that has been totaled (the update will never be confirmed for that VIN so it should always be available).
hey I never thought about that but you're right :cheers:

Thanks. The only nugget of interesting information that I had come across, before I started my campaign to have this fixed with the dealership many weeks ago, was the one anecdote of a guy on the F150 forum whose dealership replaced the APIM which solved the issue for him (allegedly).

Still irritates me, but knowing I'm not the 1/100000 with the issue gives me a little optimism that Ford will be trying to straighten it out in a future update.
thats right I read that too, it was a faulty APIM, he had a problem with gracenotes not showing up..my suggestion was to wait for the first map update to be released, that way gracenote update will be available to purchase on the side, that way you can update the version DIY and go from there.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Saw a bunch of people asking about Waze on AA.....

Waze for Android Auto has officially released today!!!

Go download it, I've been in the beta and haven't used google maps since :) (exaggeration but you know what I mean)

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a bunch of people asking about Waze on AA.....

Waze for Android Auto has officially released today!!!

Go download it, I've been in the beta and haven't used google maps since :) (exaggeration but you know what I mean)

yeaah I was just gonna say that! its officially here guys!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey everyone, trying to install this update on another 2016 Sync3 Mustang non-nav. Did the unofficial install on my previous car last year without issue. This time I tried following the Ford instructions (no two step process) and I keep getting the error "Installation has run out of space or does not work with this version". I followed the Ford instructions to a T, even bought a new 32gb USB 3.0 stick and formatted to exFAT. Copied the files over (there's 8 files in my download) and no luck. After the error message if I pull the USB stick out it says "installation paused". But if I leave the stick in for more than 10 minutes it doesn't do anything even though the Ford directions say that's all it should take before it reboots the system. Any tips? I'm on Mac by the way.

Edit:
I talked with Sync support chat and they helped me out. I needed to put the files in a SyncMyRide folder and then remove the SyncMyRide\ prefix from each of the compressed files. All is good now.

Last edited:

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Never use the Waze app before but with Android auto it will not show the speed limit info on the screen even though it's checked on the phone

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I tried waze auto today, I have a fast phone but on sync3 it lagged alot and kept losing my location. when I tried playing google play music on top of everything, it went full retard

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I tried waze auto today, I have a fast phone but on sync3 it lagged alot and kept losing my location. when I tried playing google play music on top of everything, it went full retard

Yes, I've had issues with other Android functions after using Wazes. Hopefully, they will fix it for the official app.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Guess my idea of just hooking up my old Android and using my iphone as a hotspot would make it unbearable.... Guess I'll wait until they get the bugs worked out.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Never use the Waze app before but with Android auto it will not show the speed limit info on the screen even though it's checked on the phone
I had noticed this in beta testing. I think it's intentional as the Android auto Waze is pretty trimmed down compared to using it on the phone. I am hoping they will add it later as it's probably my 3rd favorite Waze feature behind cop marking and the detailed traffic info.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I had noticed this in beta testing. I think it's intentional as the Android auto Waze is pretty trimmed down compared to using it on the phone. I am hoping they will add it later as it's probably my 3rd favorite Waze feature behind cop marking and the detailed traffic info.
Doesn't the cop marking feature depend on real-time user input? If so, wouldn't the chance of marking a cop in a small town be low?
Sponsored