Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
you crazy heads are actually going to make me remove my bumper and take a dremel to my lights aren't you???

:D
Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'm actually more worried about the insurance company going bananas on me if anything happens and they find out I have "modded" lights (security issue)...

but it's soooooooooo sexy :D <3

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
sexyness > everything else :D

Sponsored

Charly159

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016
No, that was not the case with mit boards. The old driver got the problem that sequential turn signals did not work when the engine was running. the new driver fixed that but still got the flickering problem.

I got the hint to try to unplug the OEM parking lights to get rid off the flickering from the EU sub here, but he had the same problem as me.

But EU mustangs every really tricky in terms of electronic. Never could switchbacks get to work because of flickering issues while the same setup worked fine on other cars. It was really annoying
I had the flicker concern with the switchbacks, but I do not have the worry with the DD tribars and their latest version of the drivers.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
OK let me share with you my experience with Diode Dynamics' new tribar LED Boards with sequential turn signal.

I installed them a couple of months ago and at first they were working perfectly. A few days after the installation, the DRL function of one of them (the right one) was not working (all other functions were OK). I contacted Paul through the forums and, after following his detailed instructions, I found out that one of the T-Tap connectors was not making the connection very well. I fixed it with pliers and then everything was back to normal...

...until a couple of days ago! Now the left one was not working when the headlights were on. After reaching for the connection through the wheel well liner, I realized once again that the T-Tap connector was not making a good connection (piece of crap!).

So I decided to to do what I never wanted: remove the front bumper in order to do the connections the right way. I withdrew the crappy T-Tap connectors and I took my time to splice carefully each wire individually. After splicing them, I wrapped them initially with normal electrician's tape and then I used self-fusing rubber tape in order to make the connections strong, waterproof and heat resistant. For that I used 3M Scotch Rubber Splicing Tape 23 (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...h-Rubber-Splicing-Tape-23?N=4294922059&rt=rud).

Now everything works perfectly, as it should be and everything seems to be heat and water resistant. I believe that they will last forever. If you decide to use Diode Dynamics' front tribar DRL boards, I strongly suggest that you replace the inefficient T-Tap connectors when you first install them. The probabilities are that sooner or later they will stop working properly, you will be pissed off and you will have to do everything all over again, like I did... :shrug:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Lots of problems with tha t-tap they sent with the side markers, but already reported about that on the forum :)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
No problem so far with the T-taps from DD on my car. But to be sure, I've put a lot of eletrician tape around the connexion :D
John I don't want to disappoint you, but eventually you will have to replace them. They do not offer a robust connection. When I removed the T-Taps I realized that they barely make a connection with the wires, so due to the vibrations of the car while moving, these connections most probably will stop working. I believe it's a matter of time before they go bad.

Last edited:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
hum, don't scare me now... do we have any discounts for Diodes shop?