Sponsored

Big Mouth

Harley103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Mine doesn't fit!

finally got around to fitting today after it's been sitting on my shelf for 2 months. Got the front bumper off, dremmeled out the grill, slotted the big mouth into place and then the bumper wouldn't fit back on. It's just protruding out approx 1/4" too far and pushing against the front grill.

I'm going to assume its due to my Steeda CAI, to be fair Velossa tech didn't claim it would fit with an after market CAI.

Don't know if I can mod it to fit, with limited daylight hours left I had to rush to get my car back together
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a tight fit and had to modify it slightly. Part of the new modifications they have actually made it slightly smaller.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do these fit the GT350?

Harley103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
What modifications did you make GR11M? Did you cut a bit off the inside (Narrow end) or did you have to chop a bit off the front end that sits against the grill?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What modifications did you make GR11M? Did you cut a bit off the inside (Narrow end) or did you have to chop a bit off the front end that sits against the grill?
thanks

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Once I'd dremeled out the front grille it fit much better, although it still pushed slightly on the bumper. You can take a bit off the front (bumper side), mine wasn't being restricted inside the car, it went in as far as it could go.

Also there was some wiring that doesn't sit right below the Big Mouth, I unclipped this from the bumper and pulled it further to the right.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I mentioned this in my thread, about poor fitment and it being a massive pain in the ass to fit.

Keep taking a bit off, less is more because it is held in by force so it needs to push against the bumper a little to hold it securely in place. :)

It is a good mod but for a piece of plastic is over-priced and the poor fitment just makes it annoying as its a royal pain to fit.

Harley103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
I remember the piece of wiring underneath that didn't fit right vividly

Sponsored

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Hey guys! Just wanted to follow up. If you haven't already heard, we changed the design to allow a smoother installation with seamless fitment! It fits a few other aftermarket grilles too! :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have them in mine, they didn't "slot in" but, it was the newer variant of it. Needed to pry bar it in so it fitted but bumper went back on easy enough.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Mine still in the box. Sadly didn't fit with the RTR grill and led's. They were more important so I'm doing without for now

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine still in the box. Sadly didn't fit with the RTR grill and led's. They were more important so I'm doing without for now
What colour? Got a mate of mine who wants a black one pretty much asap :thumbsup:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto