Anyone Know about Fords Remote Access ?

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone know if the ford remote access app available For UK Mustangs the Apple (UK) App Store unavailable and the USA Store won't let UK download it ? But is this because certain products have been disabled for EU.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the ford remote access app available For UK Mustangs the Apple (UK) App Store unavailable and the USA Store won't let UK download it ? But is this because certain products have been disabled for EU.
It's an app to do all manner of goodies with the US cars

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes I have used it but why does eu cars not have the facility not even able to download the App just curious to know the software will be there just disabled.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have used it but why does eu cars not have the facility not even able to download the App just curious to know the software will be there just disabled.
Not a clue, can try and make a "fake" account on App store/Google play apps, and set location to USA, turn location / gps off, and download it, see if anything works, but i doubt it will.

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I Think you have to have one of these installed to make it work, part no DL3Z-19A390-B in the US: https://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-10667.html
The vehicle needs to contain a SIM to have Internet access. It then polls a Ford site with its status and retrieves messages destined for your car every 10 seconds. The mobile app sets your vin up on the Ford website and links the car SIM to your phone such that you can queue messages for the car and pull its current status. Standard internet of things architecture pattern used by everything from home alarms to connected thermostats like Hive. Great idea, also a little dangerous as anyone with legitimate or hacked access to the database can locate your car then send your car a message to unlock and start. Do you trust Ford infosec did a good job? I'm in that industry and seeing what a mess some large household name companies make of this kind of thing I wouldn't.
Sponsored

Last edited: