SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I was a later production run (landed in March '16), so no. It is simply an unfortunate cooincidence that it's also affecting the oil cooler (technically the lines leading into the cooler). No coolant mixed with the oil and it's an unrelated fault from the sounds of it.

This is why they want the rubber grommets for the end of the pipes rather than the entire cooler itself, as the cooler has no problems.
Was it not cars built up to April 16 that were affected?
Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Yours will be affected mate

Quote- Some 2016-2017 Mustang GT right hand drive vehicles equipped with a 5.0L twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) engine and built on or before 26-Jul-2016 may exhibit an internally and/or externally leaking engine oil cooler that may result in an overheating engine, engine noise, base engine damage along with an external oil leak.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yours will be affected mate

Quote- Some 2016-2017 Mustang GT right hand drive vehicles equipped with a 5.0L twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) engine and built on or before 26-Jul-2016 may exhibit an internally and/or externally leaking engine oil cooler that may result in an overheating engine, engine noise, base engine damage along with an external oil leak.
Can you link me to an official source for that so I can send it to them? They wont take my word otherwise.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Ben I sympathise with you but if you think Ford customer service is poor you should try dealing with Morgan. Even their dealers get frustrated. I got my Threewheeler back after 12 weeks away having a fractured chassis replaced, fortunately Morgan paid even though it was 18 months out of warranty. Others had had the job done in 3 weeks but I had no explanation why mine took so long.
My experience of Skoda service varied. The dealer I bought from deteriorated after the move to a new glass showroom. A small service agent was excellent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Garage phoned me at work at 4. Boss let me leave early at 4:45 to go and collect my car!

They replaced the oil cooler and got new rubber grommets for one of the connections. They've also been around the car and tightened everything up. The clutch and breaks are pin-sharp now, and its amazing, better than when it was new.

When driving home, as well as too and from the Gym this afternoon, I kept a very sharp eye on the temp readouts on the dash. The highest the cylinder heads got was 98C, but only briefly when I stuck my foot to the floor. Once you got moving on the motorway at 70 it hovered around 92~94. Before the breakdown it used to be 10 to 15C higher than that, hitting 110 without second thought. It also seems to cool down much faster when you finally sit idle, dropping to about 88, which it has never done before. Feels like it's more eager to get up and go, too, like it was very breathless at high revs and below 3k. Maybe the ECU is seeing that it's not over temperature and finally letting me tap into the rest of the power.

Either way, I'm actually alarmed at how good the service was this time. They kept me updated almost every day and the car has come back better than new. Tight as a drum.

Lookers must've gotten a staunch kick up the backside from corporate to up their game.

Well done, Ford, it's nice to have my baby back! :ford:

20170623_192656328_iOS.jpg

The coolant is a little low (just above minimum), but I'll let that slide given they threw in a free splash of petrol.
Sponsored