ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
first dumb question:

i have the GT Red start push button installed now in the car. during all the posts, i did not come across any instructions on how to replace the red button. can anyone help with that please
Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
first dumb question:

i have the GT Red start push button installed now in the car. during all the posts, i did not come across any instructions on how to replace the red button. can anyone help with that please
On a tesla screen? or the premium/base?

This guide is for the premium package

[ame]

skip to Minute 2:15

I'm not sure if its possible to do on the tesla screen :shrug:

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
ive seen a few of the teslas with the red button. someone was saying that the red button needed to be sanded down a little...

On a tesla screen? or the premium/base?

This guide is for the premium package

skip to Minute 2:15

I'm not sure if its possible to do on the tesla screen :shrug:

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can post some of my actual unit later today, I did the update on my drive in to work, but it looks exactly like this, and the big speedometer is always shown, which is nice. (to me.) It adds the minimalist HVAC controls, and a darker-themed top row. I was rooted before the install, and installing the update DID remove my root, and the Kingroot software, which is how I noticed the WiFi issue so quickly, 'cause I went to go download it again, and WiFi will not turn on. Just a note, using this theme, you have to select "Show Speed" to "On" in the system settings, otherwise it puts a picture of some other car up there, until [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] gets his hands in the image. (I already sent it to him, but it takes time.)

Can anyone tell me, if you go to "Settings > More Settings > Backup and Reset" Does it have the option to perform the "Factory Data Reset?" Mine has it now, and I don't remember it being there before.

This is the option I'm talking about.

reset.png

This is what the new image looks like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
:coolphotos: What type of center gauge is that in the pictures and where did you get it?

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
first dumb question:

You will have to take apart the HU and sand it a little bit to make it fit. (Be really careful when you take apart the 2nd gen) :thumbsup: I know a friend who did it. Let me tag him here he might be able to help you a little bit more than I would. @Pablotheartist We need you please! :D

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
first dumb question:

I did it on mine, its not that hard, you just need a fresh unused razor blade.

Basically the keyways on the tesla button dont match the OEM keyways, and you just notch into them, shaving them a little by little until they line up with the OEM ones. Once theyre lined up correctly the OEM button will elide into place.

Side note: you can use an old razor blade too but it wont cut like butter here lol

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Step one compete...

I got everything apart waiting for the HU to be delivered. I took my time and didn’t rush. I’m really glad a read all 196 pages of this post. You guys rock. I found a few tips every helpful.

I did blue tap and mark everything thing I unplugged, plus I took pics as a point of reference. I was able to use a T10 unscrew the board to remove the red GT 350 start button. I’ll have to do the same thing with the Tesla unit. Anyone who has taken the HU apart, any tips???? Any wires attaching the board to the frame work????

My tesla unit will be here tomorrow. The Old lady is going to TAJ with her friends so I should have the entire day to myself and give me plenty of time to get it installed…

The one question I have is for those guys with the Gen 2 with a GT PP, did you have to reroute the two harnesses which were attached to the CD player to the top portion of the mounting area near the AC vents? If so, any pics would really help.

Last edited:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Step one compete...

I got everything apart waiting for the HU to be delivered. I took my time and didn’t rush. I’m really glad a read all 196 pages of this post. You guys rock. I found a few tips every helpful.

I did blue tap and mark everything thing I unplugged, plus I took pics as a point of reference. I was able to take the back of the old unit apart and use a T10 to unscrew the board and remove the red button. I’ll have to do the same thing with the Tesla unit. Anyone who has taken the HU apart, any tips???? Any wires attaching the board to the frame work????

My tesla unit will be here tomorrow. The Old lady is going to TAJ with her friends so I should have the entire day to myself and give me plenty of time to get it installed…

The one question I have is for those guys with the Gen 2 with a GT PP, did you have to reroute the two harnesses which were attached to the CD player to the top portion of the mounting area near the AC vents? If so, any pics would really help.

For the harnesses of the cd player I talked about it on my install video. That might help you during your install process...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1893587&postcount=2843

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
OMG... I’ve done it.... all 195 posts, read.... wow. That was insane. I would get excited, then think this is a bad idea, then excited.... you guys are like my wife. Makes me happy one day, then I want to jump off a building the next....

I have a 2015 GT PP. the end result is a bought a unit off eBay from a fella named jinzhu2016. I got this email today:
DHL 6479459976
i have send you high cable.pls look at picture
When you receive, please open the parcel check navigation no damaged, and then sign for it.thank you

Some serious boo-coo Engrish going on there, lol

So I have the dreaded premium car and I hope the fella sent me the premium harness everyone is talking about. Ill be tearing the car apart Monday when it comes in and taking my time. Once it gets installed and before I screw it back into the dash, ill be keeping my fingers crossed it all works well.

That said, I'm going to apologize ahead of time. I might be asking some really silly questions, so please bear with me.

I am on pins and needles to see if you get it working with the premium model. Really want to get one but need to know it will work first.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I am on pins and needles to see if you get it working with the premium model. Really want to get one but need to know it will work first.
Ill keep you posted. it arrives today and i took the day off from work to install it... dont tell the wife though. she thinks my stomach is missed up... lol :lol:

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
[MENTION=13160]ETCH[/MENTION]
the back of the Tesla is really easy to take apart. Pretty self explanatory. Remove the 4 or 6 screws holding the rear cover and remove it. Unplug the toggle switch board. Remove the 5 or 6 screws from the toggle board and it falls out.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Ill keep you posted. it arrives today and i took the day off from work to install it... dont tell the wife though. she thinks my stomach is missed up... lol :lol:
I have a feeling your stomach will still be a little queezy come tomorrow. There is that bug going around after all. You should probably go ahead and schedule tomorrow off as well.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)