Dry Nitrous help

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hey guys,

I'd like some advise on how I could run my Dry Nitrous kit that I just bought from Nitrous Outlet. (I didn't want to go for a Wet kit for multiple reasons, 1st one being that I didn't want to cut/tape my fuel line. 2nd I didn't wanna take a chance to get a backfire and BBQ my car lol). Anyways, I'm planning on running 75Shots from now and max 100 later (I don't wanna go higher than 100. I believe it's plenty of power for me). I email my tuner @diablomatt and he told me I could just apply the 87 tune from Diablosport and put some 93 Octane. After reading some forum I'm kinda lost on what to do lol. I replied to my tuner but he didn't answer me back yet. He must be in vacation or something... Nitrous Outlet made me buy newer sparkplugs (Brisk RR12S) and they told me to gap them at .032 Anyways since my tuner didn't reply to me yet I'd like y'all's opinion. Should I got with that 87 tune and put some 93 Octane or do something else?

PS: My engine is a V6

Modo: Feel free to move my post if it's in the wrong section. (Sorry about that).

Thanks!
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Couple things. A wet kit is actually safer to run. Next thing you'll need a nitrous tune that cuts at least 2 degrees of timing. You'll want to run one heat range colder plug than stock. Sounds like your covered there. And please. Don't run pump gas and nitrous. At the very least. Run E85. I run 110 in my 95 all the time. When I spray. I have a separate fuel tank loaded with 125 octane fuel. The more octane the better when using nitrous.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple things. A wet kit is actually safer to run. Next thing you'll need a nitrous tune that cuts at least 2 degrees of timing. You'll want to run one heat range colder plug than stock. Sounds like your covered there. And please. Don't run pump gas and nitrous. At the very least. Run E85. I run 110 in my 95 all the time. When I spray. I have a separate fuel tank loaded with 125 octane fuel. The more octane the better when using nitrous.
For some reason I don't trust the Wet kit lol. As for the E85 there's only 2 station caring some and it's far away from where I live/work. I'm kinda f***ed I guess...:frusty:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Naw your not screwed. If you can't find good fuel to run. Cut a little more timing. A general rule of thumb is 1.5 to 2.5 timing retard. For every 50hp of nitrous. If you can't run good fuel. Cut an extra degree of timimg or two. This will need to be worked out with your tuner.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So a Diablosport 87 Tune with 93 Octane should be enough to retard my timing and the car should be able to add fuel automatically under 75 dry Shots right? If I ever do this build (Which I really want. I will make a tutorial with everything I did for future references).

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, Our V6 doesn't have a MAF sensor. It's only speed density. How is the car going to know there's Nitrous being sprayed and add fuel...?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I've experienced both in pushrod and 3V 4.6.
You have to retard the timing regardless of fuel and change the plugs.

this will be tricky. I say for your sake and all murphy rules you need a wet kit and controller with rpm limit/window switch, purge kit, blow down tube, and bottle blankie. Some paranoid drivers double up the solenoid shutoffs incase one fails. I would increase full pump capacity and maybe go to larger injectors.

I would get advice from the kit suppliers. Some make nice setups for the newer 5.0 edit you have a V6.

Trade it in for Ecoboost or 5.0

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've experienced both in pushrod and 3V 4.6.
You have to retard the timing regardless of fuel and change the plugs.

this will be tricky. I say for your sake and all murphy rules you need a wet kit and controller with rpm limit/window switch, purge kit, blow down tube, and bottle blankie. Some paranoid drivers double up the solenoid shutoffs incase one fails. I would increase full pump capacity and maybe go to larger injectors.

I would get advice from the kit suppliers. Some make nice setups for the newer 5.0 edit you have a V6.

Trade it in for Ecoboost or 5.0

Yea I don't wanna go with a Wet kit. I'd rather take my time and tune properly the Dry kit. My injector should be fine at 75Shots. I guess I'll just retard my timing and check if my car will add fuel by itself (It should...).

You could swap a 3.5EB too
Why would I swap my engine...?:tsk:

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION]

Good shit man now you got me interested lol. I'm a little worried about long term reliability of the engine since it's my dd but also the clutch and flywheel. Any thoughts on that?

Also I think mpt has a nitrous tune.

Anyways hope you get it all set up and let us know how it goes. I am definitely thinking about buying this as a bday present to myself this weekend lol.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@StangATX

Good shit man now you got me interested lol. I'm a little worried about long term reliability of the engine since it's my dd but also the clutch and flywheel. Any thoughts on that?

Also I think mpt has a nitrous tune.

Anyways hope you get it all set up and let us know how it goes. I am definitely thinking about buying this as a bday present to myself this weekend lol.
It's my DD too haha. I'll keep yall posted whenever I'll get more information on what's bothering me and how to fix it.
Sponsored